Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now that we know this game is coming to PS4 as well, I want to know how they managed to make the game look like this while cross gen because I know it can't look this good on PS4.

It seems like the PS5 version will graphically be next gen but design wise(I assume for parity) will be limited e.g. there won't be super fast flying mounts in game since the PS4 can't stream the assets fast enough.

Graphically the comparisons made a few months ago were crazy.
HZD
Aloy.jpg

HFW

PS4 Horizon
hkglukihgcjxe.gif

PS5 sequel
jO2Utm.gif

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Now that we know this game is coming to PS4 as well, I want to know how they managed to make the game look like this while cross gen because I know it can't look this good on PS4.

It seems like the PS5 version will graphically be next gen but design wise(I assume for parity) will be limited e.g. there won't be super fast flying mounts in game since the PS4 can't stream the assets fast enough.

Graphically the comparisons made a few months ago were crazy.
HZD
Aloy.jpg

HFW

PS4 Horizon
hkglukihgcjxe.gif

PS5 sequel
jO2Utm.gif
thats cgi breh

dont believe the hype

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Nah I believe it. Everyone and they mama thought the first TLOU2 Gameplay reveal was CGI but when you actually got to that part of the game, it was like

:ohhh:
Hoping for every game to have the fidelity of TLOU2 is like betting on the Bobcats :francis: that shyt is clearly the exception and not the norm.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I hope @42 Monks dapped this post ironically. :usure:
We've got gameplay for that game. None for HZD so far. I love HZD but I'm not blindly trusting shyt. Its one thing to downgrade from the trailers to release, its another to hide the fact a game is crossgen for free daps from the industry. If they said it was crossgen from the start I wouldn't even be tripping but now I gotta wonder what else they lying about.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
We've got gameplay for that game. None for HZD so far. I love HZD but I'm not blindly trusting shyt. Its one thing to downgrade from the trailers to release, its another to hide the fact a game is crossgen for free daps from the industry. If they said it was crossgen from the start I wouldn't even be tripping but now I gotta wonder what else they lying about.

What is so hard about having a version with HI-RES textures and native 4k, and one without it lmao, you can literally do this on PC with any game, you can strip away all the textures and have look like N64 if you want

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
What is so hard about having a version with HI-RES textures and native 4k, and one without it lmao, you can literally do this on PC with any game, you can strip away all the textures and have look like N64 if you want
I can do that and want gameplay footage at the same time
You dapped a post saying that he didn't believe the footage because the developers had removed the fukking in-game interface. :what:
i dap all kinds of shyt because scrolling on mobile is a headache. i'm sure you'll be okay :gucci: