Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Ok well props to you but are you sure you ain't not LSU bias fan because Mo was nice at LSU.

Im talking about the player not the trade.

Outside of picks did you like the player not the picks?
no i wanted decastro, cox, or zeitler in that order. mo never stood out to me at lsu. u got to be special to be drafted in the top 10.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
man i just tried to google claiborne, look at the first thing that popped up. :dead:

IsG8FFe.png

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I was the only Cowboys fan on here that didn't like the drafting of Claiborne.

I called him overrated and y'all nikkas killed me for it. :sas1:

That nikka sucked when he was healthy:sas2:

3 yrs later
full
:whoa:

I remember being the ringleader of "Touch that thang folk :blessed:(to later be discovered it was 4') (we didnt have :blessed: at the time, it was :yayo:) hoping we were gonna draft Upshaw.. I wanted anybody form Alabama that year. But I was :snoop: @ the pick (it was :thumbsdown: back then) and told myself I was gonna learn to love it.

I look at Dre Kirkpatrick and be like :beli:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't like the trading up but I was hopeful that they knew what they were doing and had hope for Claiborne. I was hyped after that first game against the giants but it's been downhill since.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
on sohh i was disgusted as soon as they announced the trade.

Breh...I remember telling one of my homeboys "The league is fukked all we were missing was a lock down corner:ohlawd:...Pencil us in for 12 wins a year teams won't even be able to throw to his side of the field :ohlawd:"

It's been a real hard 3 years for me brehs :to::to::to:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I thought Claiborne would be pretty good. He came up in the same system, played alongside with, and was compared to Patrick Peterson.

I knew he wouldn't be PP, since he didn't have the wingspan, leaping ability, or overall athleticism as PP. But I thought he could be a legit #1 corner.

Mainly tho, I assumed he had an Alpha personality. Seeing him in college and the way he made moves on the ball and played his man physically, it looked like he had the utmost confidence in his game and didn't take a backseat to anybody. Through 2+ years in the pros, I don't see any of that. He comes off as a guy drafted in the 6th round just happy to be here and trying to compete for a roster spot.

And don't even get me started about how he looks in actual game situation... :beli:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Mo was the first person to pick off Peyton last year tho :dry:

I'll give him some slack tho. I remember listening to him on a show he appeared on each week last year admitting to how hard it was for him to play so much zone and how he's never done it before. He said playing man was his strength & he didn't do much of it. SO, this year when playing man we'll see how that goes. I reserve judgement (even tho I got cats to refer to him as "24" last year :krs:)

This is his make or break season for me, pass rush or not. @duckbutta calm down, you've only had to live through it for 2 seasons

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Mo was the first person to pick off Peyton last year tho :dry:

I'll give him some slack tho. I remember listening to him on a show he appeared on each week last year admitting to how hard it was for him to play so much zone and how he's never done it before. He said playing man was his strength & he didn't do much of it. SO, this year when playing man we'll see how that goes. I reserve judgement (even tho I got cats to refer to him as "24" last year :krs:)

This is his make or break season for me, pass rush or not. @duckbutta calm down, you've only had to live through it for 2 seasons

It has been two very bad seasons because I thought he was going to be an elite shutdown corner who just completed blanketed one half of the field...

The zone thing is true...we haven't played to his strength...but even as a press corner...he is far from elite like I thought he would be...

Hurts me every time a receiver catches the ball and the first person to him is church or heath...

I'm thinking "damn 1st round corner we traded up to get...you can't even bee the first person to try and tackle the receiver your supposed to be covering" :stopitslime:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Ok well props to you but are you sure you ain't not LSU bias fan because Mo was nice at LSU.

Hell I'm LSU biased and I have never hid that. This team's track record with LSU defensive players is terrible. Marcus Spears is up there with Bobby Carpenter for me as one of the worst first round picks this team has made the last 10 years

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought Claiborne would be pretty good. He came up in the same system, played alongside with, and was compared to Patrick Peterson.

