Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have zero faith in this defense. Even less than last years defense. I think switching from the 3-4 was a mistake and they didn't give Rob Ryan enough to work with.

By switching to the 4-3 they

1. weakened the defensive line, and didn't properly rebuild it.
2. Made players that were assets weaker by making them play a scheme they were not originally brought in to play? Instead of drafting Claiborne they could've drafted the best defensive lineman in the 2012 draft and still had their second round pick to draft another defensive player.

Breh i always told people it was not robs fault our defense was garbage! everyone was injured that year! Now he goes to the saints who had an even worse defense and turns them top 5! :snoop:

Cowboys fans are really dumb sometimes :snoop:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
BujSQCGCMAA992x.jpg:large
BuSm96xIUAEurH2.jpg:large

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All I remember hearing with Ryan defense was broken promises. Not saying it ss his fault but u get tired of the bs.

Perception: Were going to blitz more.
Reality: We didn't blitz enuff.

Perception: were gong to plays more man.
Reality: we played zone

Perception: were going to bring our DBS closer to the line of scimmage.
Reality: the safeties are staying right where they at and we going bring the corners 10 yards off the line of scrimmage:krs:

My biggest issue with the defensive culture is the same I have with it as recent as last yer. We don't commit to what we say we going do. We didn't even commit to to our coverage in the Tampa two. We start off man last season and then before halfway through the season fell( or should I say "fail") back to playing zone.

With rob, it was all good the first week and then then we broke away form our commitment to wha we did week one and drifted in some watered down predictable defensive scheme. Same thing with Kiffin last season. That first game against the giant we forced 6turnovers and sacks and played well and then we went away from playing the same strategy and style we played from week oneal the weeks went in.

My thing is why can't we commit to what we planned to do back during the offseason and training camp. Is it the coaches or players don't have faith in the system or the coaches don't have faith in the players to produce in this system.

Damn look at this shyt. Season ain't even started and I'm already up early pondering the mysteries of this team. God I hope they give me something to cheer for.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
All I remember hearing with Ryan defense was broken promises. Not saying it ss his fault but u get tired of the bs.

Perception: Were going to blitz more.
Reality: We didn't blitz enuff.

Perception: were gong to plays more man.
Reality: we played zone

Perception: were going to bring our DBS closer to the line of scimmage.
Reality: the safeties are staying right where they at and we going bring the corners 10 yards off the line of scrimmage:krs:

My biggest issue with the defensive culture is the same I have with it as recent as last yer. We don't commit to what we say we going do. We didn't even commit to to our coverage in the Tampa two. We start off man last season and then before halfway through the season fell( or should I say "fail") back to playing zone.

With rob, it was all good the first week and then then we broke away form our commitment to wha we did week one and drifted in some watered down predictable defensive scheme. Same thing with Kiffin last season. That first game against the giant we forced 6turnovers and sacks and played well and then we went away from playing the same strategy and style we played from week oneal the weeks went in.

My thing is why can't we commit to what we planned to do back during the offseason and training camp. Is it the coaches or players don't have faith in the system or the coaches don't have faith in the players to produce in this system.

Damn look at this shyt. Season ain't even started and I'm already up early pondering the mysteries of this team. God I hope they give me something to cheer for.
Ryans defense>>>>the trash we had out there last year and this year.
What frustrates me about this team/franchise is we would be competing for a ship' every season if we just have an average defense. That claiborne trade will haunt us for yrs bcz he isnt even a starter for us and we would have ended up with brockers and irvin smh. Everyone saying our offense will have to score 30 ppg but is that realistic with Garrett as the coach? Its still his crappy scheme that will revolve around getting witten the ball.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:sadcam::dwillhuh::smugfavre::comeon::skip::beli::what::patrice::pacspit::snoop::mjpls::noah::to::dead::wtf::mindblown::rudy::datazz:

Scandrick suspended for PEDs

OXNARD, Calif. -- The NFL has suspended Dallas Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick for the first four games of the season, owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Monday.
Scandrick was found to be in violation of the league's performance-enhancing drug policy. His appeal has been denied.
Scandrick, a seven-year veteran, is coming off of the best season of his career. He won the starting job when Morris Claiborne was injured during the preseason and performed well, serving as a bright spot on a unit that ranked last in the league in total defense.
Scandrick and Claiborne, who missed the preseason opener due to tendinitis in his right knee, were competing for a starting job again this summer.