Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
He been dead, brotha.

It's killing the team.

Top-5 starting lineups in the league:

10101010101.png

Look at the gap between the Warriors and #2. And yet they have a 3-6 record to show for it.
Damn breh. Gotta let him shake the rust off first :gucci:

Things could always be worse. At least it didnt happen during the playoffs last year :wow:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
if its fukk wiseman...Kuminga and Poole should honestly be the 6th and 7th man.
i have no idea why Kuminga continues not to get minutes but i havent watched so cant speak too much on it :manny:

i trust yall judgment on Wiseman. I am willing to be patient but I am not married to him so if he really is as trash as yall say I would be fine trading him for somebody who wont be an experiment and can contribute immediately

If the Warriors were hovering around .500 then i wouldnt have an issue but they cant be losing games to Detroit and Orlando

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude played 9 minutes tonight. It's amazing how y'all think he is the main or root of the issue here. Golden St would be much better if a whole handful of player contributed more. List includes Looney, Wiggs(lately), Klay, Poole, Moody, JyMichael, Jerome(not an NBA player) and Wiseman. To think these losses and wins are based on someone that plays roughly 10 minutes a game is asinine. The only players showing up consistently thus far is Curry and Draymond. Collectively this is a bad basketball team right now and it ain't all because of Wiseman.
The issue for them is he’s giving them absolutely nothing. Other players have been inconsistent he’s been atrocious

Not only do they abandon their offense when he’s on the court they have to steady cover for him. You can get away with doing that for wings not your center

This team remaining contenders this year was heavily predicated on Wiseman taking that next step. I’m not even saying he’s the only reason but considering they expected him to play a huge part you can understand the fan’s frustration

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Y'all need to stop that.

It's not a lockerroom issue. It's a personnel one.

They've got the highest net-rating starting lineup in the league, it's the second-unit that keeps drowning them (largely centered around them coddling Wiseman).

Starters got cooked down the stretch too.

Your hate for Draymond knows no bounds :pachaha:

It may or may not be related to Draymond, but they're not 3-6 because nothing is going on. Poole has been trash to start the season. Did anything happen with him? :jbhmm:

Kuminga being completely out of the rotation is mind boggling. All that kid did last season was play with energy and bring it every time he stepped on the court. Young players want to be out there and prove themselves. When they don't get a chance, it's gonna have a negative effect on them.

They need to figure out what they're doing with those guys quick. If they aren't gonna be part of the rotation, ship them out now and get some vets Kerr trusts.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
The issue for them is he’s giving them absolutely nothing. Other players have been inconsistent he’s been atrocious

Not only do they abandon their offense when he’s on the court they have to steady cover for him. You can get away with doing that for wings not your center

This team remaining contenders this year was heavily predicated on Wiseman taking that next step. I’m not even saying he’s the only reason but considering they expected him to play a huge part you can understand the fan’s frustration

Who expected that out of him? Kid hadn't played competitive basketball in a year+ y'all set yourselves up putting those expectations on him this soon.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Dude played 9 minutes tonight. It's amazing how y'all think he is the main or root of the issue here. Golden St would be much better if a whole handful of player contributed more. List includes Looney, Wiggs(lately), Klay, Poole, Moody, JyMichael, Jerome(not an NBA player) and Wiseman. To think these losses and wins are based on someone that plays roughly 10 minutes a game is asinine. The only players showing up consistently thus far is Curry and Draymond. Collectively this is a bad basketball team right now and it ain't all because of Wiseman.
The big disappointment is Poole to me. He's supposed to be at least carrying the second unit offensively but he's been bad on offense and horrible on defense. The second unit can't stay in front of anybody and Wiseman doesn't know what position he should be in to help. Focusing on trying to get Wiseman and Poole going on the second unit is leaving the rest of the second unit standing around. Everyone on the second unit is either really young or new to the system so there is hope of them developing more chemistry and improving but they are being thrown to the fire and costing the Warriors games.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who expected that out of him? Kid hadn't played competitive basketball in a year+ y'all set yourselves up putting those expectations on him this soon.
The Warriors expected him to contribute. That’s noticeable with how they’ve been playing him early this season

It seems the last 3 games the staff has started to ease up realizing he may not be it

You can’t tell me you see a competent player when you watch him

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
The big disappointment is Poole to me. He's supposed to be at least carrying the second unit offensively but he's been bad on offense and horrible on defense. The second unit can't stay in front of anybody and Wiseman doesn't know what position he should be in to help. Focusing on trying to get Wiseman and Poole going on the second unit is leaving the rest of the second unit standing around. Everyone on the second unit is either really young or new to the system so there is hope of them developing more chemistry and improving but they are being thrown to the fire and costing the Warriors games.
JP will look much better if you replace wiseman with JK

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

That entire second unit has been garbage on defense and can't keep anyone out of the paint. I wonder what the numbers are when he plays with the starters.

Daps
10 minutes*.

Him being the main cause of their issues doesn't mean that other players don't need to be more consistent too. But we have a point of reference with players like Klay, where we know they're capable of being positive contributors, but the same can't be said for Wiseman.

This is the same thing that happened during his rookie season where he'd drown every single lineup he was in:

The exact same thing is occuring this season, where he's killing 99% of the lineups he's in. I couldn't fathom how that was possible during his rookie season, and we're witnessing it all over again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.