Hold Up: A black woman was on George Zimmerman's defense team?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:what:

Black Woman On Zimmerman Defense Team Gets Her 15 Minutes Of Fame In Trayvon Martin Case - YouTube

:mindblown:

I don't know if this has been posted yet but, what the hell? :what: She said that she knows that GZ is not a racist and this broad worked this case for free.

i saw the interview when it first came out, i was like alright you cant pick who you defend and stuff but she volunteered to defend this dude?! i think she just wanted the exposure to boost her resume and gave no fukks about what this case meant for the community

and of course the defense team gonna take her, it just makes them look like they all inclusive and help zimmerman's lie when he said he didnt profile trayvon

"he didnt profile trayvon! look we have a black person on our team!"

jury - :ohhh:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Yeah breh, you gotta be the sh*ttiest lawyer in the world to be doing an unpaid internship at age 34. That much was obvious to anybody in the game. What that LSAT score smell like you Dominique LaRue azz b*tch? :mjpls:

:dwillhuh: Considering the fact that she used to be some sort of model, the chick more than likely graduated 12-13 years ago and recently decided she wanted to practice law. A good chunk of lawyers & doctors do not go straight to graduate school after college. Doesn't matter how old you are when you start. You're going to have to earn your stripes.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
After looking at the video posted I can't be too mad at her. Would I do it? Probably nit, but then again I'm not in the same situation. I respect that she trying to make a name for herself, but is it worth the backlash in the end. Some don't look at objectively, but merely see her as a c00n or whatever. Oh well... Do your thing ma

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
What do you think is the more important lesson? To value moral and ethical principles or to value the dollar over everything?

She doing what she has to do for her career...its a dog eat dog world.

why would she turn that opportunity to gain experience and network because of the black community? what if she believes Zimmerman's side of the story?

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
:dwillhuh: Considering the fact that she used to be some sort of model, the chick more than likely graduated 12-13 years ago and recently decided she wanted to practice law. A good chunk of lawyers & doctors do not go straight to graduate school after college. Doesn't matter how old you are when you start. You're going to have to earn your stripes.

She's a 34 year old unpaid intern
tumblr_mq1t8yqBRX1rz36j2o1_100.jpg
. Recently, eh? :mjpls:

Deetee

Notorious Lurker
Daps
Reppin
T.Dot
She should know better :stopitslime:

Especially if she has black children.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
She doing what she has to do for her career...its a dog eat dog world.

why would she turn that opportunity to gain experience and network because of the black community? what if she believes Zimmerman's side of the story?

Dog eat dog world huh? Well damn! Glad I didn't have to compromise my values to be successful.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
:whoa: simp. Your simpin' azz does realize this b*tch was just defending a child murderer, right? Or do you also believe GZ wasn't a racist?
tumblr_mq1t8yqBRX1rz36j2o1_100.jpg

She can't speak freely on George Zimmerman, that's basic professional courtesy. She will literally ruin her career and reputation if she speaks out against Zimmerman anytime soon. Hell, she could even damage his future potential cases, (Remember, the feds are still considering a civil rights case against him, and the civil trial as well).

Did she likely realize that she was a "token black" on the defense team and embrace the role for her own benefit? Probably. She may even believe in his innocence (Depending on how closely she actually worked with the case). But it doesn't mean that she's white orientated, just career orientated.

I hate that fakkit, as well as his lawyers, but let's not act like she should be expected to stand up there like "Yeah, he's a huge racist, and the case was solely about race, we pulled a fast one over everyone"....:gladbron:

If anything, I'd question why CNN would even ask her those questions. They seem to be the ones with an agenda there. Looking for a nice headline "Black Intern : Zimmerman Not Racist" as though she could be expected to say anything else....:shaq2:

Regardless, she's a breeder...that has to mean something. I would have expected her kids were gonna be some demonic, white looking, Garcelle Beauvais type kids.

MysKR5r.jpg

^ Not mad at em.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
i saw the interview when it first came out, i was like alright you cant pick who you defend and stuff but she volunteered to defend this dude?! i think she just wanted the exposure to boost her resume and gave no fukks about what this case meant for the community

People are using the term "volunteer" in an imprecise manor. Law students have to take judicial clerkships, internships, shadow lawyers...do whatever they can to get some law experience while in law school so that they can get a job when they get out. Few of these jobs pay some money, most of them do not. Students give their resume, cover letters, thank you letters, do the whole dance to land internerships or clerkships with big firms or powerful judges. If your grades aren't good...good luck getting a dime (And in this economy, even all stars may find it difficult to get paid summer work, "interning" is bullshyt anyways but that's a different subject).

She's likely an unpaid intern, not a "volunteer". You volunteer for habitat for humanity, when you intern, you either got lucky and got paid or you didn't and settled for "experience".

Who knows, she could be at the bottom of her class and jumped at the opportunity to land a job at a big firm. She could have been offered employment if she does good work. She may have been interning (or, "volunteering") at that firm before they even landed this case. But I highly doubt that she saw the case on the news and said "I GOTTA REPRESENT ZIMMERMAN"! She fukking retweets 50 Cent (And this is in like 2011, well after he fell off).