Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
And another thing:

Now if u wanna act like we said Wiseman is the source of all our problems, continue to do so. Just know that it’s a straw man argument. I've already talked about ALL warriors players when players aren't playing well. I do it all the time. @Gil Scott-Heroin and I have been saying that Wiseman contributes NOTHING to this team, and the team has to bend over backwards to accommodate him to the point that the warriors change how they play on BOTH ends of the floor.

Agree or disagree: When Wiseman is on the court, Warriors basketball is not being played. When Wiseman is on the court, do we not play 100% drop coverage. Do we run 50 PnR's like a great value D'antoni?

Just so you know, Poole is a terrible defender, yes. Clearly. But you can hide a guard. What you CANNOT do is hide a center on defense. What's even MORE troubling is the Warriors are playing DROP COVERAGE with Wiseman. That means he drops on every single drive, so he can theoretically guard the paint. It's THE defense for centers in this league.

1. The warriors can't switch as well like they were doing last season, because Wiseman has slow feet and cant guard the perimeter
2. HE DOESNT DEFEND THE PAINT WELL AT ALL! When the Warriors had bogut, they could funnel the opposing player to him, and Bogut would help and clean the shyt up and rebound. WISEMAN CANT HELP DEFEND, AND HE CANT REBOUND
3. Drop Coverages for bigs who suck on defense, ruins the entire scheme. All the opposing team has to do is call for a screen -->Wiseman's man moves up to screen --> the opposing big screens the initial perimeter defender (BOOM, RIGHT HERE IS A BIG REASON WHY THE WARRIORS ARENT DEFENDING WELL) --> the opposing ballhandler gets his initial defender out the way bc of the screen, so now the ballhandler can drive --> wiseman cant defend the drive so the coverage is blown. Bigs who can ONLY do drop (and wiseman isnt even good at it) will get blown up by nearly every screening action. Not to mention he drops so far that he's out of position to rebound, which is pathetic that he can't play drop correctly

So what exactly is the hope here? I've seen people say he is supposed to play the Javale McGee role on the warriors. OK, but u do realize Javale only average 9 minutes per game for the Warriors, and was completely unplayable vs the 2018 Rockets, and barely played past the 1st round in 2018?

So we are doing all this so a guy can give us 9 mpg? Meanwhile we have 2 wings, one of which needs reps because he plays a position that is at a premium in the league. Clearly the smart money says we should spend more time on Kuminga and less on wiseman. Not to mention one is costing us 88million in luxury tax, which is money that could be used to extend draymond.
I’m not here to defend Wiseman, that debate is exhausting . My posts today are only about you using Wiseman as a scapegoat as to why Kuminga looks below average to start the season.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
The fact that you used the pistons game as an example of Kuminga and Wiseman playing together makes me not trust your evidence that they played together heavy minutes in all four of the other games. Wiseman and Kumingas minutes against the Pistons only overlapped each other for a couple of minutes. If my memory is correct, Wiseman and MOODY were the first subs at the center and forward positions.

My argument isn’t that they are NEVER on the court together at ANY point. I’m saying it’s not a hockey substitution of the exact same minutes. Kuminga gets plenty of opportunities when Wiseman is in the bench. There will eventually be games where Wiseman gets absolutely no minutes, the same way Kuminga was benched for like 2 games.
I gave you the games where they played together. If u wanna argue semantics, fine. FOUR of the seven games, and he barely played for 2 games. Which means 4 of the 5 games he played (80 percent of his games) he is glued to wiseman. Which is still 2x more than what you said "Like, the first 2 games".

the fact of the matter is, he has still spent the lion's share of his minutes playing with wiseman, which fukks up his numbers and mins. If steph can't manage to have a positive rating with Wiseman, kuminga damn sure can't

I’m not here to defend Wiseman, that debate is exhausting . My posts today are only about you using Wiseman as a scapegoat as to why Kuminga looks below average to start the season.
And i've already told you, when you play most of your minutes with Wiseman, and dont have the role u thrived in last year, and get your minutes cut, it will affect your play for the worse. same exact reason Wiggins and Poole struggled when Klay came back. Same exact reason terrence Mann has been underwhelming on the clippers compared to 2 seasons ago.

