Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yea, I generally avoid them... but run into other shyt instead. A Bellowback area appeared on my map and I don't even go near it.

Bruh I had the ultimate dumb ass moment in this game. So I'm going boar hunting for a side quest.

There's a Sawtooth in the area so I try to avoid confronting it directly, but I can hear its booming footsteps so I know if its close or not.

So I crouch in some grass to avoid detection, and I'm over here aiming my arrow at the boar.

I hear the heavy ass footsteps and I'm like... oh he must be near, but I ain't in its way. Then the footsteps stopped and I'm like... oh he must have disappeared.

I turn around this bytch was right behind me looking like :birdman:

:damn::damn::damn:

Talk to me when you start overriding behemoths :CoffeeDaigo:

Speaking of Bellowbacks and Behemoths. I went on a killing spree once I got the UltraWeave armor. :birdman: muhfukkas gave me a hard time but they ain't shyt now. Rockbreakers too :pacspit: :pacspit: :pacspit:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Speaking of Bellowbacks and Behemoths. I went on a killing spree once I got the UltraWeave armor. :birdman: muhfukkas gave me a hard time but they ain't shyt now. Rockbreakers too :pacspit: :pacspit: :pacspit:
None of the enemy types are a threat to me anymore. I leveled up too much for where I am in the story. That's just due to how great the game is overall though. I definitely see myself beating the story and going back to get 100% completion on this game later.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm not playing on normal though :dwillhuh:
You not playin on very hard so you playin

HORIZON: Zero Skill

243.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ok I couldn't run and hide from that second Deathbringer and it was hell. It completely destroyed the environment. My dumb ass forgot to switch to the sniper arrows most of the fight so it took me a long time to kill it with mostly fire arrows which seem to do crap damage.
i'm confused by your question but i'll take a shot at answering it:

are you talking about the order you have to do missions and them being highlighted? if so, you dont have to do them in any particular order, no matter if it's highlighted or not....when you highlight a mission/quest, it makes it your next/main one and shows you were you have to go to do it, but you dont have to do it...you can go do other missions/quests without them being highlighted...they get updated as you do stuff for them until they are completed...
I wasn't really trying to help that guy with his sister but I did the quest anyway now all I have is the quest line remaining related to Zero Dawn. I gotta climb a giraffe type thing or something like that.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Ok I couldn't run and hide from that second Deathbringer and it was hell. It completely destroyed the environment. My dumb ass forgot to switch to the sniper arrows most of the fight so it took me a long time to kill it with mostly fire arrows which seem to do crap damage.
Y'all trash :laff:

Fire arrows to set it on fire .. its weak to those. They help a lot.

Then use precision and tearblast arrows to disable it's guns etc.....and deal extra damage to weakpoints.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Y'all trash :laff:

Fire arrows to set it on fire .. its weak to those. They help a lot.

Then use precision and tearblast arrows to disable it's guns etc.....and deal extra damage to weakpoints.
I'm not gonna lie to you man I haven't used anything other than the original bow and the sniper bow up until this point in the game other than a tutorial where you first fought the Sawtooth. No traps and none of the other weapons just those two bows. I went out and bought all the other weapons I was missing so I'll test them tonight.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm not gonna lie to you man I haven't used anything other than the original bow and the sniper bow up until this point in the game other than a tutorial where you first fought the Sawtooth. No traps and none of the other weapons just those two bows. I went out and bought all the other weapons I was missing so I'll test them tonight.
Everybody is going to play differently. That's another great thing about this game. There's a ton of different ways to approach each situation. Do what works for you.
I have my weapons modded with tear and damage boosters and I can destroy pretty much any enemy type with relative ease.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Everybody is going to play differently. That's another great thing about this game. There's a ton of different ways to approach each situation. Do what works for you.
I have my weapons modded with tear and damage boosters and I can destroy pretty much any enemy type with relative ease.
It didn't work for me. I fought that thing for almost an hour. I was down to 60 health with no potions or medicine stash. the fire arrows got it to expose it's weakness but I kept attacking it with those same arrows when I should have been switching. I was gonna die so I figured I'd try the sniper bow and I barely killed it before it was gonna kill me. the entire room was destroyed so I had nothing to hide behind. I just spammed the roll to get away from the missiles.

maybe it also doesn't help that I'm using the armor the guy gave me for free at the beginning of the game.