StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere

Seriously….

Why was this so good!

I created this thread intentionally and initially to be a hit piece troll thread and it backfired on me badly

We were telling yall since the Shounen Trinity days that Oda was the GOAT :ufdup:

But yall Naruto and Bleach stans didn't wanna hear it :troll:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Yea, the Usopp character is kinda meh. After watching the show i skimmed a bit of the manga (the first 1/5th, since it's like a billion issues) to see if he gets better, and so far not really. Granted it plays a little better in the manga bc all of the main cast are a bit more goofy/extreme in their tropes.

Like, the chef really is Johnny Bravo with every female he sees, Nami really is tryna scam any/everyone outta money, and Luffy is a bigger idiot. Entertaining but cartoonish. With the live-action show being a bit more grounded, Usopp being a liar, coward, and the only one who can't really fight, feels a bit more glaring.
Usopp grows on you.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You really gotta watch the show or read the manga to appreciate him though. I couldn’t stand him and never understood how folks could go to bat for him until Enies Lobby. Now I’m on the bandwagon.

It was Thriller Bark for me .:mjlol:

Usopp gets all the funniest fights/wins.

Personally I always liked Usopp since Arlong Park when he set that fish dude on fire and then hit him with the Usopp Hammers :mjlol:

He's not supposed to be Luffy or Zoro, that's the point of his character really. He has no special powers or fighting skills so he has to use his wits to win.

JD2019

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Personally I always liked Usopp since Arlong Park when he set that fish dude on fire and then hit him with the Usopp Hammers :mjlol:

He's not supposed to be Luffy or Zoro, that's the point of his character really. He has no special powers or fighting skills so he has to use his wits to win.
I always understood it but he just wouldn’t stfu. Plus he was just being a complete ass in Water 7 and I’ve read all the excuses people made for him; he was still wrong. He redeemed himself as Sniper King though.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I always understood it but he just wouldn’t stfu. Plus he was just being a complete ass in Water 7 and I’ve read all the excuses people made for him; he was still wrong. He redeemed himself as Sniper King though.

He was being an ass but it made sense for his character.

Dude was always insecure about being the weakest, and getting robbed (then finding out about the Going Merry) was basically the straw that broke the camel's back. In any case you have to admit he put up a way better fight against Luffy than people were expecting.

JD2019

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Dallas

Dude was always insecure about being the weakest, and getting robbed (then finding out about the Going Merry) was basically the straw that broke the camel's back. In any case you have to admit he put up a way better fight against Luffy than people were expecting.
I get it, still couldn’t stand him though. He turned it around pretty quick for me when he apologized so I started to give him some cred back. Then joining up to save Robin earned all my respect back. When he was on that island after Sabaody is when I genuinely started to like him.

And you’re right about the fight. I expected him to get one shot but he actually came with it even knowing he was going to lose.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All these years hearing about one piece and I Never know him being “stretch Armstrong” was his super power :banderas:

Funny show

I dunno if it’s trash or not compared to the anime

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
All these years hearing about one piece and I Never know him being “stretch Armstrong” was his super power :banderas:

Funny show

I dunno if it’s trash or not compared to the anime
Its a solid adaptation. They had to change some shyt up since its a live action but overall they got the important people in and points across. The only issue if foresee is when it comes down to the later fights in the series. Cgi wont be enough to make that shyt have the same impact or look as good as it does in the anime

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Everything he did wrong was forgiven at this moment: