Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
good god. spent 2-3 hours trynna beat this behemoth. finally worked out a plan that worked. basically kept hitting his leg til couldnt charge anymore.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm way too OP for where I am in the story. I took one down with 3 hits from my regular bow. I been doing nothing but side quests. I was level 31 or so when i did the makers end mission and had already finished all of the cauldrons.
I hid behind a structure right by it and popped out to shoot it then took cover. It never touched me.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
I'm way too OP for where I am in the story. I took one down with 3 hits from my regular bow. I been doing nothing but side quests. I was level 31 or so when i did the makers end mission and had already finished all of the cauldrons.
LMAO, wow I just beat the game, death bringer take me a good while to finish, I guess i need some better mods.
Anyway I really liked this game, the last third of the game really picked up the story which is great because a lot of games have trouble with the last act
I liked the combat, exploration and of course those beautiful graphics. Game reminded me a lot of RotTR and AC3 two games I really love.
My biggest gripes: aerial combat was tough, those SOB would circle right over head and aloy wouldn't look straight up smh, it felt VERY gamey (I don't know if this one is a legit criticism) kind of like how in RoTTR laura's language leveled up and crap, how they constantly put those indicators for herb etc, the constant follow the tracks side missions and of course aloy wanting to talk all the damn time!
Still a great game I'd give it 8.5/10

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
LMAO, wow I just beat the game, death bringer take me a good while to finish, I guess i need some better mods.
Anyway I really liked this game, the last third of the game really picked up the story which is great because a lot of games have trouble with the last act
I liked the combat, exploration and of course those beautiful graphics. Game reminded me a lot of RotTR and AC3 two games I really love.
My biggest gripes: aerial combat was tough, those SOB would circle right over head and aloy wouldn't look straight up smh, it felt VERY gamey (I don't know if this one is a legit criticism) kind of like how in RoTTR laura's language leveled up and crap, how they constantly put those indicators for herb etc, the constant follow the tracks side missions and of course aloy wanting to talk all the damn time!
Still a great game I'd give it 8.5/10
The game is nearly perfect to me.
I agree with your point about the aerial combat to an extent. The camera can be a bit of a problem sometimes, but given the way I fight those instances have been extremely rare.
I stay on the move, sliding and rolling to get the advantage and shoot the weak spots.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
good god. spent 2-3 hours trynna beat this behemoth. finally worked out a plan that worked. basically kept hitting his leg til couldnt charge anymore.
Upgrade your weapons. I was able to hit it a few times and knock it down. Once it's on the ground you can over ride it. You have to have completed the cauldron for it though.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Upgrade your weapons. I was able to hit it a few times and knock it down. Once it's on the ground you can over ride it. You have to have completed the cauldron for it though.

whats the best arrow, it seems like all my weapons get more garbage as i upgrade. i have some shytty bow that spams short distant arrows and will purposely avoid whats in my cross hairs. some super precise sharp shooter that goes right through enemies without registering. some weak ass war bow. shyt is all fukked up.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
whats the best arrow, it seems like all my weapons get more garbage as i upgrade. i have some shytty bow that spams short distant arrows and will purposely avoid whats in my cross hairs. some super precise sharp shooter that goes right through enemies without registering. some weak ass war bow. shyt is all fukked up.
The bow I use 95% of the time is my Shadow Hunter Bow. It shoots Hardpoint arrows, hunter arrows, and fire arrows. I don't use the hunter arrows at all though.
I have it equipped with 3 very rare (purple) mods. They each add over 20% damage and tear.
Every time I shoot an enemy it staggers them like I'm hitting them with a shotgun blast. Any weak part I hit falls off immediately and if I hit an exposed spot it usually knocks the enemy down (behemoths included).
I finished all of the cauldrons so when I'm not short on supplies I just knock the enemy down and override it.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
The bow I use 95% of the time is my Shadow Hunter Bow. It shoots Hardpoint arrows, hunter arrows, and fire arrows. I don't use the hunter arrows at all though.
I have it equipped with 3 very rare (purple) mods. They each add over 20% damage and tear.
Every time I shoot an enemy it staggers them like I'm hitting them with a shotgun blast. Any weak part I hit falls off immediately and if I hit an exposed spot it usually knocks the enemy down (behemoths included).
I finished all of the cauldrons so when I'm not short on supplies I just knock the enemy down and override it.
Imma try this tonight and even though I beat it already.
Gonna cop that bow and go hunting :mjgrin:
I might do a few more side missions for the fun of it.
Cant wait until everyone beats it so we can discuss it.

I just love the idea of this game --- robotic dinosaurs and animals and the primitive tribe aspect is just :ohlawd:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Imma try this tonight and even though I beat it already.
Gonna cop that bow and go hunting :mjgrin:
I might do a few more side missions for the fun of it.
Cant wait until everyone beats it so we can discuss it.

I just love the idea of this game --- robotic dinosaurs and animals and the primitive tribe aspect is just :ohlawd:
@MidniteJay made a spoiler thread already if you wanna discuss spoilers.