Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I keep seeing people saying this game was/is being snubbed from all the awards

It’s not a snub, this game just doesn’t do anything remarkable apart from the graphics, it’s definitely the best looking game this year, but there literally isn’t anything else that this game does better than Elden Ring or Ragnarok

It doesn’t help when the protagonist is extremely boring and annoying

I still think its the best ‘open world’ game, gameplay wise we’ve had. people undersell that aspect of it a lot but theres nothign that really combines narrative and straight up gameplay like horizon.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still think its the best ‘open world’ game, gameplay wise we’ve had. people undersell that aspect of it a lot but theres nothign that really combines narrative and straight up gameplay like horizon.
I think Elden Ring beats it in terms of strictly open world combat, but I understand that’s very subjective

As for The narrative of FW, it was extremely boring to me :hubie:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think Elden Ring beats it in terms of strictly open world combat, but I understand that’s very subjective

As for The narrative of FW, it was extremely boring to me :hubie:
Story is buns, and Breath of the Wild has better gameplay than Forbidden West.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Its so crazy seeing all these negative takes lol. I honestly might have HFW over GOWR for my personal GOTY. The gameplay is just amazing.

GOWR obviously had a better story but HFW might beat it in everything else.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its so crazy seeing all these negative takes lol. I honestly might have HFW over GOWR for my personal GOTY. The gameplay is just amazing.

GOWR obviously had a better story but HFW might beat it in everything else.
Each to their own but I’m not putting Horizon gameplay over ragnarok in any way shape or form, same for the characters/voice acting

Gameplay is extremely fun with all 3 weapons until the very end of GOW, horizons was repetitive as hell

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Each to their own but I’m not putting Horizon gameplay over ragnarok in any way shape or form, same for the characters/voice acting

Gameplay is extremely fun with all 3 weapons until the very end of GOW, horizons was repetitive as hell

I enjoyed the exploration more in Horizon, and GoWR obviously has very good melee/character action combat, which horizon lacks but Horizon has a unique hook as a third person open world shooter. Theres really not many games like that, especially with the premise of shooting parts off robot dinosaurs that feels very satisfying to me.

Aloy as a character is dry as hell and the second half of the story fell off a cliff, but the general game play loop of horizon is still very much more fun to jump in and fool around in.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

GOWR definitely had better characters / story / etc, but its really just a really good brawler.

I'm not sure how HFW is repetitive when there's so much different shyt to do in that world and so many different ways you can do it.

I do think they did a bad job at rolling out the various weapons in the game, because they dont really tell you how to use some of them, and you gotta do the hunting ground challenges to really understand the mechanics of some of these weapons - and that was entirely optional content.

I enjoyed the exploration more in Horizon, and GoWR obviously has very good melee/character action combat, which horizon lacks but Horizon has a unique hook as a third person open world shooter. Theres really not many games like that, especially with the premise of shooting parts off robot dinosaurs that feels very satisfying to me.

Aloy as a character is dry as hell and the second half of the story fell off a cliff, but the general game play loop of horizon is still very much more fun to jump in and fool around in.

I feel like they tried to make the story / game all ages or some shyt, and thats why Aloy doesnt go through any mature or deeply emotional situations.

We only really see her breakdown once and then the whole dynamic with Rost and Beta.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
GOWR definitely had better characters / story / etc, but its really just a really good brawler.

I'm not sure how HFW is repetitive when there's so much different shyt to do in that world and so many different ways you can do it.

I do think they did a bad job at rolling out the various weapons in the game, because they dont really tell you how to use some of them, and you gotta do the hunting ground challenges to really understand the mechanics of some of these weapons - and that was entirely optional content.

I feel like they tried to make the story / game all ages or some shyt, and thats why Aloy doesnt go through any mature or deeply emotional situations.

We only really see her breakdown once and then the whole dynamic with Rost and Beta.

It has YA tier writing

I also think theres other obvious reasons why a lot of people on the internet won’t embrace it.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Braced Shot and the Propelled Spike be making the game too easy. I be bodying everything :mjlol:

Next mission is going to San Francisco. This game is amazing brehs.

I love the tribal aspect. I’m sad that seems to be going away :mjcry:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

This is crazy talk to me. I loved Ragnarok but that gameplay was repetitive as fukk, specially compared to the first game. It felt like a full continuation form GOW with the same enemies over and over again. Forbidden West had a ton of new enemies, weapons and once you open up the flying, it's whole different experience than the Zero Dawn.

Thinking Ragnarok is better is valid, I can totally see the arguments to put it above HFW. But gameplay repetitiveness is not one I'd put over Horizon, at all.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is crazy talk to me. I loved Ragnarok but that gameplay was repetitive as fukk, specially compared to the first game. It felt like a full continuation form GOW with the same enemies over and over again. Forbidden West had a ton of new enemies, weapons and once you open up the flying, it's whole different experience than the Zero Dawn.

Thinking Ragnarok is better is valid, I can totally see the arguments to put it above HFW. But gameplay repetitiveness is not one I'd put over Horizon, at all.
Completely disagree