Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Why does Ty Jerome look more competent than Poole running the second unit? Poole gets way more non wiseman minutes with the starters and he’s still making the same mistakes.

The back and forth that you and Gil keep sucking me into ( :dame: ) is that It always has to be Wiseman’s fault and then I look like I’m defending wiseman because y’all lead me down a path of million replies :manny:
It’s not ALWAYS his fault. We all said Poole needs to be better. But he’s part of the “foundational 6” that we saw win a chip. The root of the issue is wiseman. Poole’s defense and taking on a brand new role he’s not used to is causing him to struggle. Ty Jerome has played spot minutes but he doesn’t have the responsibility that Poole has, so it’s weird to compare the 2

Daps

My brotha @Bay Area do you see now why we have to keep pointing this out?

That's nearly 80% of his games he's played in (keep in mind, this is playing in the best system in the league, which makes it even worse), and I'd imagine the other 20% of those games will be when he's in lineups where the other 3-4 players on the floor are completely dominating the opposition to counter whatever bad he's doing.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
It’s not ALWAYS his fault. We all said Poole needs to be better. But he’s part of the “foundational 6” that we saw win a chip. The root of the issue is wiseman. Poole’s defense and taking on a brand new role he’s not used to is causing him to struggle. Ty Jerome has played spot minutes but he doesn’t have the responsibility that Poole has, so it’s weird to compare the 2
Ty Jerome has played more minutes than Wiseman 4 games in a row. If that’s considered spot minutes then what are Wiseman’s minutes considered? You say his responsibilities aren’t comparable to Poole but the point is that Poole is failing his responsibilities, so is Jamychal Green etc..

Disclaimer: Once again Wiseman was not defended in this post.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
My brotha @Bay Area do you see now why we have to keep pointing this out?

That's nearly 80% of his games he's played in (keep in mind, this is playing in the best system in the league, which makes it even worse), and I'd imagine the other 20% of those games will be when he's in lineups where the other 3-4 players on the floor are completely dominating the opposition to counter whatever bad he's doing.
I’m not calling Wiseman a good player or even a NBA player, I just don’t think he’s the reason the Warriors are 3-6.

I’m sorry, nikkas can post all the laughing emojis they want but when Wiseman inevitably gets benched or sent to the g league there will be a new scapegoat. That’s all I’m saying :manny:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Ty Jerome has played more minutes than Wiseman 4 games in a row. If that’s considered spot minutes then what are Wiseman’s minutes considered? You say his responsibilities aren’t comparable to Poole but the point is that Poole is failing his responsibilities, so is Jamychal Green etc..

Disclaimer: Once again Wiseman was not defended in this post.
They both play spot minutes. And again, Ty Jerome doesn’t have nearly the responsibility. Difference between Poole and wiseman is, you can hide a guard on defense. You will NEVER hide a center on defense my guy.

He was ALWAYS this bad. And I already said ooole is fukking up. They paid him so he needs to play a lot better. Wiseman is worth 88 million in tax and hasn’t contributed to a damn thing. Not a lick of winning ball

Daps
I’m not calling Wiseman a good player or even a NBA player, I just don’t think he’s the reason the Warriors are 3-6.

I’m sorry, nikkas can post all the laughing emojis they want but when Wiseman inevitably gets benched or sent to the g league there will be a new scapegoat. That’s all I’m saying :manny:
I don't think there'll be a scapegoat as such, but then the focus can be on other players to be held accountable for whatever they're guilty of.

At the moment, Wiseman is the biggest culprit as to why they're in the situation they are, and given he's the highest drafted player on this squad, and has had higher expectations coming into this league than anyone on this squad, this is why him being the worst player and killing the team is at the center of all this discourse.

I hope this team can get to a place where someone like Poole is the scapegoat, because that'll be a first-world problem. Wiseman's got this squad looking like Somalia right now (no offense @Malcolmxxx_23).

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
forget wiseman. This team is just not fun to watch right now. They foul too damn much and have so many defensive lapses. I’m not even gonna watch tomorrows game.
This is what it comes down to. They’re unathletic, and can’t guard anybody. Has nothing to do with Wiseman playing a handful of minutes.

Daps
And fukk Steve Kerr for not playing Kuminga. Even if you hate him you might as well just play him and see what happens. You’re on a 4 game losing streak and probably going to be 5.
If Kerr's recent comments are anything to go by, it sounds like Kuminga will be back in the rotation.

They quickly found out they couldn't play Wiseman and Kuminga together, and then that forced their hand to decide between playing one or the other, and they prioritized Wiseman. Let's hope they've seen the light and Kuminga is the one that gets those minutes and role now.

Status
Not open for further replies.