Hollywood Reporter's Top 50 Comic Book Movie Performances

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No Aaron Eckhart!?:what:

When I first saw The Dark Knight, the performance that blew me away was Aaron's Harvey Dent/Two-Face. If Ledger hadn't died I think Eckhart would've gotten more props. Seeing him not even listed in the Top 50 is truly baffling, imo. Easily top 10

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
hqdefault.jpg
Not even on the list :stopitslime:

:troll:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
OK, I might be a little biased because I'm a Captain America fangirl, but I do think Chris Evans should at least be in the top ten because he pretty much gave life to a character that people didn't find interesting and made it a household name.

But oh hell no, where the fukk is Sebastian Stan a.k.a. Bucky fukking Barnes, a.k.a The Winter Soldier?:martin:
A character so popular that Marvel changed comic canon to make a sequel centered around him.

Where's Danny Devito as Penguin? :patrice:

Where's William Dafoe as the Green Goblin?:comeon:

And I don't care how much people hate the Daredevil movie, Colin Farrell was a A+ stand out as Bullseye. :hubie:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
OK, I might be a little biased because I'm a Captain America fangirl, but I do think Chris Evans should at least be in the top ten because he pretty much gave life to a character that people didn't find interesting and made it a household name.

But oh hell no, where the fukk is Sebastian Stan a.k.a. Bucky fukking Barnes, a.k.a The Winter Soldier?:martin:
A character so popular that Marvel changed comic canon to make a sequel centered around him.

And I don't care how much people hate the Daredevil movie, Colin Farrell was a A+ stand out as Bullseye. :hubie:

Yeah, I love Bucky to (pause), he's so sinister yet sympathetic at the same damn time. Hard trick to pull off.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Not a fan of Dafoe or Devito's performances. Especially Devitto. He didn't elevate the character nor add anything to it and was basically just doing what Nicholson did just not as good

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Not a fan of Dafoe or Devito's performances. Especially Devitto. He didn't elevate the character nor add anything to it and was basically just doing what Nicholson did just not as good

That's an interesting view of the performance. Some of this may be related to attachment to particular movies. I adore Batman Returns and it has a special place in my movie catalogue perhaps because it came out when I was a teenager. I think Danny DeVito made a repulsive character sympathetic and tragic. But that may be a nostalgia talking. I haven't seen it in years. Might have to put it on this weekend to see if I'm being sentimental.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's an interesting view of the performance. Some of this may be related to attachment to particular movies. I adore Batman Returns and it has a special place in my movie catalogue perhaps because it came out when I was a teenager. I think Danny DeVito made a repulsive character sympathetic and tragic. But that may be a nostalgia talking. I haven't seen it in years. Might have to put it on this weekend to see if I'm being sentimental.

Yeah i like the movie too but I've watched it recently. shyt i got the steelbook. it's just a really really weird performance. Like he's a rapist, and this sympathetic figure, and a murderer and a child murderer lol. There's some interesting stuff there potentially but Danny, taking the advice of his man Jack, just hammed it up for a lot of it. Michelle clearly has the best performance in that movie to me. Danny and Tommy Lee Jones and Arnold all just looked at what Jack did in 89 and said "Okay, I'll do my version of that"

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't care if he hasn't gotten a full movie yet, I think Holland is a better Spidey than Tobey & Garfield :manny: