Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
I wouldn't say he's the leader, but he's always been a fan of Kuminga. He said he's the one to develop, not Wiseman.
We’ve all been fans of Kuminga. I was hyping him up before the draft and on draft day while receiving no daps. Gil said two timelines don’t work and the timeline narrative isn’t just about Wiseman, it’s about all the young guys.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The tools and potential are there but i don’t know if Charlotte will ever be capable of getting it out of him

He would benefit a lot from hitting the weight room and developing some post moves in my opinion
That’s what I was thinking. Once he gets stronger and works on his in between game, he can be a lot better.

He’s also a natural pass first guard, but doesn’t have anyone to pass to so he’s forced into bad shots. If they can land another scorer it’ll open his game up.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Bro..watch the games.. he plays no D... he can't get by athletic defenders.. kuminga gave him fits. He takes deep 3's that are given to him.... he can pass.. can push the tempo off a rebound.. but again..not special. And again.. I never said I'm glad we have Wiseman, though I'm rooting for him as a Warrior fan. I just don't see Lamelo as the slam dunk pick that we missed out on...and the fact that you posted a quote that compared this situation to Portland passing on Jordan, shows exactly where you're knowledge level is.

I posted that quote because it was hilarious. Dell curry and Eric Collins were rubbing it in. i dont think it's a bowie/jordan level mistake, but it is an Ekpe Udoh/Paul George mistake

what he's doing is objectively special. being an all-star in year 2 and getting endorsements with shoe companies/commercials shows that he's made it to stardom. Only issue is he has terrible vets around him.

Again we drafted a player who plays no D, is routinely outplayed by athletic defenders and unathletic ones, cant hit the 3's that are given to him, cant pass or catch, can't push the ball in transition, can't really rebound. If those are Lamelo's problems to go with hit ability to shoot pass, read the game with a high BBIQ, i'd take it.

And again, you did say he's a bad shooter and doubled/tripled down on it even though the he's been statistically one of the best shooters in the league for the past 2 seasons (so he's been a top shooter in 2/3 seasons he's been in the NBA). Standing pat on objectively bad takes and using awful justifications like efg% shows how much u know :francis:

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
JK is Neo. 💊

He's starting to understand his power. 🙌🏽

jonathan-kuminga.jpeg

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Wiseman had a bad stretch where he was getting sonned and looking lost. But he settled down and played better.

Sloooowly but surely.

Just need him to focus on the little things. Footwork, positioning, defending without fouling, rebounding, finishing at the cup.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
JP is gold when he plays at 80% speed instead of the usual 105% speed.

Save max speed for occasional bursts and he's much more effective.

Good to see him realize the 3 ball wasn't falling, not settle, and take it to the hoop in the 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.