Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She’s what keeps the franchise from being a 10/10 tbh :francis:

Cool robot Dino’s, beautiful open world, fun traversal, good gameplay, woat protagonist and weak supporting cast. she has the personality of a damp napkin

Completely agree

That nikka from days gone is easily woat. All them characters on that game is :trash: .

Aloy is worse than deacon, and deacon was also terrible, and he was also the best character in his game among a completely forgettable cast who were even worse lol

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The hoe a clone what more do you want from a clone :mjcry:
To be fair, Elizabeth's personality felt waaay more natural than Aloy. Though I guess that's part of her story, as being a genius in a post apocalyptic stone age would probably make you either a boring/too serious mofo or just an insane person :bryan:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
To be fair, Elizabeth's personality felt waaay more natural than Aloy. Though I guess that's part of her story, as being a genius in a post apocalyptic stone age would probably make you either a boring/too serious mofo or just an insane person :bryan:
Y'all missing the most important part of the story... As a newborn baby she was forced to live with a man alone in the woods.. A man who'd already been living alone himself for years. Then, when she finally meets some kids, they shyt on her, hit her with rocks and run her off.. The next time she sees them, she has to beat their ass in a tournament after they talk shyt, then her village gets slaughtered and the only person she ever knew gets killed.

Her life has been 1 person for social interaction and then major fukking trauma.. You leaving that village and going out in the world for the first time in the game, is the same thing Aloy is doing. You don't know shyt and neither does she. You don't know anyone and neither does she.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it would be in Steam's Top Ten if it wasn't for the Spring Sale. I predict it will be in the top 5 after release
made it to the Top Ten today (#9), and the Spring Sale ends today. I think this, DD2, and Helldivers will be the top 3 soon (excluding F2P and Steam Deck)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Actual upgrades over the PlayStation 5 version are somewhat more conservative than, for example, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. Where there are boosts, it's mostly about increasing sample counts or the quality of the game's various effects. Take anisotropic filtering, which runs at 2x, 4x or 8x based on the surface on PS5. Of course, PC ramps up to 16x with much better texture quality the further you go into the distance. Level of detail and terrain quality are also improved, with more detailed brush and level geometry.

However, image quality is a different matter, thanks to better PC options in terms of effective resolution and anti-aliasing - especially when compared to PS5's performance mode, which uses both checkerboard rendering and a dynamic resolution to target 1800p. However, this solution is quite a downgrade against native 1800p and, in general, the console version is less clear and stable than the same resolution on PC. Indeed, native 1440p or 1440p DLSS resolves more detail than PS5's performance mode. With that in mind, users can tap into higher-quality upscaling in combination with the PC version's dynamic resolution system and achieve great results.

On top of image quality upgrades, there are also performance upgrades on PC. 120fps - whether achieved via brute force or via DLSS 3 - is another palpable improvement over the console experience. The question is whether your PC has the horsepower to do so, which brings us onto the topic of Nixxes' recommended settings. In general, I think they are fine - with one caveat. To achieve the targets set out in the spec sheet, dynamic resolution scaling is required for consistency.

Comp2_uwRIJU0.jpg

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wish we could import our saves. I would get it on PC but not now. Maybe later this year I’ll finish it on the pro.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Y'all missing the most important part of the story... As a newborn baby she was forced to live with a man alone in the woods.. A man who'd already been living alone himself for years. Then, when she finally meets some kids, they shyt on her, hit her with rocks and run her off.. The next time she sees them, she has to beat their ass in a tournament after they talk shyt, then her village gets slaughtered and the only person she ever knew gets killed.

Her life has been 1 person for social interaction and then major fukking trauma.. You leaving that village and going out in the world for the first time in the game, is the same thing Aloy is doing. You don't know shyt and neither does she. You don't know anyone and neither does she.
You are not wrong breh but I think there's a difference between the character making sense in the context of the story and the character working as a driving force (MC) of an open world game like this one. If Aloy was going to have the fukked up story she was going to have, then they needed a better way to make others react to her and her reactions towards everything surrounding her.

Burning Shores was the first time I felt they finally let her be a character worth following and not just a tool to figure out how the world ended -which was the big hook in terms of story in Zero Dawn, and without it, the story went to shyt in Forbidden West- or save the world from ending once again.

Like, I get why she is how she is, but the issue is that being in control of her and having to strike so many conversations as her is not as alluring as it could be. Kratos is a stoic, very basic character on the surface but Santa Monica figured out a way to make him more compelling/complex and most importantly the whole game surrounding him be as interesting and fun as possible. It doesn't feel like Guerrilla did the same with Aloy. In Forbidden West they did find a way to make side quests muuuch more interesting and varied, but your companions and Aloy continued to be the least interesting things about the whole Horizon experience.

Now, for my money, Guerrilla spent all their efforts in gameplay and that's more than enough for me because I LOVE playing Horizon games (and DLCs) and will continue to do so no matter how much they fumble the overall story and regardless as if they found a way to make Aloy a better MC or not.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You are not wrong breh but I think there's a difference between the character making sense in the context of the story and the character working as a driving force (MC) of an open world game like this one. If Aloy was going to have the fukked up story she was going to have, then they needed a better way to make others react to her and her reactions towards everything surrounding her.

Burning Shores was the first time I felt they finally let her be a character worth following and not just a tool to figure out how the world ended -which was the big hook in terms of story in Zero Dawn, and without it, the story went to shyt in Forbidden West- or save the world from ending once again.

Like, I get why she is how she is, but the issue is that being in control of her and having to strike so many conversations as her is not as alluring as it could be. Kratos is a stoic, very basic character on the surface but Santa Monica figured out a way to make him more compelling/complex and most importantly the whole game surrounding him be as interesting and fun as possible. It doesn't feel like Guerrilla did the same with Aloy. Forbidden West they did find a way to make side quests muuuch more interesting and varied, but your companions and Aloy continued to be the least interesting things about the whole Horizon experience.

Now, for my money, Guerrilla spent all their efforts in gameplay and that's more than enough for me because I LOVE playing Horizon games (and DLCs) and will continue to do so no matter how much they fumble the overall story and regardless as if they found a way to make Aloy a better MC or not.

Well said,

I think it may just be harder for devs to write and harder for the audience to relate to stoic female characters. New Kratos and people like Geralt have a strong supporting cast to play off also, where i feel like Horizon still hasn’t really found it yet.