I'm saying sacrificing kuminga's development and minutes just so Wiseman can play the Javale role, is dumb. Wiseman isnt the sole reason the warriors are struggling, but he is the sole reason Kuminga isnt getting his minutes

Daps
Prior to the Detroit game -

Kuminga averaged 9.2 minutes and shared the court with Wiseman for 7.9 minutes per game. Basically, nearly 90% of the time Kuminga was on the floor, Wiseman was in the same lineup.

And in those minutes they play together, Kuminga is pushed to the background and they're prioritizing Wiseman on offense.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
I gave you the games where they played together. If u wanna argue semantics, fine. FOUR of the seven games, and he barely played for 2 games. Which means 4 of the 5 games he played (80 percent of his games) he is glued to wiseman. Which is still 2x more than what you said "Like, the first 2 games".

the fact of the matter is, he has still spent the lion's share of his minutes playing with wiseman, which fukks up his numbers and mins. If steph can't manage to have a positive rating with Wiseman, kuminga damn sure can't

And i've already told you, when you play most of your minutes with Wiseman, and dont have the role u thrived in last year, and get your minutes cut, it will affect your play for the worse. same exact reason Wiggins and Poole struggled when Klay came back. Same exact reason terrence Mann has been underwhelming on the clippers compared to 2 seasons ago.

I'm saying sacrificing kuminga's development and minutes just so Wiseman can play the Javale role, is dumb. Wiseman isnt the sole reason the warriors are struggling, but he is the sole reason Kuminga isnt getting his minutes

Prior to the Detroit game -

Kuminga averaged 9.2 minutes and shared the court with Wiseman for 7.9 minutes per game. Basically, nearly 90% of the time Kuminga was on the floor, Wiseman was in the same lineup.
And last game Kuminga got the opportunity to showcase his game without Wiseman and he looked underwhelming. We are going to keep talking in circles. Our talking points aren’t going to change until more games are played :manny:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
And last game Kuminga got the opportunity to showcase his game without Wiseman and he looked underwhelming. We are going to keep talking in circles. Our talking points aren’t going to change until more games are played :manny:
and he'll look better once we stop sacrificing his development for Wiseman :manny:

mans really said "well he aint come out and look like a star after not getting consistent minutes so i guess he aint got it like that :manny: "

Last edited:
Daps
A one-game sample size is hardly fair to judge him on, especially given the whole team was underwhelming. Was he supposed to just suddenly turn it on after being buried on the bench in the first game he got proper minutes, in a game where the Warriors performed poorly as a group?

We all saw what he was capable of last season when Wiseman wasn't in the way.

Daps
The last game where he got proper minutes in a stable role, back in October -

- look at how fluid the offense is with him on the floor (there's no need to abandon the system to get him the ball)
- look at how well he directs traffic on offense, finds the open man, and generates scoring opportunities for others (racking up seven assists)
- look at how well he cuts and dives when he recognizes a leak in the defense
- look at how demanding, aggressive and purposeful he is
- look at him crashing the offensive glass.

He's displaying everything that embodies Warriors basketball.

It's a shame that his development has been put on the backburner because the organization has something special with him.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Is he really that lost? Haven't watched the warriors much this year but he was get so much hype. It sounded like he was going to have a breakout year looking like Bennedict Mathurin.

Yeah. My wife even noticed. Said it made her uncomfortable seeing Kuminga not know what to do or where to be. I'm specifically talking about the last game where he played with the starters. I do understand the #BlameWiseman crowd's point.

It could simply be not getting enough playing time. So far he looks slightly worse this year than last. Again, in very limited playing time.

Last edited:

Robbo

All Star
Daps
The last game where he got proper minutes in a stable role, back in October -

- look at how fluid the offense is with him on the floor (there's no need to abandon the system to get him the ball)
- look at how well he directs traffic on offense, finds the open man, and generates scoring opportunities for others (racking up seven assists)
- look at how well he cuts and dives when he recognizes a leak in the defense
- look at how demanding, aggressive and purposeful he is
- look at him crashing the offensive glass.

He's displaying everything that embodies Warriors basketball.

It's a shame that his development has been put on the backburner because the organization has something special with him.

I think with JK the issue has always been that he has the potential to be a great defender but gets lazy on defense. I think the thing that we get lost in is comparing JK and Wiseman directly when their development plans are different. Wiseman is the only legitimate backup center .. so he is going to play. Jk has multiple people that can play the 3 or 4 , where he would slide in. So I think it's a matter of earning play by getting after it defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.