Hollywood is Making a Live-Action ‘One Piece’ TV Show

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Whatever you wanna say about Netflix they got some real anime heads over there. If this and YuYu Hakusho are good it opens up alot of opportunities.

Then I remember Cowboy Bebop and Death Note :francis:
Looks they gave way more love to One Piece than they did Cowboy Bebop, I think you might be right about Netflix having an otaku calling shots because Death Note is getting a live-action redo as a TV series and this time by the Stranger Things creators.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

The trailer for Netflix’s live-action ‘ONE PIECE’ series dubbed by the original voice actors from the Japanese anime.

The series releases on August 31 on Netflix.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Whatever you wanna say about Netflix they got some real anime heads over there. If this and YuYu Hakusho are good it opens up alot of opportunities.

I mean Pluto getting a live action adaptation is wild.

Then I remember Cowboy Bebop and Death Note :francis:

That ain’t why they doing it bruh. Thanks to all the streaming services Netflix lost a fukk ton of content and anime adaptation is the stop gap to deal with the bleeding. It’s cheap to get the rights and to produce, which lets them build up a backlog. They don’t have, Marvel, DC, Viacom classics, so anime became the sub. If they were really otakus they’ve would’ve pumped the brakes on those treatments for Death Note & Bebop before going into production, watanabe is even on record saying they weren’t listening to his feedback.

Why one piece is so potentially different is because Oda said, “nah luffy ain’t going out like spike speigel.”

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
I've been saying that this isn't going to be trash like the other anime live action tv shows. They are legitimately giving One Piece their all. They are not going to play Oda of all people :yeshrug:
I'm not even a OP stan either

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
F412OkkXgAApc24