Hollywood is Making a Live-Action ‘One Piece’ TV Show

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
The trailer made fun of one of the biggest/silliest anime tropes. I remember when people were saying we need to stop video game adaptations. *The Last of Us has entered the chat*. Give shyt a chance. Adaptations that never even got to the West have proven to be great; see Rurouni Kenshin

:beli: Two literal pieces of media grounded in realism. Thanks for proving my point, you had to point out the Samurai X film, but every Samurai X how many FMAs, Bleach, & Shingeki no kyojins that japan shytted on.

Gaming film adaptations had the chance to learn from failures and developers have more creative input over their IPs. That’s a luxury anime does not have and Netflix’s half assed adaptations/translations with cheap budgets do not help. Bebop was given chance sucked, Death Note was given a chance sucked.

When even r/onepiece one of the most toxically positive places is doubting this, signs are not looking good.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:beli: Two literal pieces of media grounded in realism. Thanks for proving my point, you had to point out the Samurai X film, but every Samurai X how many FMAs, Bleach, & Shingeki no kyojins that japan shytted on.

Gaming film adaptations had the chance to learn from failures and developers have more creative input over their IPs. That’s a luxury anime does not have and Netflix’s half assed adaptations/translations with cheap budgets do not help. Bebop was given chance sucked, Death Note was given a chance sucked.

When even r/onepiece one of the most toxically positive places is doubting this, signs are not looking good.
Netflix made the DBZ movie? AKA the worst anime adaptation ever? Gaming adaptations had the chance to fail and fail and fail and then create greatness. The OG properties we love don't disappear the second they are adapted; meaning we can enjoy the shyt despite the adaptations being trash

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Netflix made the DBZ movie? AKA the worst anime adaptation ever? Gaming adaptations had the chance to fail and fail and fail and then create greatness. The OG properties we love don't disappear the second they are adapted; meaning we can enjoy the shyt despite the adaptations being trash

Not sure how adding DBZ to convo affects anything, but I’m on my second 2x Hazy IPA and my comprehension sucks right now, so I’ll ignore it.

Will these movies tarnish the legacy of the OGs no, but this factory approach to Netflix farming anime to create content does not help bring on new fans or bring anything truly new to the medium. My biggest complaint with these adaptations US or JP is that from a cinematic/stylistic approach they built only for the diehard fans. If people like shyt that’s fine. One of my favorite movies is Pootie Tang and that film is hot trash, some fans can’t admit that and art suffers because of it.

Side Note: I know FMAB is always praised as the better of two animes, but FMA was able to pivot from the OG and create something just as great and that’s something even japan struggles with.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Not sure how adding DBZ to convo affects anything, but I’m on my second 2x Hazy IPA and my comprehension sucks right now, so I’ll ignore it.

Will these movies tarnish the legacy of the OGs no, but this factory approach to Netflix farming anime to create content does not help bring on new fans or bring anything truly new to the medium. My biggest complaint with these adaptations US or JP is that from a cinematic/stylistic approach they built only for the diehard fans. If people like shyt that’s fine. One of my favorite movies is Pootie Tang and that film is hot trash, some fans can’t admit that and art suffers because of it.

Side Note: I know FMAB is always praised as the better of two animes, but FMA was able to pivot from the OG and create something just as great and that’s something even japan struggles with.
I wanna say "Reply when you're sober" but I won't. But when you are, what is your gripe with this movie you have not seen?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I wanna say "Reply when you're sober" but I won't. But when you are, what is your gripe with this movie you have not seen?

My brother Christ, I get wanting to defend this, but it’s fukking garbage, the trailer is supposed to generate hype, at worst reception is terrible, at its best it’s tepid.

This series will please nobody, it’s literally Netflix content farming because they have nothing.

dont-ask-questions-just-consume-product.gif

You wanna give a chance fine go ahead. I’ll be back after it’s aired gloating I was right.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
My brother Christ, I get wanting to defend this, but it’s fukking garbage, the trailer is supposed to generate hype, at worst reception is terrible, at its best it’s tepid.

This series will please nobody, it’s literally Netflix content farming because they have nothing.

dont-ask-questions-just-consume-product.gif

You wanna give a chance fine go ahead. I’ll be back after it’s aired gloating I was right.
Fam, Netflix has nothing? Then who has anything at the moment?:jbhmm: Just dropped a movie that's getting pretty good reception and a series with a huge following that people have waited to return for a long time. Anime is bigger than it ever has been, but it's still barely above the "niche" level overall, and One Piece is one of the harder anime for casuals to get into. I said this already, I fully expected anime heads to hate on this because that is what they've been wired to do with all anime adaptations. I even pointed out shyt I didn't like about the trailer. This isn't even in my top 10 most anticipated Netflix releases. But I'm finna call out hyperbole when I see it :yeshrug:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
This isn't even in my top 10 most anticipated Netflix releases. But I'm finna call out hyperbole when I see it :yeshrug:

:mjgrin: It went on mine once I learned it wasn't some low effort shyt, Oda is involved and seems like he had influence, people who worked on Black Sails also involved and they actually put bread in making and using real ships.

If it's ass :manny: I'll just move on to the next thing, I'm not so attached to these stories that a garbage adaptation would upset me. I fell off the anime after 800 eps. anyway, got tired of keeping up with it. Now netflix came and said they about to condense this shyt and I want to see how they do it. :blessed:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:mjgrin: It went on mine once I learned it wasn't some low effort shyt, Oda is involved and seems like he had influence, people who worked on Black Sails also involved and they actually put bread in making and using real ships.

If it's ass :manny: I'll just move on to the next thing, I'm not so attached to these stories that a garbage adaptation would upset me. I fell off the anime after 800 eps. anyway, got tired of keeping up with it. Now netflix came and said they about to condense this shyt and I want to see how they do it. :blessed:
It's only not top 10 because there's that much I'm anticipating. You seen their little teaser (not really a teaser, just announcing some cast) for Squid Games season 2? Not the reality show bullshyt. Last season of Cavill in The Witcher. I could go on. I haven't even broken 100 eps of OP yet, but I enjoy it a lot. I just hate the weeb hivemind at times. I know I'm probably gonna get, if I don't already have, a rep for caping for Netflix, but I want what slowly happened for video game movies and shows to happen for mange/anime. :hubie:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I need that Monster adaptation that Guillermo Del Toro was supposed to do for HBO. But Steins is an easy and worthwhile adaptation.
they bullshyttin on this. this they type of shyt that would translate well to Live action, but they keep on picking the shyt the doesnt translate well.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
No, Really, Eiichiro Oda Was Deeply Involved in the Live-Action ‘One Piece’

...Throughout the production period of Netflix’s One Piece, this refrain has kept coming up: “Oda was deeply involved in casting, Oda’s a producer, Oda’s heavily involved.” Most of us—quite wisely, given the history of these kinds of adaptations—took the word “heavily” with a grain of salt. But in the case of the live-action One Piece, it’s really true. It’s rare to see a creator get so much power over a series these days, but the Netflix One Piece truly revolves around Oda’s approval...