Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
HFW listed as coming soon on the store front

unknown.png

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Game is decent.

Graphics are good, voice acting is good, the central plot is good. The overall production value and presentation are top notch

Game suffer from lousy melee combat, and human combat. It’s fun fighting the dinosaurs. It almost feels like the humans were just thrown in to add variety, you can’t block or parry their moves or anything.

The actual characters are kind of lame also. I honestly didn’t like any of them, aloy is typical strong female archetype, no flaws or nuanced personality traits at all. She’s a hero and thats her mission thats it. She doesn’t grow or change throughout the journey at all she just learns more stuff about the world.

Traversal is also kind of bland, you can ride a mount and you can auto climb a cliff if it has markers.

I’m hoping for part 2 they really expand upon all those things

This is what I said last year regarding the original Horizon Zero Dawn. So far it looks like they greatly improved upon the melee / human combat. Traversal looks like they are adding more mounts, the grappling hook, and glider, some amount of “free” climbing also, already a vast improvement over the barebones options before.

Still waiting to see if they can improve upon quest variety and character writing a bit more but they almost covered a lot of my fears from the first game being present in this game.