Hollywood Reporter's Top 50 Comic Book Movie Performances

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I didn't read the article yet but Christopher Reeves is #1. In fact, every on-screen persona of Superman is an impersonation of Reeves.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah i like the movie too but I've watched it recently. shyt i got the steelbook. it's just a really really weird performance. Like he's a rapist, and this sympathetic figure, and a murderer and a child murderer lol. There's some interesting stuff there potentially but Danny, taking the advice of his man Jack, just hammed it up for a lot of it. Michelle clearly has the best performance in that movie to me. Danny and Tommy Lee Jones and Arnold all just looked at what Jack did in 89 and said "Okay, I'll do my version of that"
I wouldn't go as far to compare Devito's performance to Jones and Schwarzenegger ham and cheesing it. Lunatic fringe Oswald Copplepot fit in the world Tim Burton constructed for his two Batman films. I didn't see him, then or now, as going to far left into hamville, but just enough to fit the tone of the film and still give a memorable performance. Watchin Batman Returns is the only time I ever found the character interesting and tragic

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I wouldn't go as far to compare Devito's performance to Jones and Schwarzenegger ham and cheesing it. Lunatic fringe Oswald Copplepot fit in the world Tim Burton constructed for his two Batman films. I didn't see him, then or now, as going to far left into hamville, but just enough to fit the tone of the film and still give a memorable performance. Watchin Batman Returns is the only time I ever found the character interesting and tragic

Touche. He matched the tone of the world around him but i just never thought it was a great performance. As a kid it was cool but i was always more interested in the batman catwoman stuff. and the parts when batman was blowing people up lol

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Touche. He matched the tone of the world around him but i just never thought it was a great performance. As a kid it was cool but i was always more interested in the batman catwoman stuff. and the parts when batman was blowing people up lol
:wow: And they thought Ben Affleck's Batman was catching bodies

Michelle Pfeiffer did do her thing as Catwoman, better than what's her name

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:wow: And they thought Ben Affleck's Batman was catching bodies

Michelle Pfeiffer did do her thing as Catwoman, better than what's her name

Yeah obviously Anne's Selina is closer to the comics but Michelle had the better performance and better character. She did a lot with that role. Even put a real bird in her mouth:picard:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't put him in my top 50 so I don't have much argument against it for real. That doesn't mean he didn't do great work tho either.
full