Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think my issue comes down mainly to I just don’t really find this world that interesting, like interesting enough to play through, but it’s not drawing me in at all compared to all the other big story driven games of recent years….RDR2, LOU2, GOW, CP, TW3, UC4, Spider-Man
It's the lack of NPC and random events.. Feels like you just run/ride from point to point, doing the exact same thing each time. The missions are different. But you already know the entire distance to get to the mission, is going to be an empty world with nothing but random robots to fight. You're never just walking around and shyt pop off different. You can never get lost in this world like people do those other games

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's the lack of NPC and random events.. Feels like you just run/ride from point to point, doing the exact same thing each time. The missions are different. But you already know the entire distance to get to the mission, is going to be an empty world with nothing but random robots to fight. You're never just walking around and shyt pop off different. You can never get lost in this world like people do those other games
:dahell: In this game you run into enemy ambushes, hunters fighting machines and enemies getting mollywhooped by machines at random moments, you can choose to join in or get the fukk away from there :yeshrug:

It's not as "alive" with NPCs as other open world games, sure, but it's not dead at all. Machines reacting and ganging up on you if you fukk around has always been the "danger" of this franchise and Forbidden West improves a lot from Zero Dawn.

To be honest the biggest flaw this game has is that the plot took a hit compared to the first one.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:dahell: In this game you run into enemy ambushes, hunters fighting machines and enemies getting mollywhooped by machines at random moments, you can choose to join in or get the fukk away from there :yeshrug:

It's not as "alive" with NPCs as other open world games, sure, but it's not dead at all. Machines reacting and ganging up on you if you fukk around has always been the "danger" of this franchise and Forbidden West improves a lot from Zero Dawn.

To be honest the biggest flaw this game has is that the plot took a hit compared to the first one.
Breh that's like 2 things... And I said one of them already.

You have a HUGE map.. Dude named a rack of other OW games that have 5-10 different random situations you can run into at any time. Rockstar we already know it's about 20-50 a game.

This, in your words, has random robot enemies and random human enemies.. So basically... Random enemies.. Well every open world game has that also. That's not something special or to rave about. Where's the other stuff building this as a live world? So yes, this is still a top tier game. I love it. But as someone once explained to me.. If you find yourself fast traveling all over a game, it means there ain't shyt fun about getting to your destinations.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Anybody else find beating the Fireclaw bear without blowing up the blaze on it's chest impossible? I'm trying to unlock the override that requires you to kill it without blowing that thing up. I either blow it up or accidentally or keep getting killed because with it intact that thing is a straight up cheat code:stopitslime:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Anybody else find beating the Fireclaw bear without blowing up the blaze on it's chest impossible? I'm trying to unlock the override that requires you to kill it without blowing that thing up. I either blow it up or accidentally or keep getting killed because with it intact that thing is a straight up cheat code:stopitslime:
I've never been able to kill it w/o blowing up the chest

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

It hasn't been much of an issue for me. Tag his chest to make it glow and try not to hit it and whittle down his health without using explosive ammo. To be extra safe don't hit the glowing parts of his shoulder either.

I did it here with easy loot off and still got it.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Really Enjoying this game brehs, the side missions alone is enough to keep you occupied, i love wandering around and discovering new things and i just completed the mission that allows me to now be able to fly with that bird and call it. I bought this and Elden ring at the same time and have barely touched elden ring after the first trials too hard. One of the things i love about this game is that for players like me that love adventure and exploring you can put it to easy or explorer mode and enjoy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh that's like 2 things... And I said one of them already.

You have a HUGE map.. Dude named a rack of other OW games that have 5-10 different random situations you can run into at any time. Rockstar we already know it's about 20-50 a game.

This, in your words, has random robot enemies and random human enemies.. So basically... Random enemies.. Well every open world game has that also. That's not something special or to rave about. Where's the other stuff building this as a live world? So yes, this is still a top tier game. I love it. But as someone once explained to me.. If you find yourself fast traveling all over a game, it means there ain't shyt fun about getting to your destinations.

Why do people compare every open world game to the walking simulators Rockstar Makes

nobody talks about gameplay with those games, just NPCs with Rockstar games, fukk outta here with that shyt, people wanna play games like go sight seeing in a fake world

rockstar games have terrible gameplay, terrible combat, and forgettable story and characters, nothing open world about a rock star game, you go to point A to B all the story missions are scripted, in Red Dead if you don't do the mission exactly has it's scripted you get a failed screen and have to start it over stop overrating that garbage ass game

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I beat this back in march and it's easily one of the most addicting and beautifully rendered games I've ever played. I also live how well black people are so beautifully represented. I saw some straight up dime npcs.

My only take away is Aloy. It took a while to get adjusted to her bland, stoic, a$$hole personality. I kinda wish we could've customized her appearance in the vein of the ME trilogy but I get why they didn't go that route with the Sobek/DNA story line.

This game and Aloy was definitely carried by the performances of the side characters. I loved teaming up with the squad.

I gave this shyt an easy 9/10. That DLC will be flames too. I already know. Right now, I'm forcing myself through Cyberpunk while waiting for that shyt to drop.