Hogwarts Legacy: Official thread

TQbrit

Banned
Daps
except for the fact that goblins are a common fantasy genre fixture the predates Harry potter. If they're racist, so is anything goblins appear in.
clearly the motivation here is jk Rowling's and they reaching for anything cancel worthy.
Lmao they say goblins are caricature of jews when goblins have literally always looked like that. But they now have a problem with it
It's all performative virtue signaling

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
except for the fact that goblins are a common fantasy genre fixture the predates Harry potter. If they're racist, so is anything goblins appear in.
clearly the motivation here is jk Rowling's and they reaching for anything cancel worthy.

Do goblins usually run the banking and financial industry? Or have an obsession with gold? Honest question because this is the first im hearing this one

PerrinN

All Star
Daps
I'm all for trans rights but I might get it...need to see more of the combat first:to:

• Angry
Reactions: Him

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Do goblins usually run the banking and financial industry? Or have an obsession with gold? Honest question because this is the first im hearing this one
Monsters anf fantasy characters of all sorts often have obsessions with gold. Smaug for example. Dwarf's, etc. Don't remember too many banks in fantasy films to draw a comparison for that angle though

but ironically it seems like you would first have to be the one acting as if the stereotypes about jews are true (which is itself racist) before claiming these depictions of unrelated character who happen to be in bank are also doing that.

it would be like saying an evil goblin raping someone in a film is racist towards Indians. My first question would be why do you think rape is somehow attributed towards Indians? isn't that assumption by itself racist? banks can exist in fantasy without being correlated to jewish people, just like rape isn't soley attributed to indians, anybody from any background can do it. Making the connection itself is the most racist part of this whole convo

PerrinN

All Star
Daps
:dahell:
Thats what is holding u back from playing a game? A community of mentally ill homos?
No, the combat is holding me back. I've seen gameplay where the enemies are just waiting around while you attack something else, it was weird as shyt to see

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Hows the story

Clearly the combat is good, whats up with the writing? Might sail for this game but wont buy it