HOMEOWNERS get in here an save $$$$. Ask a plumbing/hvac tech anything...

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
If it’s condensation on the ducts that’s a problem. Normally Ull need a dehumidifier installed. Those usually cost. U can also adjust the blower speed at your furnace (less costly by far).
It all depend on where u live (climate wise) but humidity is the common factor for that.
If there’s a bathroom above the leak however it may be plumbing related. Need to pinpoint WHEN the drip occurs. Is it when a toilets flushed? When the shower is running? Or when the ac is on and it’s super hot outside?
This one. We inherited this house. I don't think grandma was running the ac how we be running the ac. :usure: And thats the only time it happens.

Interesting about the humidifier bc we're re doing the bathrooms and i was looking at bathroom fans with humidifiers, or for something fancier. :ld:

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
This one. We inherited this house. I don't think grandma was running the ac how we be running the ac. :usure: And thats the only time it happens.

Interesting about the humidifier bc we're re doing the bathrooms and i was looking at bathroom fans with humidifiers, or for something fancier. :ld:
U need a DEhumidifier but lemme ask u, where do yall live? That can be u huge problem for people in the south (Louisiana esp).
Make sure ALL your return vents are unobstructed. Also make sure your filters are new.

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
I've learned a lot from you cats over the years. I looked up the other day and realized it's been 10 years I been riding with my coli Fam. I'm thinking :jbhmm: how can I give back.

Before any of y'all call a big company, let me help u:jawalrus:
It's better to know WHAT TO SAY and WHAT NOT TO SAY because I know for a fact we listen to what u don't know before giving u a $$$ quote.
Hell I might even be able to tell u how to fix whatever it is YOURSELF!

Furnace not producing heat? Fukk wit me
Air conditioner making a crazy noise? Fukk wit me
Low water pressure? FUKK WIT ME

:blessed:Let's keep the money in our pockets famo
:umad:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Got a master bedroom that seems to get no airflow from the AC. It's about 2500 sqft and every other room in the house including the hallways get tons of air. But it's burning up in this master bedroom and when you put your hand in front of the vent it is just a very small amount of air felt.

Any possible reasons? Need a more powerful AC unit?

Negus in Detroit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Got a master bedroom that seems to get no airflow from the AC. It's about 2500 sqft and every other room in the house including the hallways get tons of air. But it's burning up in this master bedroom and when you put your hand in front of the vent it is just a very small amount of air felt.

Is the bedroom the furthest room from the furnace? If so you might not be able to do much to get enough air. Close some of the supply vent around the house halfway that will force more air to the bedroom if you have a basement close one or two supply vents 100%

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Do u keep the doors closed? Usually if it’s only a room or two that don’t cool it’s bc the door is always closed therefore air won’t circulate.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Do u keep the doors closed? Usually if it’s only a room or two that don’t cool it’s bc the door is always closed therefore air won’t circulate.
I keep a lot of doors open most of the time but even with all doors closed it still hard to get air to that room.
Is the bedroom the furthest room from the furnace? If so you might not be able to do much to get enough air. Close some of the supply vent around the house halfway that will force more air to the bedroom if you have a basement close one or two supply vents 100%
It is the furthest room in the house. Would a newer more powerful AC unit help at all? I have a 13 year old AC unit right now outside.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I keep a lot of doors open most of the time but even with all doors closed it still hard to get air to that room.

It is the furthest room in the house. Would a newer more powerful AC unit help at all? I have a 13 year old AC unit right now outside.
I’d say try a larger blower before a whole new unit

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I’d say try a larger blower before a whole new unit
Appreciate it. Will look into it. I was of the mind state that I needed a whole new unit to fix the issue. If its something less expensive and out there I can do, it would help me greatly.

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
change your filters brehs :ufdup: Or I’m coming for your savings
Question!

Is it possible for a handy breh that has never done any plumbing beyond replacing PVC pipes with shut off valves or replacing a toilet to do the rough in plumbing for a new build himself if he had all the instructions and watched YouTube videos?

If so, could any professional plumber come sign off on his work?

Thanks in advance!

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Question!

Is it possible for a handy breh that has never done any plumbing beyond replacing PVC pipes with shut off valves or replacing a toilet to do the rough in plumbing for a new build himself if he had all the instructions and watched YouTube videos?

If so, could any professional plumber come sign off on his work?

Thanks in advance!
Absolutely not.