MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Just finished the game.

10/10 for use of license.

7.0 outa 10 for the actual gameplay.

The world they built is absolutely amazing. All of the different settings and dialog, interactions, etc felt straight out of the books/movies. It’s crazy some of the pictures i made up in my mind where spot on in the game, exactly how i imagined them.

The story felt like a lost chapter or prequel to the movies.

Graphics and performance were great.

Gameplay itself ended up kinda meh. I feel they did a really good job with the combat. They somehow managed to give magic combat a kinda character action feel, like i was pulling off DMC combos in a magic based game. Something most magic games don’t achieve. Other magic games feel like you are just standing there throwing fireballs, but in hogwarts you engage in combos and strategy like a melee focused hack n slash game usually would.

The world was amazingly realized but excruciatingly boring and empty. First couple hours felt good to explore, but the entire game i never felt my extra exploration was worth it. Once you do a couple puzzles and take down a couple poacher camps and unlock the same pare of glasses or PJs:stopitslime: your motivation to do any of that is severely diminished. At a point i just ignored literally everything that wasn’t a story/relationship/learn new spells mission.

And that brings me to loot. For the first couple hours of the game I had a really good time finding and trying on new stuff.
From then on, it was all useless and i couldn’t bring myself to care about any of it. Being that everything in the game outside of the core story stuff revolves around acquiring more useless cosmetics, it made all of the side content just as useless imo.

All in all it’s probably a top 3 licensed game but also a game that fell short in a lot of ways.

My personal score is like a 7.5

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Just finished the game.

10/10 for use of license.

7.0 outa 10 for the actual gameplay.

The world they built is absolutely amazing. All of the different settings and dialog, interactions, etc felt straight out of the books/movies. It’s crazy some of the pictures i made up in my mind where spot on in the game, exactly how i imagined them.

The story felt like a lost chapter or prequel to the movies.

Graphics and performance were great.

Gameplay itself ended up kinda meh. I feel they did a really good job with the combat. They somehow managed to give magic combat a kinda character action feel, like i was pulling off DMC combos in a magic based game. Something most magic games don’t achieve. Other magic games feel like you are just standing there throwing fireballs, but in hogwarts you engage in combos and strategy like a melee focused hack n slash game usually would.

The world was amazingly realized but excruciatingly boring and empty. First couple hours felt good to explore, but the entire game i never felt my extra exploration was worth it. Once you do a couple puzzles and take down a couple poacher camps and unlock the same pare of glasses or PJs:stopitslime: your motivation to do any of that is severely diminished. At a point i just ignored literally everything that wasn’t a story/relationship/learn new spells mission.

And that brings me to loot. For the first couple hours of the game I had a really good time finding and trying on new stuff.
From then on, it was all useless and i couldn’t bring myself to care about any of it. Being that everything in the game outside of the core story stuff revolves around acquiring more useless cosmetics, it made all of the side content just as useless imo.

All in all it’s probably a top 3 licensed game but also a game that fell short in a lot of ways.

My personal score is like a 7.5
Randomized loot systems are always woat imo.

FF7 is how all loot systems should work. each chest had have a unique item to that chest. they were in the same place evert time you played the game but if you miss it, you don't get the rune saber in that playthrough. period.

crazy that game came out in 1997 and still has the best mechanics when it comes to that aspect.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Finished at level 38 i think they want you to get to level 45 for the “true” ending.
tenor.gif

Had a good time, but i’m done. Will watch it on you tube.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:dead: i'm convinced you don't really play any of these games.
how you on some luken shyt in a video game forum? lying to kick it and shyt :mjlol:

they not that expensive.
whats your cashapp? i'mma send you $70 so can get the game.
fukk are you even talking about :dahell:

I was going by memory, not sitting in font of the game now. I know they got that one more mission on my quest list that’s locked behind whatever level it is. i just remembered i was like 5-6 levels off.

I smoke hella weed while i’m playing. Don’t always remember exact numbers :mjlol:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
anyone else go back to their school uniform? I wasn't trying to be that one weird kid at school

I legit can't bring myself to wear anything other than a school uniform while attending classes or exploring Hogwarts. I usually wear the trimmed or dignified robes since they're a lot cleaner than the starter robes and I'll occasionally opt for a House outfit with no robe when exploring the school or learning a new spell via assignments. Quiditch outfits only when doing flying assignments or Summoners Court.

On the flip side, I never wear Hogwarts apparel outside of school. The Voyager & Ashwinder outfits are my go to when out in the world. I see brehs in Potions class wearing Pumpkin masks and I just can't do it.:dead: