Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
whats the key to this, is it just gettin OP pieces and running the competition off the board or is there something else to it? :patrice:
Drop game :feedme:
If u want dat extra cheese, get the fireclaw strike piece from the hunting grounds seller in rain song. You're going to need fireclaw parts to trade with for it as well. Fireclaw will body all opponents.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
If u want dat extra cheese, get the fireclaw strike piece from the hunting grounds seller in rain song. You're going to need fireclaw parts to trade with for it as well. Fireclaw will body all opponents.
Just like it does it everything else. They need to update the speed on him, though. Dude, slow ass shyt.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
whats the key to this, is it just gettin OP pieces and running the competition off the board or is there something else to it? :patrice:
Drop game :feedme:

-I never had an OP set, the game kinda doesn't let you have one due to the "10 points max" rule.The one thing I did for the master player was buying a couple of weak 1 point pieces that had decent health (5 or more) to use them as bait, I guess that made me have a ton of options for a the right set, but I only used for the last player.

-For intermediate and lower level players the Scrapper pieces are very useful, I had two (can't remember if I got both through beating players or if I bought one of them) and they carried me all the way.

-It became easier to find winning combinations/sets once you are able to get a Sunwing piece and a Skydiver piece. I got most of my Ws against Experienced and Expert level players including those two in a set (and I always used at least a Sunwing in every W I got). They can move around all over the board and can attack at will. They are useful to lure opponent's pieces as well.

-Terrain is important, you gotta try to get high ground quick. Not necessarily to attack, but to establish position and limit the moves the opponent can make. And if he/she dares to attack you when you are in high terrain, you make him pay by having another piece near you and doing a double (or triple, or cuadruple) attack with overdrive.

-Don't be scared to use the overdrive. Getting rid of big pieces is key against high level players so if you gotta sacrifice a couple to get that opponent piece to half or lower health (and set them up to die quickly), always do it.

-A lot of high skill players sets have 1 big piece that's very powerful for the current level you are at, and a lot of the time you get 6 or the whole 7 points you need by just killing that 1 piece. This is were the overdrive strategy works the best. I normally use a Bellowback and isolate it against the opponents best piece because it takes 1 point away from it if you are close and it's hard to kill so it will either take 2 or 3 turns for them to take it away from you or he/she will overdrive and leave his main piece at half it's life or less. Other times, when the board permits it, I use a lot of weak pieces to protect my big guns and distract the opponent. He/she might kill 5 of them but only get 5 or 6 points while I trap him/her and take the 1 piece that gives me the W.

-For the experts and the master players I found the Sunwing/Skydiver + Ravager and/or Clamberjaw (plus whatever else if needed) set to be the most successful. I basically sacrificed aerial and weak pieces to force the opponent to move in a certain direction and weaken him/her. If I had a Clamberjaw it was best to save it for last because that piece can move all over and getting two consecutive turns with it helps you stick and move until you get the pieces you want.

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
FNYKbUzXsAATbXM

FNYKgrNWYAYxUc9

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Finished it, the last mission was pretty short all things considered. It's pretty straight forward too. I thought it was going to be one of those things it makes you do like 3 main missions consecutively but this was just one big mission that's wasn't even that long. I was way OP too, even on Hard :mjlol: elemental damage plus the special attacks with the sharpshot bow made it pretty easy.

I gotta say, they kinda fumbled the ending story-wise. After all the shyt you do, it fell flat to me. It sets up the 3rd game but I kept waiting for the awesome writing the 1st game had and it never happened :francis: I somewhat agree with @Gizmo_Duck in the sense that side missions are more solid stories and better than the main plot. BUT, the run you have from getting POSEIDON to going for HEPHAESTUS and fighting the Tenakth Rebelion was pure CRACK. Things went sideways once it went back to the "main missions" at hand.

I think this needed a better epilogue too. You get the set up for the next game and then it ends with a lot of hanging threads. I hope the DLC deals with the aftermath of the final mission and isn't some outside quest like Frozen Wilds.

Overall though, I fukking LOVED this game. Gameplay wise it was even better than Zero Dawn, which is one of my all time favorite games, and they did an outstanding job in making side characters and missions engaging. If they felt like filler to traverse the map in ZD, this time around I ended up invested and actually wanting to help these people :wow:. I still have like 20 more side quests, Couldrons, Rebel Camps and Errands to do, still a lot of fun to be had and I'm more than 70 hours in:banderas:

BTW, Regalla had the best design and animations.
I kept her alive for the final mission and the conversations you have with here had me :whoo: at how her mouth moved and the expressions she made.

Regarding other stuff
Didn't give a fukk about not fighting Ted Faro. fukk that piece of shyt :pacspit: I liked hearing those crazy ass stories on his bunker but I honestly wasn't looking forward to fighting a mutant blob version of him. I would've like to find him all sad and begging Aloy/Elisabet to kill him and you pressing a button to give him the final blow. That would've been the best case scenario.

The Zeniths story was a cool premise that they couldn't develop well at all. Them living 1000 years made it hard to believe anything they did. It's just hard to fathom a 21st century human living a millennium doing anything resembling anything rational. Like I said before, I kept waiting for them to give us dope exposition and motives like in the 1st game but this time around, instead of trying to make a puzzle that ends up being completely different (and better) that you thought, this was pretty predictable and cliche, which was disappointing.

Nemesis getting to Earth and controlling HEPHASTUS to create more demonic machines is gonna be fun to play against but not a good story at all. As the game progressed I wondered were could they take the story to make a 3rd game possible and I couldn't come up with anything worth a damn. So when I saw the end result I was like "yeah, I guess :ld:"

I'll get the 3rd game Day 1 no doubt about it. But with FW I did it because I wanted to follow the story as much as the gameplay. This time around I'll do it solely for the gameplay -which is fukking godly and can't even imagine how they can continue to improve it-, I don't think they can "fix" the bleh path they took story-wise.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
How fukking hard must it be to find a fukking squirrel in this game?! Accordingly to the job, it's like it only exists in one little ass area at the beginning of the game and these bytches don't come out. How the fukk I'm posed to upgrade my abysmal ass potion pouch when the one creature needed to upgrade it rarely shows up in the one place in the game its featured in. And to top it off, the two times they should up earlier, I killed it and it still didn't provide me the right part of the animal needed for the pouch (squirrel hide). Yeah, I definitely don't enjoy some of the forced nerfs they threw in the sequel. Somehow, despite my pouch capacity saying it's like 3, and I have currently no other potions of any sort on hand, it only allows me to create 1 medicine potion before saying there's no room?!:dwillhuh:

The game gives you 1 location but animals you need are all over the map. I remember I had to get Owl feathers and it gave me 1 place to get it. I ended up missing my shot (motherfukker was behind a rock and then it flew away) and immediately the game gave me a new location.

Squirrels are a pain because they are so small but I've killed and found them in a lot of places. They are mainly in the east portion of the map of course, you ain't getting squirrels in the jungle, desert, snow or the beach :pachaha:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Finished it, the last mission was pretty short all things considered. It's pretty straight forward too. I thought it was going to be one of those things it makes you do like 3 main missions consecutively but this was just one big mission that's wasn't even that long. I was way OP too, even on Hard :mjlol: elemental damage plus the special attacks with the sharpshot bow made it pretty easy.

I gotta say, they kinda fumbled the ending story-wise. After all the shyt you do, it fell flat to me. It sets up the 3rd game but I kept waiting for the awesome writing the 1st game had and it never happened :francis: I somewhat agree with @Gizmo_Duck in the sense that side missions are more solid stories and better than the main plot. BUT, the run you have from getting POSEIDON to going for HEPHAESTUS and fighting the Tenakth Rebelion was pure CRACK. Things went sideways once it went back to the "main missions" at hand.

I think this needed a better epilogue too. You get the set up for the next game and then it ends with a lot of hanging threads. I hope the DLC deals with the aftermath of the final mission and isn't some outside quest like Frozen Wilds.

Overall though, I fukking LOVED this game. Gameplay wise it was even better than Zero Dawn, which is one of my all time favorite games, and they did an outstanding job in making side characters and missions engaging. If they felt like filler to traverse the map in ZD, this time around I ended up invested and actually wanting to help these people :wow:. I still have like 20 more side quests, Couldrons, Rebel Camps and Errands to do, still a lot of fun to be had and I'm more than 70 hours in:banderas:

BTW, Regalla had the best design and animations.
I kept her alive for the final mission and the conversations you have with here had me :whoo: at how her mouth moved and the expressions she made.

Regarding other stuff
Didn't give a fukk about not fighting Ted Faro. fukk that piece of shyt :pacspit: I liked hearing those crazy ass stories on his bunker but I honestly wasn't looking forward to fighting a mutant blob version of him. I would've like to find him all sad and begging Aloy/Elisabet to kill him and you pressing a button to give him the final blow. That would've been the best case scenario.

The Zeniths story was a cool premise that they couldn't develop well at all. Them living 1000 years made it hard to believe anything they did. It's just hard to fathom a 21st century human living a millennium doing anything resembling anything rational. Like I said before, I kept waiting for them to give us dope exposition and motives like in the 1st game but this time around, instead of trying to make a puzzle that ends up being completely different (and better) that you thought, this was pretty predictable and cliche, which was disappointing.

Nemesis getting to Earth and controlling HEPHASTUS to create more demonic machines is gonna be fun to play against but not a good story at all. As the game progressed I wondered were could they take the story to make a 3rd game possible and I couldn't come up with anything worth a damn. So when I saw the end result I was like "yeah, I guess :ld:"

I'll get the 3rd game Day 1 no doubt about it. But with FW I did it because I wanted to follow the story as much as the gameplay. This time around I'll do it solely for the gameplay -which is fukking godly and can't even imagine how they can continue to improve it-, I don't think they can "fix" the bleh path they took story-wise.

I didn’t really notice at first because she had face paint on and you dont really get a good look at her but when you talk to her in the bunker they used Angelas real face you can clearly see its her real likeness like Carrie Ann Moss’ character. Just thought that was cool

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The one thing that irks me about this game is the cutscenes are a lot more vibrant than the actual gameplay at times. This is especially noticeable in shadow areas.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I booted up Horizon 1 for a second to try and see if I wanted to play the Frozen Wilds DLC and that big ass machine that's in the first area literally LEAPED from damn near across the world at me while I was crouched! shyt literally made me jump like
jump-scare.gif

Cut it off and went right back to this. Graphics look way better on here even compared to Horizon 1 on PC. The world and density is just superior.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I need to know the best weapons. These weapons don’t seem as effective as the first game. Something changed.
I am in Plainsong.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Massive fukkin game I’m 30 plus hours in and still got a entire section of the map undiscovered :wow:

This is by far one of my favorite next gen games, I’m taking it real slow exploring everything this game isn’t meant to be rushed

edit: just read a few post in here because I’ve been avoiding this thread like the plague, some of y’all really think this is hard? I found normal way to easy so like the first I play on hard. Makes shooting off key parts for upgrade components essential
I agree. My issue is just how cumbersome the sheer volume of different weapons where every weapon has different ammo types and you are encountering a wide variety of enemies with different weaknesses and attack patterns. I don’t mind being methodical and not one-shotting everything. I just don’t like having to adjust my loadout so much. Other than that the game is crack.

Last edited: