Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

shanks

All Star
Daps
Planning on picking up this game later tonight. Any valuable tips I should know before getting into the game?

ShoryukenHaduken

All Star
Daps
my nikkas thinking about copping this with mass effect and nier is this worth a cop havent gone through the thread as i dont want any spoilers

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
U can fast travel anywhere though :heh:

It's easy. To any campsite.

Explain No. 4 more......about the way point system..?

I mean you shouldn't have to discover a campsite or settlement to fast travel to it.
When traveling, there's no clear cut display on how the get where you want to go: Games like GTA and RDR flat out lay the path you should take, I have to keep checking the map for this game.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I mean you shouldn't have to discover a campsite or settlement to fast travel to it.
When traveling, there's no clear cut display on how the get where you want to go: Games like GTA and RDR flat out lay the path you should take, I have to keep checking the map for this game.
:gucci:What? You constantly have a triangle telling you where to go with how many feet you have left to get there displaying right under it.
As far as fast travel, every open world game in existence requires you to have been somewhere at least once before fast travelling to it.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up

Yes should, you never been there before. How are you going to fast travel to unknown location?

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
I hate being so damn busy, I need to get back to this game. I was about to fukk a bandit camp up when I seen what time it was and I had to be at work in the morning.

Missed damn near all of RAW too, like I'm gonna interrupt my Horizon time to see Big Drawls squash Bayley for the nth time @Zero :comeon:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just check point it and it will tell you the best route

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Yes should, you never been there before. How are you going to fast travel to unknown location?
Never seen that before in a game.

So from the start I should be able to fast travel to Meridian? :what:

A big part of the game is about traveling on foot, hunting and exploring the terrain. Unlimited travel would ruin that aspect of the game.

I think they made a perfect balance of time travel and foot travel in this game bc if you OD on time travel you're going to start coming up short on goods.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Never seen that before in a game.

So from the start I should be able to fast travel to Meridian? :what:

A big part of the game is about traveling on foot, hunting and exploring the terrain. Unlimited travel would ruin that aspect of the game.

I think they made a perfect balance of time travel and foot travel in this game bc if you OD on time travel you're going to start coming up short on goods.
And if you level up your skill you can just whistle for a horse wherever you are. There is nothing wrong with the travel in this game at all.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I hate being so damn busy, I need to get back to this game. I was about to fukk a bandit camp up when I seen what time it was and I had to be at work in the morning.

Missed damn near all of RAW too, like I'm gonna interrupt my Horizon time to see Big Drawls squash Bayley for the nth time @Zero :comeon:
I missed all of Raw last night and I'm about to miss all of Smackdown once these clothes finish and I do these dishes :russ: