HOMEOWNERS get in here an save $$$$. Ask a plumbing/hvac tech anything...

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Question!

Is it possible for a handy breh that has never done any plumbing beyond replacing PVC pipes with shut off valves or replacing a toilet to do the rough in plumbing for a new build himself if he had all the instructions and watched YouTube videos?

If so, could any professional plumber come sign off on his work?

Thanks in advance!
Hell no.

Every State/Municipality has building/plumbing/electric codes that must be adhered to and no contractor in his right mind is gonna put his name on the work if he didn't do it, himself. If there's something that doesn't conform to the codes, HE would be legally and financially obligated to make it compliant.

You can't even file a building/construction permit without being a licensed contractor in most States.​

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
hard water? how to remove/clean it.. ?tried everything on YouTube

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
hard water? how to remove/clean it.. ?tried everything on YouTube
Get a Halo softening system installed. hard water is a real problem.
Stay away from systems that require salt change outs every 2 years 👎🏽

Robert California

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TB
How do I get my bathroom sink stopper unstuck?
It's stuck down and the handle behind the faucet doesn't feel like it's still connected to it.

I want to replace my 20 y/o water heater with a tankless one. Is that a good idea?

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
It's stuck down and the handle behind the faucet doesn't feel like it's still connected to it.

I want to replace my 20 y/o water heater with a tankless one. Is that a good idea?
Replace the whole assembly it’s easier than repairing. It’s called a “pop up drain assembly“. Hit Home Depot 🤮 they’re like $20 and get plumbers putty.

Each tankless application is different. As long as u have a power source and floor drain nearby it’s affordable. If not expect to pay around $3500 for the install.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Get a Halo softening system installed. hard water is a real problem.
Stay away from systems that require salt change outs every 2 years 👎🏽
What’s a good price for these + labor? I’m in the northeast not sure if prices are dramatically different

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
change your filters brehs :ufdup: Or I’m coming for your savings

Sign up for a filter delivery service and set it up to show up at your door on a fixed cycle so you don't even have to think about it. I do every 3 months.

Last edited:

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca

I love my tankless water heater. The only thing that might be a little bit of a chore is you have to wait for hot water to come out at first because of the water sitting in the pipes after the heater unit, but once it's going you don't run out. The installation as mentioned by OP is not to difficult unless you have to run a drain line or power but my house is a new build and came with the house.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Yes, but make sure it is properly sized and professionally installed with a warranty.

General Rule-of-Thumb: Replace ALL appliances > 20 yrs. old. The standards for energy efficiency changed.​

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
What’s a good price for these + labor? I’m in the northeast not sure if prices are dramatically different
Each is different u generally need 4x8’ of available space at your main shut off valve.
Usually around 1500-2500 labor
I love my tankless water heater. The only thing that might be a little bit of a chore is you have to wait for hot water to come out at first because of the water sitting in the pipes after the heater unit, but once it's going you don't run out. The installation as mentioned by OP is not to difficult unless you have to run a drain line or power but my house is a new build and came with the house.
Grundfos UP15

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Each is different u generally need 4x8’ of available space at your main shut off valve.
Usually around 1500-2500 labor

Grundfos UP15

Going to order one right now. Thanks for the heads up. At what point in the system do you recommend installing it?