Hogwarts Legacy: Official thread

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
Had off from work so I've been playing it all day. LOVING this so far. I was a huge fan of the books and movies growing up and they gave me exactly what I wanted out of this game. I love open world fantasy games anyway so it would work for me even without this specific IP attached. Only nitpick complaint is the limited inventory so far and the hoops you have to jump through to expand it. Fast travel to vendors is pretty easy, though, so clearing my inventory isn't much of an inconvenience

I can't front, putting on some green robes and walking into the slytherin common room for the first time made my whole childhood flash before my eyes :to:

Got that first day of school drip :wow:
IMG-3170.jpg

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
Had off from work so I've been playing it all day. LOVING this so far. I was a huge fan of the books and movies growing up and they gave me exactly what I wanted out of this game. I love open world fantasy games anyway so it would work for me even without this specific IP attached. Only nitpick complaint is the limited inventory so far and the hoops you have to jump through to expand it. Fast travel to vendors is pretty easy, though, so clearing my inventory isn't much of an inconvenience

I can't front, putting on some green robes and walking into the slytherin common room for the first time made my whole childhood flash before my eyes :to:

Got that first day of school drip :wow:
IMG-3170.jpg
Your character looks just like mine lmao. I wish they have more options for the locs tho.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Monsters anf fantasy characters of all sorts often have obsessions with gold. Smaug for example. Dwarf's, etc. Don't remember too many banks in fantasy films to draw a comparison for that angle though

but ironically it seems like you would first have to be the one acting as if the stereotypes about jews are true (which is itself racist) before claiming these depictions of unrelated character who happen to be in bank are also doing that.

it would be like saying an evil goblin raping someone in a film is racist towards Indians. My first question would be why do you think rape is somehow attributed towards Indians? isn't that assumption by itself racist? banks can exist in fantasy without being correlated to jewish people, just like rape isn't soley attributed to indians, anybody from any background can do it. Making the connection itself is the most racist part of this whole convo

I like how the goblins being an allegory to jews was never brought up during the run of the series/books. Its obviously a reach to just discredit the game.

Even if it were legitimate, why dont dwarves get the same kind of criticism? They are literally known for being overly greedy with large noses. Like that is a known trait all dwarves in fiction are modeled after.

Its obviously another campaign run by trolls but this time its being lead by the other end of the political spectrum. Its funny how the same tactics are being used as well (boycotts, downvoting, online harassment) that they complained about for other IP outrages. Imo at the end of the day its a personal choice if you wish to support or not.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I’m jealous :noah:

Drop those impressions brehs :noah:

Crazy how negative y’all were before this dropped but now y’all loving it :sas2: