Hollywood Rock

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
remember when main eventers used to be on Raw and Smackdown every week, and not just to spike ratings.

watching these vids pissed me off, not because of the Rock but because it reminded me how much Austin hated his position at the time, but came back rearing to go at the idea of him feuding with Bischoff :beli:

Breh I just mentioned it, Coke Boy did so much fukk ups not buying those AOL contracts and immediately and stacking the roster from the jump in 2001 and yet STILL there was so much piff between 2001-2004. All they had to do was fit Austin in the right picture (Not having him job to Lesnar like Rock and Hogan did btw) and it would have been better than the attitude era :mjcry:

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
Face Rock wasn't corny. It's how he became a icon. He was more of a bully in late 99 and 2000 than he ever was as Corporate Rock. He murdered everyone on the mic and had the other companies trying to follow his lead...Booker T especially.

The 2000 promos are some of the best promos in wrestling history. There is no one that can do it or touch it. Didn't rely on whining, needing to back to rapping, or pandering to dying children to be the man.
The rock vs austin II wrestlemania run was straight cena shyt wtf are u talking about

Rock was rocking a hairline on the top of his head rambling about roody poos and smackdow hotrls as a face. It was cool as a kid but corny for the most part now just like cena

If rock never turned heel hes cena level...thats the only thing rock austin and jogan had that kept them fresh an allowed them to stay fresh near the 30 year old plus range was a solid heel run to add an arc to their characters. Everyone thats been. Major face in the wwe has been a heel/face/heel/face type of arc. Cena went from clear heel to face and has been a straight up face since like 04.

Face rock was doing girl voice jokes, crossing his eyes jokes, poon tang pie shyt...not bad the first few times but corny after awhile...of course u add his hollywood run to remind people his characters range and depth. Cena got stwle because they couldnt afford to turn him where as rock had hogan just after his prime, austin, taker, foley, triple h, goldberg, etc.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Austin not jobbing to Lesnar is not something to hold in high regard..it's kind of WCW type shyt. They just approached him the wrong way.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The rock vs austin II wrestlemania run was straight cena shyt wtf are u talking about

Rock was rocking a hairline on the top of his head rambling about roody poos and smackdow hotrls as a face. It was cool as a kid but corny for the most part now just like cena

If rock never turned heel hes cena level...thats the only thing rock austin and jogan had that kept them fresh an allowed them to stay fresh near the 30 year old plus range was a solid heel run to add an arc to their characters. Everyone thats been. Major face in the wwe has been a heel/face/heel/face type of arc. Cena went from clear heel to face and has been a straight up face since like 04.

Face rock was doing girl voice jokes, crossing his eyes jokes, poon tang pie shyt...not bad the first few times but corny after awhile...of course u add his hollywood run to remind people his characters range and depth. Cena got stwle because they couldnt afford to turn him where as rock had hogan just after his prime, austin, taker, foley, triple h, goldberg, etc.

First of all...there was no such thing as Cena shyt in 2001. He was a lost cause and company pushed loser over his entire main event run. He's a phony. He's a basically a overhyped failure.

Rock vs Austin II in 2001 was one of the greatest built main events ever. Only Andre vs Hogan and Macho vs Hogan is close to that. They were building to Rock vs Austin from the day Austin was back on television. The gimmick was to run a Cripple H interference feud where he claimed he was running shyt while Austin was out but Cripple H usually got bested by the Rock when it counted and became nearly irrelevant when he wasn't around Rock.

Lol@this kid talking about a hairline...yeah. That counts towards wrestling greatness. You're a clown. Get the fukk outta here with this girly, whiny shyt. You want kiss Dwayne Johnson? Worried about his hair and looks? Haha...

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
And the WWF wanted him to be Rocky Maivia..the reason he turned heel, in essence, why he's a multi millionaire today and pisses jiggaboos like you off so much is that he basically called his own shot. He turned heel and basically got bigger every year of his career. Lol@corny...he was so corny, Austin was getting booed against him leading to Survivor Series 99. Only reason that didn't get out of hand is because Austin left television after the neck surgery and he didn't have to face Rock in Anaheim at WM 2000.

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Cool thread - might swing back through to check the vids this evening.

Aw - who am I kidding?

"I'LL BE SURE TO COME BACK WHEN THE LAKERS BEAT THE KINGS IN MAY"
yekBoJP.png

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
And the WWF wanted him to be Rocky Maivia..the reason he turned heel, in essence, why he's a multi millionaire today and pisses jiggaboos like you off so much is that he basically called his own shot. He turned heel and basically got bigger every year of his career. Lol@corny...he was so corny, Austin was getting booed against him leading to Survivor Series 99. Only reason that didn't get out of hand is because Austij left television after the neck surgery and he didn't have to face Rock in Anaheim at WM 2000.
So roody poos and candy asses isnt corny?
So doing the peoples eyebrow every week didnt get corny?
So him crossing his eyes to make fun of big show didnt get corny?
U are a fool. I never said the build up was bad but this nikka rock trying to be a serious face is on par with cena. His character is only larger than life when hes screaming threats as a face or talking shyt as an arrogant heel. Dude was over on hogan face level yet nobody wants to admit how corny he got during his face runs

Fruity pebbles bruh?
Lady parts?

James Dean

All Star
Daps
Face Rock wasn't corny. It's how he became a icon. He was more of a bully in late 99 and 2000 than he ever was as Corporate Rock. He murdered everyone on the mic and had the other companies trying to follow his lead...Booker T especially.

The 2000 promos are some of the best promos in wrestling history. There is no one that can do it or touch it. Didn't rely on whining, needing to go back to rapping, or pandering to dying children to be the man.
Listen,

I love Rocky. Hes easily in my top all time dead or alive.

But, Sure as a face what he did was innovative but lot of the stuff he did and said was corny. And here's the catch, thats not a bad thing. Some folks think its a bad thing to be corny. Its really not. What he did worked, and fans LOVED him for it. They still do.

That aside, Rock has some great moments as a face. Personally, Im not knocking him for it. I was just saying that Rock as a face, is a goofy, corny guy. Yet smooth and cool, trash talked, and usually backs it up. Thats who he is as face. So when people got all mad that his last run wasn't "The Real Rock" I looked at nikkas sideways because anyone who followed Rock's career knows, he hasn't really changed.

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
Listen,

But, Sure as a face what he did was innovative but lot of the stuff he did and said was corny. And here's the catch, thats not a bad thing. Some folks think its a bad thing to be corny. Its really not. What he did worked, and fans LOVED him for it. They still do.

That aside, Rock has some great moments as a face. Personally, Im not knocking him for it. I was just saying that Rock as a face, is a goofy, corny guy. Yet smooth and cool, trash talked, and usually backs it up. Thats who he is as face. So when people got all mad that his last run wasn't "The Real Rock" I looked at nikkas sideways because anyone who followed Rock's career knows, he hasn't really changed.
This this this

nikkas act like most top faces didnt have cornt runs...i.e. sheriff austin with that goofy badge

Surfer sting....a lot of hogans ramblibgs...but because they were corby doesnt mean they were god awful bht ut also doesnt mean he didnt benefit from character changes. When hogan got stsle he went black and white...rock went hollywood...but nikkas conveniently ignore him basically doing a bunch of dikk jokes, voice impressions, etc. Corny face shyt like everyone else. But thats also what made the hollywood run so great cause he got to be a smart alleck, witty, arrogant sob that came off cool. Hes really a big samoan cornball with the swagger of a born again christian who dabbles in profanity and does hgh. Hes cool and corny like alqays but especially his last run nikkas wanted to act like he wasnt more corny then cool.

With that said...hollywood rock was rocks prime in terms of mic work and crowd work. Charismatic lightning rod and he helped make every segment entertaining

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
My favourite version of Rock by far, you could tell he was totally comfortable in his role and status in the company, dude was just having fun out there :salute:

Plus the GOAT Titantron and theme, that extended organ intro :wow:

that's one of the biggest take aways for me. he was 30 years old at this time, and I've said in other threads the Greats were in their prime from 30 on. Mosty from their mid 30s and on. I don't know if we ever truly got to see Rock at his absolute peak potential because he was gone during those years.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
to the OP's point. there were lots of little random shyt that would crack me. When he went to challenge Austin on Raw for a match at Wrestlemania and Bischoff comes out and Rock is mouthing to Austin "I'm gonna whoop your ass....WHOOP YOUR ASS" just the way he does it is hilarious

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Listen,

Dude...you don't know what you are talking about. You don't know what corny is. Say that stupid shyt online too much and thinks it has merit...no one was more innovative as a face on the mic than Rock...not Austin, Jericho, Cena, Eddie, Bret, Hogan, Jake, Flair, anyone. If you didn't like the content, that's you. Not everyone likes Dr Dre's The Chronic but it was untouchable. People hate on Doggy style but no album from the South has ever and will never be what it was in the mainstream. And no one murdered a coast more than Pac's All Eyes on Me. NY nyggas hate it till this very day and act like Beanie Siegel dropped some hard shyt compared to it:laugh:

Face Rock in 2000 blows away everyone. Rock was corny, you keep saying that but aren't telling me who these non corny alternatives who was so cold he was getting his name chanted in a rival organization on PPV?

You cats revise history when comes to Rock, Bret, Shawn, Austin...all the time. Lol. You weren't there for that stuff. You were just babies back then. Learn to crawl before you can walk.

Dudes around here are STILL ACTING like Cripple H was as over Stephanie in 2000:laugh: Get back to reality, "breh"