Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The bow isn't supposed to hit every target perfectly, its a fukking bow, not a gun. Of course you weren't holding the aim down, you weren't upgrading the handling, you weren't using the correct arrows in the correct situation. There is nothing wonky about it...you just don't understand the game. :umad:

I shouldn't have to explain "in detail" when I pretty much gave you the main reason, your inability to understand simple sentences is your problem, not mine. "Retarded complaint"? what are you 12? Someone doesn't agree with your opinion and you go full triggered mode? C'mon son, just move on, spare us both the quoting and replies.

Thats cool breh, and yet once again nowhere do you explain what the game's 'gimmick' is. Do you actually understand what that word means? It doesn't mean 'gameplay mechanic'.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
The bow isn't supposed to hit every target perfectly, its a fukking bow, not a gun. Of course you weren't holding the aim down, you weren't upgrading the handling, you weren't using the correct arrows in the correct situation. There is nothing wonky about it...you just don't understand the game. :umad:

Thats cool breh, and yet once again nowhere do you explain what the game's 'gimmick' is. Do you actually understand what that word means? It doesn't mean 'gameplay mechanic'.

You need to read my posts carefully, I addressed that I upgraded the bow on a previous post, the point still remains, that the aiming is wonky in the game. Not terribly game breaking of course, but definitely eyebrow raising when you realize that the very bows they're modeled after in real life are far more accurate. This would've been a minor complaint had something major changed after all the upgrades....it didn't...and its something even youtubers who play it religiously mention.

The gameplay mechanic is a gimmick, just like the rails/skyhook in Bioshock Infinite, they are "devices" used in said gameplay. Again, I'm sure you understand how dictionary.com works. Lets not go into the deconstruction of a very simple word, just to try and prove some skewed point you might have. Many games have used gimmicks, lets not sit here and pretend they haven't.

And that's as far as I'm going, you're clearly purposefully ignoring posts and or common phrases so I'm not making this a back and forth of smileys and quotes, its an opinion, get over it, and move on.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You need to read my posts carefully, I addressed that I upgraded the bow on a previous post, the point still remains, that the aiming is wonky in the game. Not terribly game breaking of course, but definitely eyebrow raising when you realize that the very bows they're modeled after in real life are far more accurate. This would've been a minor complaint had something major changed after all the upgrades....it didn't...and its something even youtubers who play it religiously mention.

The gameplay mechanic is a gimmick, just like the rails/skyhook in Bioshock Infinite, they are "devices" used in said gameplay. Again, I'm sure you understand how dictionary.com works. Lets not go into the deconstruction of a very simple word, just to try and prove some skewed point you might have. Many games have used gimmicks, lets not sit here and pretend they haven't.

And that's as far as I'm going, you're clearly purposefully ignoring posts and or common phrases so I'm not making this a back and forth of smileys and quotes, its an opinion, get over it, and move on.
The complaints about the bow aren't really a matter of opinion, you're other criticisms are and that's fine. The bow is dead accurate though. I'm confused by your complaint. There are several different bows all used for different enemies and distances. It sounds like you weren't using the right weapons in the right situations and you weren't pulling the bow all the way back. Most of my kills in this game were quick and easy head shots from varying distances. The combat can be challenging given the nature of shooting one arrow at a time at enemies that move like crazy but accuracy was never an issue for me.

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Played it, beat it (now), definitely not gonna get GOTY, not even close. Its a lovely looking game, the gimmick works better than the gimmicks in Far Cry Primal, the story is there, but drags on and at some point becomes stale. The characters around Aloy are one dimensional and boring, the mechanics are fun, even if I ignore the wonky bow aiming(Yes I upgraded) and white reticle.

GOTY though? Nah, not with Red Dead, Shadow of War, South Park and Shemue 3 coming out. Hell, you can even quote me, I won't delete this reply, Horizon is a great tech demo, but Horizon 2 will be the one to look out for.

:francis::scust::gucci::camby:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The complaints about the bow aren't really a matter of opinion, you're other criticisms are and that's fine. The bow is dead accurate though. I'm confused by your complaint. There are several different bows all used for different enemies and distances. It sounds like you weren't using the right weapons in the right situations and you weren't pulling the bow all the way back. Most of my kills in this game were quick and easy head shots from varying distances. The combat can be challenging given the nature of shooting one arrow at a time at enemies that move like crazy but accuracy was never an issue for me.

Its a very common issue people have talked about on Gamefaqs and youtube. Even upgraded, the bow isn't "as accurate" as it should be. Either way, I'm not here to over-explain cherry picked statements. I responded to you, because you seem reasonable to discuss with, but besides that, this isn't a deep dive to why Horizon should be seen as the GOAT in everyone's eyes.

Its bad enough you can't say you disliked something about TLOU without all the Gollum's on here defending their "precious". Its an opinion, lets move on.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:russ:

This isn't the bodybuilding/Neogaf/Shoryuken boards, I'm not having a pissing contest with people who want me to "show your plat trophy". Not happening fella. :comeon:
What's wrong with giving up that gamertag.

We all brothers here sir.

Let's see that tag bruh.

Let's not be like the casuals. We better then that

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
What's wrong with giving up that gamertag.

We all brothers here sir.

Let's see that tag bruh.

Let's not be like the casuals. We better then that

Nah I'm good, last time I did that on the gaf boards, all I got was invites from morons wanting the 1v1 in Ultimate Marvel due to my trophies alone. Then there's the whole "oh but you didn't do x" defense which means I apparently can't talk about said game or subject without having to have done x amount of that or this....

I don't care if some rando stranger gets butt hurt over my opinion, its the internet.