Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Suggesting Klay come off the bench in a Manu Ginobli or Tim Duncan role doesn’t mean I was calling it quits on him but you already know that. You’re being dense because i hurt your feelings. Let that pain go little fella, whatever I did to you I’m sorry. You’re gonna make every poster in this thread hate the both of us with all this arguing and begging for my attention. We derail this thread weekly.
u suggesting Klay come off the bench bc u think he's washed.

Manu didnt come off the bench bc he was washed. he came off the bench in his prime bc pop asked him. Not even the same situation. U juelzing hard, my boy :umad:

Just face it lol. U saw poole scoring, and wanted to be done with Klay. U had zero faith in the guy that has won this team numerous playoff games because he was having a tough stretch.

U saw all the data that showed the Warriors have the best starting 5 unit when klay starts, got homotional and was like "fukk the group that just won a chip" it's time to move on :snoop:

mans was willing to break up a championship lineup for nothing. A proven playoff lineup. Some of these "fans", man i swear :francis:

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
u suggesting Klay come off the bench bc u think he's washed.

Manu didnt come off the bench bc he was washed. he came off the bench in his prime bc pop asked him. Not even the same situation. U juelzing hard, my boy :umad:

Just face it lol. U saw poole scoring, and wanted to be done with Klay. U had zero faith in the guy that has won this team numerous playoff games because he was having a tough stretch.

U saw all the data that showed the Warriors have the best starting 5 unit when klay starts, got homotional and was like "fukk the group that just won a chip" it's time to move on :snoop:

mans was willing to break up a championship lineup for nothing. A proven playoff lineup. Some of these "fans", man i swear :francis:
Disgusting posting but I’ll let you run with the fake narrative. Most of the nikkas lurking know what you’re doing. I’m not entertaining this shyt anymore :heh:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Disgusting posting but I’ll let you run with the fake narrative. Most of the nikkas lurking know what you’re doing. I’m not entertaining this shyt anymore :heh:
you are dismissed, my boy
468.jpg

Last edited:

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
No time like the present to get Poole used to being the main guy because he will be sooner rather than later.

These are the games where you can afford to build his reps up in that role - they're meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but they're important for Poole to learn his craft with the ball in his hands, knowing how to create offense as the lead ball-handler. I mean, what's the point giving him that contract if he's never going to be reliant on having the responsibilities that go with it?

Donte, Draymond and Jerome are all limited in their own way when handling the ball (especially since two of them aren't going to be regularly playing with the starters), so it makes sense to put someone like Poole in a more dominant role, if only to look towards the future.

I thought they did a pretty good job tonight handling the ball-handling duties, by committee.

If Poole isn't going to learn how to make the right play and create offense as the main ball-handler in some regular season ass games, then what hopes does he truly have of ever leading this team once the days of Steph/Dray/Klay come to an end?

:manny:

Ok, I get letting him learn on the job.

So Poole's a point guard?

:lupe:

Last edited:
Daps
So Poole's a point guard?

:lupe:
Well, I don’t think it’s as simple as that on this team. I do think the organisation sees him as a lead guard, hence the $120m contract, so there should be the expectation he’s able to create offense.

If he’s not going to learn now, when will he?

If you’re admitting the likes of Donte and Jerome (who’re no more than stop-gaps) are better suited to having the ball in their hands down the stretch of these games, what hope do you have in Poole ever being a piece the Warriors can build around in the future? I mean it’s not like he’s a rookie and needs to be carefully managed; he should be able to handle everything that’s thrown at him by now.

I’m not saying you’re right/wrong for holding your position, but it seems pretty damn pointless for him to be extended and still treated as a background dancer.

I have my own doubts over him, but it doesn’t mean a cotdamn thing when the organization has already made their bed with him lying in it.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Does PBJ look like more like a veteran or a rookie out there?

iu

Never mind the "ice in the veins" 3-point shooting, and Iceman-like finger roll drive to the rack.

Did you see those plays he made in frontcourt DEFENSE last night?

Buddy blocked a few shots from the Atlanta bigs (one was a questionable foul call), who were low-key dominant otherwise. He also used his length to intercept an entry pass to Collins in the low post in the 4th.

Valuable plays that only Draymond, and sometimes Loon, makes.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Well, I don’t think it’s as simple as that on this team. I do think the organisation sees him as a lead guard, hence the $120m contract, so there should be the expectation he’s able to create offense.

If he’s not going to learn now, when will he?

If you’re admitting the likes of Donte and Jerome (who’re no more than stop-gaps) are better suited to having the ball in their hands down the stretch of these games, what hope do you have in Poole ever being a piece the Warriors can build around in the future? I mean it’s not like he’s a rookie and needs to be carefully managed; he should be able to handle everything that’s thrown at him by now.

I’m not saying you’re right/wrong for holding your position, but it seems pretty damn pointless for him to be extended and still treated as a background dancer.

I have my own doubts over him, but it doesn’t mean a cotdamn thing when the organization has already made their bed with him lying in it.

I gave you the "learn on the job" point.

I'm asking if the Dubs envision Jordan doing as much ball-handling in the future (mostly dribbling and shaking & baking) as he does now.

Personally, I think he'd be more effective off the ball, or giving it up and resetting to initiate the offense. He can have the ball in his hands, just a lot less. This is basically how Kerr plays him now when Jerome is in the game with him.

And that's also how Da Gawd plays "point". And he has a much better handle, shot, and decision-making. And he's no ones background dancer. I realize there's only one of one of Steph, but we can mimic (like Kobe did MJ).

Perhaps JP's point guarding will evolve to that.

Speaking of Donte...(next post)

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Anyone else think the finals will be Nets vs. Warriors? Nets or Bucks imo. Not sold on Boston beating a full strength Bucks team

Status
Not open for further replies.