Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
This franchise is the death of me :mjlol: I downloaded the DLC even though I told myself I had time because I still haven't finished Hogwarts Legacy but cave in anyway. Then I start playing to get the feel of the gameplay again and here I'm hunting Thunderjaws to get some parts to unluck the override. Didn't advance a single line of dialogue of Burning Shores just exploring and doing random shyt to unlock more weapon upgrades and overrides:dead: :dead:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I only played briefly yesterday and I did a side mission as soon as I got the the Quen village. The waterwings on that mission wrecked TF outta me the whole time. Took me too many tries to actually beat them. The camera angles alone was adding to the wreckage as it was getting stuck behind shrubbery far too many times during this battle.

While I appreciate the additions to melee, as their is quite a good amount of abilities with the spear and now being able to add elemental capsules is great, they still need to do quite a bit more with it the next go round. For one, their should be nearly as many melee weapon options as their are ranged. Hell, even if it was half as many, that'd be be a start.

Last edited:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I only played briefly yesterday and I did a side mission as soon as I got the the Quen village. The waterwings on that mission wrecked TF outta me the whole time. Took me too many tries to actually beat them. The camera angles alone was adding to the wreckage as it was getting stuck behind shrubbery far too many times during this battle.

While, I appreciate the additions to melee, as their is quite a good amount of abilities with the spear and now being able to add elemental capsules is great, they still need to do quite a bit more with it the next go round. For one, their should be nearly as many melee weapon options as their are ranged. Hell, even if it was half as many, that'd be be a start.

More melee weapons is definitely a logical step forward, but they really need to fix the melee combat in the next game. Its just way too floaty and clunky. Its almost entirely useless against machines too.

And yeah the full game could've used a lot of these new moves and mechanics that they added to this game via expansion.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
More melee weapons is definitely a logical step forward, but they really need to fix the melee combat in the next game. Its just way too floaty and clunky. Its almost entirely useless against machines too.

And yeah the full game could've used a lot of these new moves and mechanics that they added to this game via expansion.
the problem is Gayloy moves like mashed potatoes so its useless trying anything other than distanced attacks on machines.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
the problem is Gayloy moves like mashed potatoes so its useless trying anything other than distanced attacks on machines.
Yeah, that was another thing I was thinking she needs. Some sort of contraption to make her movement options better, like some short range, high speed sprint boots or something. Better overall defensive options than just diving and sliding too. I mean, I know there's the traps and projectile shield, but she should have an actual energy shield too to help mitigate projectile damage more immediately on deck and with smaller enemies melee attacks (it understandably should do next to shyt against like a Thunderjaw and the like).

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, that was another thing I was thinking she needs. Some sort of contraption to make her movement options better, like some short range, high speed sprint boots or something. Better overall defensive options than just diving and sliding too. I mean, I know there's the traps and projectile shield, but she should have an actual energy shield too to help mitigate projectile damage more immediately on deck and with smaller enemies melee attacks (it understandably should do next to shyt against like a Thunderjaw and the like).

The shieldwing should've gotten upgraded into an actual shield in the story. Idk why they kept it only as a parachute/glider.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The shieldwing should've gotten upgraded into an actual shield in the story. Idk why they kept it only as a parachute/glider.

Yeah, I always questioned that considering that it's very specifically used as that for all enemies. Just like how a lot of human enemies also had sword/baton like weapons, I wondered why Aloy could not get the same.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So I see on Twitter that Aloy pretty much confirmed as Alphabet Gang? :skip:

Ain't like we ain't know already, but :skip:

When my man Varl ain't neva get the drawz, I knew what was up.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Another thing this game definitely needs, like GOW does as well, is saveable weapon loadouts. Doesn't need to be a lot of saves, but just like 4-6 spaces so that you can have sets that best suit whatever sort of enemies, mission/hunts that you're going to and so you can change to them quickly. An on-the-fly access option here might be asking too much, but would also be cool if there. But even just in the menu alone would be a godsend.

Last edited: