Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
draw them to the lake. they'll end up fighting the 2 giant aligators, then draw them to the other side to fight the 2 sawtooths (or i think ravangers) and i believe 2 more aligators. by the time they're done destroying the other robots, half of their life will be gone. btw you dont have to override the robots, corrupt machines attack everything, so just lead them over there and sit back and watch.
Yeah i just used the ravagers gun. shyt took like a minute. the times i ended up with the snapmaws, they attacked me.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Just beat the game on hard GG really did a great job :wow: I'm really glad I took my time with the main story line it's been a long time since I've been engrossed into a world and its lore. Still have a sizeable amount of side quests left. I can't wait until the DLC and the sequel.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
so true about the options.....

a dragon would be crazy as hell.....imagine taking one into a battle against a larger machine....that's the main grip i had with the last battle: i couldnt get a machine army to go against hades machine army....which was probably smart cause it wouldnt have been fair lol....cause if you noticed, machines you override tend to do great against other machines....

anyway, elephants...the next game should def have elephants....
Elephants would be dope. And other animals that are harmless which would be fun.....id love to just look at them and shyt lol

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
beat the game last night and oh my damn...this game is fukking amazing....the visuals, sounds, game play, and that story...*g money voice* 'the story...oh damn, the story'.....that shyt really picks up and doesnt let you go....i'll see yall in the other thread to go into details......oh yea, i loved running around talking to all your allies before the last battle...it made me feel good that i did all that shyt lol....

also, i see people complaining about the last fight, i disagree....i enjoyed the hell outta the last fight...it made sense when you figure in the story....will admit, i kinda cheated it though cause i had the ancient armor on (only wore it for the last battle just to try it out)....but hell, i was level 50 before i reached meridian, so it didnt really matter lol...

stats for my play through:

- beat it on hard
- took 120 hours
- when i beat the final mission, i was at 98.44 percent complete...got that cause i did everything else but the story....the only thing left for me was the story starting at meridian....before that, i'd done all side missions; collected all collectibles; beat all hunting grounds, cauldrons, bandit camps, corruption zones; climbed all the tallnecks and visited every spot on the map (by that i mean i could travel to any campsite on the map); beat all tutorials...
- to get to 100% i gotta find some more data points....there is 1 from the 3rd group, 2 from the last group, and a bunch of world ones...i found all the others...will do this eventually cause i want 100%...that's how much i enjoyed this game....
- got that plat as soon as i beat the last mission...

....yea, this game is fukking amazing...easily one of the best games of this gen...GG did a hell of a job and deserves all the praise they getting for this...if you into action, rpg, sci-fi, exploring, etc. and you own a ps4, i highly recommend this game.....just fukking amazing....

How do I check my stats?

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Today was some bullshyt

Alright so I start the Vanasha quest line (who is thirsty as hell my goodness, her diet just consist of box)

So my dumbass fast travels to the nearest campfire because I ain't feel like walking to the dude. So I get there, override a mount and start galloping all but two seconds until a fukkin Rockbreaker pops out of nowhere, knocks me off and destroys my mount. This is my first time seeing one so I'm like :damn:

Next thing you know his cousin creep up on me so now I'm trying to fight off two of these dudes. Mind you I only did one cauldron so overriding them was out the question... so I ran like hell.

Next thing you know, the damn quest was supposed to introduce me to said robots, but I took the wrong way there :snoop: so now I'm fighting another one .

But that final fight though in that storyline :damn:

edit- decided to knock out the quarry side quest:beli:

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Yo i didn't know the reason why they delayed the game was to redo the ending and change some features :ohhh:

From a mock review in December/January

- You were able to override the flying machines and ride them

- There's an Arena Mode DLC coming a couple of months from release

- The story twist is that this is the second cycle in this world. The main character, Aloy, discovers by visiting the Ancient Ruins of civilization at the end of the game that the 'humans' you see walking around, including you, are simply bio-machines from the first cycle that used biomatter to replicate, like humans reproduce. Humanity has been gone EVEN LONGER than we, the players, think at first. The corruption is never fully explained, it's just established that it's from an unknown source within the ruins, but there's a hint it might have more importance in a sequel. The ending has Aloy basically choose between wiping out the robots or the bio-machines, since the robots were initially programmed by the original humans to wipe out the living creatures the bio-machines that yearned to live like humans hundreds of thousands of years ago feed off.