I knew he wouldn't be PP, since he didn't have the wingspan, leaping ability, or overall athleticism as PP. But I thought he could be a legit #1 corner.

Mainly tho, I assumed he had an Alpha personality. Seeing him in college and the way he made moves on the ball and played his man physically, it looked like he had the utmost confidence in his game and didn't take a backseat to anybody. Through 2+ years in the pros, I don't see any of that. He comes off as a guy drafted in the 6th round just happy to be here and trying to compete for a roster spot.

And don't even get me started about how he looks in actual game situation... :beli:

That is my main issue. He acts like a timid bytch out there. No dog in him. Deanfelo hall is a bum but nobody is going to make him fall back. Riley cooper/Jeremy maclin was screaming on Mo while he layed on the ground with his head in the turf after PI calls. Get up and tell them to gtfoyf!

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
That is my main issue. He acts like a timid bytch out there. No dog in him. Deanfelo hall is a bum but nobody is going to make him fall back. Riley cooper/Jeremy maclin was screaming on Mo while he layed on the ground with his head in the turf after PI calls. Get up and tell them to gtfoyf!
The shyt I'm able to erase from my memory :wow: Thanks for bringing that shyt back up :sadcam:

It has been two very bad seasons because I thought he was going to be an elite shutdown corner who just completed blanketed one half of the field...

The zone thing is true...we haven't played to his strength...but even as a press corner...he is far from elite like I thought he would be...

Hurts me every time a receiver catches the ball and the first person to him is church or heath...

I'm thinking "damn 1st round corner we traded up to get...you can't even bee the first person to try and tackle the receiver your supposed to be covering" :stopitslime:
Or when he makes a tackle and you think he's done for the year or ......dead :sadcam:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The shyt I'm able to erase from my memory :wow: Thanks for bringing that shyt back up :sadcam:

Or when he makes a tackle and you think he's done for the year or ......dead :sadcam:

Breh I don't think you understand how deep I was in this shyt...I remember being heated we didn't get Nnamdi...after we drafted clairborne I was like "if we had Nnamdi to go along with him we would be set in the secondary for the next 8 years":mjlol:...i was a total basket case...even when Nnamdi started getting exposed in Philly I was like "nah they not using him right he would have been a shutdown corner for us"...

Man I got into a super heated argument with my barber at the time...he was like "man if we can get Nnamdi on the cheap then do it otherwise"...breh I jumped up out the seat...not giving a fukk about a plug...i was like "nikka you fukking retarded! Nnamdi is the best corner in the game and we just drafted the next great corner! It don't matter what it cost when you can have two top 5 corners on your team you do it! I wish we could sign both to 8 year contracts tomorrow!"

He still won't let me live it down...:mjlol:...I always grow my hair out during the beginning of football season for no other reason that I know as soon as I walk in there everyone is going to clown me...

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

He's soft mentally and physically. When his contract is up, just chalk it up as an L and let him leave. I bet we replace Carr and Claiborne within 2 years. That shoulder injury really made him into a passive lil bytch. Broaddus said it best, he said if Clai loved football like Dez, he'd be a top 5 corner in the league already. Broaddus is always throwing subs at Clai for always looking for excuses to get out of practice. Heck I bet his injury yesterday was due to general soreness from over-practicing b/c this is the longest he has practiced uninterrupted since he's been with the Cowboy. it's about time for one of his week long breaks.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh...I remember telling one of my homeboys "The league is fukked all we were missing was a lock down corner:ohlawd:...Pencil us in for 12 wins a year teams won't even be able to throw to his side of the field :ohlawd:"

It's been a real hard 3 years for me brehs :to::to::to:

Brehhhhhhhhhh i was soooo hype man!

Claiborne and Carr on the outside :whoo: No more soft CBs? :gladbron:

Draft day had me :blessed:

Now i cant even believe how bad this turned out :snoop: To make it worse i used to play DB back in school so i was extra hype, was sure Claiborne would be a surefire lock down CB :snoop: