Hollywood Rock

James Dean

All Star
Daps
Had Hollywood Rock come back to feud with Punk after Cena:banderas:
Would have liked to see heel rock vs Punk and heel rock vs Cena. But no way would a heel Rock work with his veteran status. He could pull it off but wouldn't make sense. Crowd loves him. Cena being polarizing doesn't help either. So it probably could have worked with Punk.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Would have liked to see heel rock vs Punk and heel rock vs Cena. But no way would a heel Rock work with his veteran status. He could pull it off but wouldn't make sense. Crowd loves him. Cena being polarizing doesn't help either. So it probably could have worked with Punk.

A face CM Punk against Hollywood Rock would have been :russ: :noah:

Daps
Reppin
LDN
You'll never see Angle, Austin, or Jericho go off the script and IMPROVISE LIKE THIS. GUARANTEED.

This dude bumped a two year old thread because he's still angry about someone saying something slightly negative two weeks ago about the Rock :dead:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Shockingly overrated...

Corporate Rock > people's champ in 00 > tweener before corporate > ic champ Babyface > current, part time rock > nation rock > Hollywood rock > blue chipper.

full

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Hollywood Rock gave you SEVERAL classic segments and promos. Montreal promo, Hurricane segments, Rock concerts.

It's insulting to even suggest his failure of an IC champ babyface run possibly match up to that.

Current Rock is basically just re-hashing shyt from Rock's better years. It's played out for the most part, still entertaining compared to regular WWE TV but it's on no level comparable to what he did with the Hollywood gimmick.

I didn't mean to bold 2000 people's champ.. I was thinking his last babyface run in 02 when he lost the title to Brock.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Hollywood Rock gave you SEVERAL classic segments and promos. Montreal promo, Hurricane segments, Rock concerts.

It's insulting to even suggest his failure of an IC champ babyface run possibly match up to that.

Current Rock is basically just re-hashing shyt from Rock's better years. It's played out for the most part, still entertaining compared to regular WWE TV but it's on no level comparable to what he did with the Hollywood gimmick.

I didn't mean to bold 2000 people's champ.. I was thinking his last babyface run in 02 when he lost the title to Brock.
The concerts and shyt were simply not entertaining to me. His recoreded promos "from hollywood" were slow and not entertaining. I just didnt like the character and i was done with rock back then :yeshrug: a LOT of us were then.

Rocks IC title feud with HHH was fire. He was a dope champ and had a good bunch of matches and was on the rise. It was better.

And rock returning today is DEFINITELY more entertaining than hollywood rock. Him walking backstage just greeting people > rock concerts. His cena and punk promos were dope.

I just think this rendition of rock is incredibly overrated. Its funny how people talk about how shyt this era of raw was but act like he didnt have like 35 minutes an episode of tv time.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
My favourite version of Rock by far, you could tell he was totally comfortable in his role and status in the company, dude was just having fun out there :salute:

Plus the GOAT Titantron and theme, that extended organ intro :wow:
ITSSSS COOOOOOKINGGG

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The concerts and shyt were simply not entertaining to me. His recoreded promos "from hollywood" were slow and not entertaining. I just didnt like the character and i was done with rock back then :yeshrug: a LOT of us were then.

Rocks IC title feud with HHH was fire. He was a dope champ and had a good bunch of matches and was on the rise. It was better.

And rock returning today is DEFINITELY more entertaining than hollywood rock. Him walking backstage just greeting people > rock concerts. His cena and punk promos were dope.

I just think this rendition of rock is incredibly overrated. Its funny how people talk about how shyt this era of raw was but act like he didnt have like 35 minutes an episode of tv time.

That's why he had so much heat... the character played right into the stereotype most had of him at the time that he didn't care about wrestling anymore and had gone Hollywood.

The IC title run though :scusthov: Crowds were shytting on him left and right, he might have had a good match with HHH but the feuds he had were forgettable and so were the matches for the most part. I dunno how you could rank that over ANY period of his career.

Current rock isn't THE ROCK anymore, it's Dwayne Johnson trying to be The Rock. It's still entertaining, but it's not the same. The Hollywood run, he WAS THE ROCK, if that makes any sense. It didn't feel like an actor trying to go back and recreate the past. I mean to me if you don't find the Rock Concert funny with classic lines it's no point in arguing it back and forth, its just personal taste I guess, but I think 99% of wrestling fans look back at that shyt as a classic because it was.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
That's why he had so much heat... the character played right into the stereotype most had of him at the time that he didn't care about wrestling anymore and had gone Hollywood.

The IC title run though :scusthov: Crowds were shytting on him left and right, he might have had a good match with HHH but the feuds he had were forgettable and so were the matches for the most part. I dunno how you could rank that over ANY period of his career.

Current rock isn't THE ROCK anymore, it's Dwayne Johnson trying to be The Rock. It's still entertaining, but it's not the same. The Hollywood run, he WAS THE ROCK, if that makes any sense. It didn't feel like an actor trying to go back and recreate the past. I mean to me if you don't find the Rock Concert funny with classic lines it's no point in arguing it back and forth, its just personal taste I guess, but I think 99% of wrestling fans look back at that shyt as a classic because it was.
Youre combinng two different rock ic title reigns in 97. The first was terrible, in early 97. By the end of the year he was way better and had the feud with HHH. Thats what i am referring to.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I just copped a torrent from WWE RAWS and Smackdown from 2003 so I could truly sit and watch this dudes antics every week. I missed a bit of 2003.

Cot damn, Rock was killing it. And not even in the popular segments like the concerts or vs Hurricane. Little things like backstage segments were off the charts. These are things that get overlooked when talking about this run.

:wow:

Dem ghost writers :wow:

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Youre combinng two different rock ic title reigns in 97. The first was terrible, in early 97. By the end of the year he was way better and had the feud with HHH. Thats what i am referring to.

He was a heel in the late 97 one though wasn't he. Thats when it was Nation vs. DX. You said IC champ babyface