Zero Dawn is the name of the software found in a huge building in the Ancient Ruins that can shut off the beings roaming the world or your own race

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Just finished the quest where you go to the
underground complex under the Shadow Carja palace and you find out what Zero Dawn is, followed by a behemoth kicking my ass

THIS STORY :damn:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Today was some bullshyt

Alright so I start the Vanasha quest line (who is thirsty as hell my goodness, her diet just consist of box)

So my dumbass fast travels to the nearest campfire because I ain't feel like walking to the dude. So I get there, override a mount and start galloping all but two seconds until a fukkin Rockbreaker pops out of nowhere, knocks me off and destroys my mount. This is my first time seeing one so I'm like :damn:

Next thing you know his cousin creep up on me so now I'm trying to fight off two of these dudes. Mind you I only did one cauldron so overriding them was out the question... so I ran like hell.

Next thing you know, the damn quest was supposed to introduce me to said robots, but I took the wrong way there :snoop: so now I'm fighting another one .

But that final fight though in that storyline :damn:

edit- decided to knock out the quarry side quest:beli:
attack them from the mountains, hide behind a boulder find a wedge and just sharp shoot them from afar, the boulder acts as a shield, I believe its the side you come down the mountain from basically just go down as soon as you see it start attacking from a distance. don't go down there and try to fight it lol.

a friend told me that some where in the story line (might be a side mission), they explain why its only boars, fox, turkey, rabbit, racc00n and rat, anyone get to that? what was the reasoning?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yo i didn't know the reason why they delayed the game was to redo the ending and change some features :ohhh:

From a mock review in December/January

- You were able to override the flying machines and ride them

- There's an Arena Mode DLC coming a couple of months from release

- The story twist is that this is the second cycle in this world. The main character, Aloy, discovers by visiting the Ancient Ruins of civilization at the end of the game that the 'humans' you see walking around, including you, are simply bio-machines from the first cycle that used biomatter to replicate, like humans reproduce. Humanity has been gone EVEN LONGER than we, the players, think at first. The corruption is never fully explained, it's just established that it's from an unknown source within the ruins, but there's a hint it might have more importance in a sequel. The ending has Aloy basically choose between wiping out the robots or the bio-machines, since the robots were initially programmed by the original humans to wipe out the living creatures the bio-machines that yearned to live like humans hundreds of thousands of years ago feed off.

Zero Dawn is the name of the software found in a huge building in the Ancient Ruins that can shut off the beings roaming the world or your own race

:wtf: I like the redone story better... This seems too mass effect 3 bullshyt...

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Just finished
the siege on the Nora homeland, where Aloy had to into mother's heart and get the information from Gaia... after she and the Nora took down a corrupted Thunderjaw

My god the story brehs, and this shyt ain't even over yet :picard:

attack them from the mountains, hide behind a boulder find a wedge and just sharp shoot them from afar, the boulder acts as a shield, I believe its the side you come down the mountain from basically just go down as soon as you see it start attacking from a distance. don't go down there and try to fight it lol.

a friend told me that some where in the story line (might be a side mission), they explain why its only boars, fox, turkey, rabbit, racc00n and rat, anyone get to that? what was the reasoning?

I figured that, I've been fighting all these big ass robots from a distance. I took down a Thunderjaw for that doctor dude using the same methods... shoot, duck and weave :russ:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do I check my stats?

use game progression to tell how much of the game you've done including how many main missions, side quests, bandit camps, corruption zones, etc....then you can use stats to tell what you've killed in the game.....

also, i used the map and trophies to tell what i've done....by that i mean, if you see a corruption zone on your map, it means you havent cleared it; if you see a bandit camp symbol, you havent cleared it; etc....and trophies come into it cause if i got a trophy for doing all of something, that means i could include that in game progression...

...although there is no trophy for them, that's how i know the 1-2% left i have to do is all datapoints....i've done everything else, and those are the only things i dont have completely collected...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
another tip that i'm sure people playing already know by now, so this is probably more for new players:

make sure you buy the special item maps as soon as you can...they will add metal flowers, banuk figures, & vantage points to your map....i did that as soon as i could, that's how i was able to collect all those so quickly while exploring the world ....

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
use game progression to tell how much of the game you've done including how many main missions, side quests, bandit camps, corruption zones, etc....then you can use stats to tell what you've killed in the game.....

also, i used the map and trophies to tell what i've done....by that i mean, if you see a corruption zone on your map, it means you havent cleared it; if you see a bandit camp symbol, you havent cleared it; etc....and trophies come into it cause if i got a trophy for doing all of something, that means i could include that in game progression...

...although there is no trophy for them, that's how i know the 1-2% left i have to do is all datapoints....i've done everything else, and those are the only things i dont have completely collected...

According to my trophies 70%