Hollywood Rock

James Dean

All Star
Daps
Hollywood Rock had his moments. His great moments were off the charts great....but overall it ran a little stale.

I did enjoy the build up to him and Austin tho at WM 19
It was only a three month run though. Too short to get stale.

I'd argue it didn't really live up to its full potential because of this.

There was a lot more they could have done. At the same time, the crowds were slowly getting back on his side. So i guess it was for the best.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Never saw this and when did they start to boo the rock? :ohhh:

The match with Brock took place in NY, smark city. They knew Rock was leaving after this match so they pretty much booed him out the building the entire match.

James Dean

All Star
Daps

I can't believe it's actually on YT finally, but the Rock's official heel turn after he lost to Brock.

Daps.

Think this was on Rocks DVD from 2012. Still rare though. Took about 10 years for this footage to drop.

Its dope seeing the early stages of Hollywood Rock. The RAW 10th Anniversary is another one where Rock was having his early stages.

mcellas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Daps.

Think this was on Rocks DVD from 2012. Still rare though. Took about 10 years for this footage to drop.

Its dope seeing the early stages of Hollywood Rock. The RAW 10th Anniversary is another one where Rock was having his early stages.

:gladbron: The Rock should have come back and sonned MSG like he did Toronto and Sacramento. If he did drop that link

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude...you don't know what you are talking about. You don't know what corny is. Say that stupid shyt online too much and thinks it has merit...no one was more innovative as a face on the mic than Rock...not Austin, Jericho, Cena, Eddie, Bret, Hogan, Jake, Flair, anyone. If you didn't like the content, that's you. Not everyone likes Dr Dre's The Chronic but it was untouchable. People hate on Doggy style but no album from the South has ever and will never be what it was in the mainstream. And no one murdered a coast more than Pac's All Eyes on Me. NY nyggas hate it till this very day and act like Beanie Siegel dropped some hard shyt compared to it:laugh:

Face Rock in 2000 blows away everyone. Rock was corny, you keep saying that but aren't telling me who these non corny alternatives who was so cold he was getting his name chanted in a rival organization on PPV?

You cats revise history when comes to Rock, Bret, Shawn, Austin...all the time. Lol. You weren't there for that stuff. You were just babies back then. Learn to crawl before you can walk.

Dudes around here are STILL ACTING like Cripple H was as over Stephanie in 2000:laugh: Get back to reality, "breh"
Wtf are you rambling about !!?!!! Rocks face act got stale that's why he got turned vs hogan . Same with Austin , jericho , nwo , old red and yellow hogan , cm punk, Brett , etc were in the same boat

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Wtf are you rambling about !!?!!! Rocks face act got stale that's why he got turned vs hogan . Same with Austin , jericho , nwo , old red and yellow hogan , cm punk, Brett , etc were in the same boat

True but the GOATs are the ones who know when the switch up before the act gets too stale, Rock did a good job of that and even Punk to a certain extent

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True but the GOATs are the ones who know when the switch up before the act gets too stale, Rock did a good job of that and even Punk to a certain extent
Your right , I didn't feel like writing out all that because me and r=g had this same argument recently . That's why people switched up like Austin punk the Rock to stay fresh . He acts like it's impossible for the rock to get any criticism though . Rock like jericho edge /Christian , Dx had A lot of those juvenile put downs and shtick which are a lot of times funny but also can be very cringeworthy especially the older they get . His last run he had some stinkers in jokes , telling punk to turn around naked in the mirror but the Rock can turn right around and drop something hilarious cause he's one of the GOATs

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
yeah i didnt watch from like 99-2009. i wish the Network put it all all on there in order(weeklies/ppv) but they are asses about it
hDzNqdy.png

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
i got big into music around that time. wrestling was corny to me at that point...shame i watch currently though and missed all of that time
I know how you feel...I guess you're older than me...wrestling got lame as I started getting into Anime,music,and girls...7th grade...I fell back somewhat when they left USA for TNN...by 2004 I rarely fukked with it. From 2004 until Wrestlemania 25 I probably watched a total of like 2 hours of Wrestling.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
I know how you feel...I guess you're older than me...wrestling got lame as I started getting into Anime,music,and girls...7th grade...I fell back somewhat when they left USA for TNN...by 2004 I rarely fukked with it. From 2004 until Wrestlemania 25 I probably watched a total of like 2 hours of Wrestling.
Mania 25 is where i got back on. that first Taker vs HBK match made me a fan again. Ive still missed some time since then.. I missed the whole CM Punk comeback...Kevin Nashs return lol