Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
Wiseman played the least amount of minutes of any Warriors player tonight. I’m all for trading Wiseman if the opportunity presents itself but his 10 total minutes of playing time wasn’t the difference between winning and losing against the lottery bound Orlando Magic. There is a bigger issue going on that is being masked by the Wiseman civil war.

Wiseman impact

End score:

Warriors -129
Magic -130.

This isn't happening once every five games; this isn't happening every other game. This is happening every game this season. This happened every game during his rookie season. Even playing 10 minutes, you can see just how detrimental he is to the lineups on the floor, which is having an effect when he comes off too. It's killing the spirit of the team and how they operate.

Ask yourself why do we have to keep pointing this out every game when Wiseman's on the floor? It's not as if we're cherry-picking games; it's more or less every single game we're having this discussion about him.

He is the biggest issue.

That doesn't mean Klay can't be more consistent
That doesn't mean Wiggins can't be more consistent
That doesn't mean Poole can't be more consistent.
That doesn't mean the role players on the bench shouldn't be stepping up their respective games.

In fact, this is probably the best possible thing that could happen. If everyone was performing well, nobody would really notice how bad Wiseman is, and it would mean this difficult conversation that the organization would have to with themselves about him would only be put on the backburner. It's better to address this early in the season, because the longer this drags on the worst it'll be.

Daps
566aqgflfux91.jpg

RAPTOR is by no means a perfect stat (there's a lot noise), but it's telling how he's the worst ranked player in the league, and look at the difference between him (-12..8) and compare it to the players who're ranked around #230 (-5.5)

Look at the difference in margin. It means he's twice as bad as the worst-ranked players in the league.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
566aqgflfux91.jpg

RAPTOR is by no means a perfect stat (there's a lot noise), but it's telling how he's the worst ranked player in the league, and look at the difference between him (-12..8) and compare it to the players who're ranked around #230 (-5.5)

Look at the difference in margin. It means he's twice as bad as the worst-ranked players in the league.
I see Poole and Jamaychal Green on this list too. That’s what I mean when I say this team has bigger problems even though it gets interpreted as me caping for Wiseman. :francis:

But at this point I know you’re going to say their rating is only so bad because of Wiseman..

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Wiseman played the least amount of minutes of any Warriors player tonight. I’m all for trading Wiseman if the opportunity presents itself but his 10 total minutes of playing time wasn’t the difference between winning and losing against the lottery bound Orlando Magic. There is a bigger issue going on that is being masked by the Wiseman civil war.
Man, in all seriousness, I don’t think u realize how truly destructive wiseman is, even in limited mins. Fans from other teams are seeing it. :francis:

Daps
I see Poole and Jamaychal Green on this list too. That’s what I mean when I say this team has bigger problems even though it gets interpreted as me caping for Wiseman. :francis:

But at this point I know you’re going to say their rating is only so bad because of Wiseman..
I'll post these again from his rookie season to illustrate my point -

Daps
From 2012-2019, Curry has never been in a negative 2 man lineup (Min 500 MP).

Steph had a negative rating in the two-man lineup with Wiseman in 2020
Steph currently has a negative rating in the two-man lineup with Wiseman in 2022.

:hubie:

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Man, in all seriousness, I don’t think u realize how truly destructive wiseman is, even in limited mins. Fans from other teams are seeing it. :francis:
*Gets accused of defending Wiseman because I point out that the team plays bad even when Wiseman isn’t on the floor*

Disclaimer: Yes I know the starters have an amazing plus/minus I’m talking about the collective of the reserves.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
*Gets accused of defending Wiseman because I point out that the team plays bad even when Wiseman isn’t on the floor*

Disclaimer: Yes I know the starters have an amazing plus/minus I’m talking about the collective of the reserves.

I can see that. Poole hasn’t been able to cook nearly as well. He has to anchor their second unit. Yeah he sucks on defense, and he can’t run offense like he did last season because he has to run PnR with Wiseman. Cant play off ball at all and wiseman clogs the lane. He’s playing in an entirely new system :manny:

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
I can see that. Poole hasn’t been able to cook nearly as well. He has to anchor their second unit. Yeah he sucks on defense, and he can’t run offense like he did last season because he has to run PnR with Wiseman. Cant play off ball at all and wiseman clogs the lane. He’s playing in an entirely new system :manny:
Then why does Ty Jerome look more competent than Poole running the second unit? Poole gets way more non wiseman minutes with the starters and he’s still making the same mistakes.

The back and forth that you and Gil keep sucking me into ( :dame: ) is that It always has to be Wiseman’s fault and then I look like I’m defending wiseman because y’all lead me down a path of million replies :manny:

Status
Not open for further replies.