Hollywood Rock

James Dean

All Star
Daps
Dude...you don't know what you are talking about. You don't know what corny is. Say that stupid shyt online too much and thinks it has merit...no one was more innovative as a face on the mic than Rock...not Austin, Jericho, Cena, Eddie, Bret, Hogan, Jake, Flair, anyone. If you didn't like the content, that's you. Not everyone likes Dr Dre's The Chronic but it was untouchable. People hate on Doggy style but no album from the South has ever and will never be what it was in the mainstream. And no one murdered a coast more than Pac's All Eyes on Me. NY nyggas hate it till this very day and act like Beanie Siegel dropped some hard shyt compared to it:laugh:

Face Rock in 2000 blows away everyone. Rock was corny, you keep saying that but aren't telling me who these non corny alternatives who was so cold he was getting his name chanted in a rival organization on PPV?

You cats revise history when comes to Rock, Bret, Shawn, Austin...all the time. Lol. You weren't there for that stuff. You were just babies back then. Learn to crawl before you can walk.

Dudes around here are STILL ACTING like Cripple H was as over Stephanie in 2000:laugh: Get back to reality, "breh"

Dog.

No need to get defensive my nig. Im pretty sure I know what corny is

I just said I didn't even say it was a bad thing that Rock was a corny goofy dude. I even said what he did worked and agreed that he was innovative. Im not downing him at ALL. Im sure Rock has even gone on record saying that what he did was silly and goofy. But he and millions, no pun intended, enjoyed every minute of it.

But when he was goofing off, it was silly stuff. He said of the wall things and did off the wall things. BUT, That was the point. What made it work was his swagger, his delivery, and coolness. What was also great about Rock was that he could flip the switch and bring the intensity and seriousness or do all in one with seriousness and jokes. I def know what Im talking about. nikka, I just said he is in my top dead or alive.

You said I need to list non corny alternatives but here's the thing, There really isnt any. Faces all have some sort of that shyt to them. Once again, its not a bad thing at all, its just a simple observation of what went on.

I enjoyed alot of when he did that shyt, but I also know and remember when some of his stuff wasn't so hot. Hes not god, hes not perfect. But he's damn sure one of the ALL TIME greats.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Yo, the ni**a straight buried my home city T DOT, but I couldn't even help but laugh. When he threw the line "yay, he said Toronto, that's where we live, we live in Toronto, YAAAY!!! SHUT UP!!!" I was :deadmanny::deadrose::dead:

Rock my all time fave. I still rep his year late 1999/2000 character as my number 1 thou. That run brought me in as a full on fan of the WWE to begin with.:wow:

Switch

All Star
Daps
"Finally The Rock has come back to...run his mouth on all your candy asses"
:russ:

"The Jabroni eating,
pie eating,
trailblazing,
eyebrow raising,
Stronger than a bear,
faster than a buck,
the biggest thing to hit Canada,
because the Maple Leafs suck!!!"
:whoo:

Rock was untouchable at this point

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The hype was that in 2002 the internet fans legitimately believed Rock was garbage. They gave everyone credit. Eddie, Benoit, Cripple H, Michaels coming back, made Austin a martyr, got behind Lesnar, acted like they wanted Booker to succeed but still justified Cripple H burying him. Everyone was great but the Rock. The Rock was the worst. They acted like he wouldn't be who he was if not for Austin...on the net, that was when the ECW fanbase was going strong back then any and everywhere. They got behind mediocrity and garbage wrestling..they didn't know what the fukk they were talking about. Rock goes heel and pretty much makes a mockery out of pro wrestling, the ins and outs, what gets over and what doesn't, what is considered good and not, and definitely him mastering crowds with those kind of manipulations. It was beautiful. I knew it. I knew that he would somehow be on that Raw after No Way Out in Toronto...he had to. The fans acted like he was the worst, when in REALITY, he was the saving grace of pro wrestling and why Hogan had legs again after being missing for 2 years. So I knew he was gonna drop a masterpiece and he did just that and showed that wrestling fans are lemmings at heart.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Hollywood Rock had his moments. His great moments were off the charts great....but overall it ran a little stale.

I did enjoy the build up to him and Austin tho at WM 19