Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Scandrick only started because of injury. They saying right now he the best corner in practice and they still asking what they going do with him because of mo and Carr.
The only people asking that are the media. Plus Garrett purposefully leaves things murky to create competition. I think Scandrick is going to win a starting position.

All this secondary talk doesn't really matter if the pass rush doesn't get fixed. The ten teams with the lowest sack totals last year all missed the playoffs. We got to make opposing qbs more uncomfortable.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Mike Wallace and Percy Harvin making 12 per...Calvin and Fitz making 16...Dez gonna get 15 or 16 per
Calvin and Fitz signed megadeals that rape their teams' respective caps, tho. They're on relatively shytty squads, and those squads had to overpay to retain the services of players of their caliber.

I have no qualms with Dez getting 15-16per, since he's worth every penny, but I don't see it coming down to that. He's the hometown kid, a true team player, and he just wants to be fairly compensated. I think we'll get it done somewhere in the 12-14 range. A solid chunk of guaranteed money and a nice long-term deal that gives him financial safety will compensate for the 2-3mil AAV he'll give up to play with the star on his helmet.

:blessed:

But whatever it takes. If it takes $16-18mil per, Jerry has to do it. If I ever see Dez play in another jersey during his prime, I'd seriously reconsider my devotion to being a Cowboys fan.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Calvin and Fitz signed megadeals that rape their teams' respective caps, tho. They're on relatively shytty squads, and those squads had to overpay to retain the services of players of their caliber.

I have no qualms with Dez getting 15-16per, since he's worth every penny, but I don't see it coming down to that. He's the hometown kid, a true team player, and he just wants to be fairly compensated. I think we'll get it done somewhere in the 12-14 range. A solid chunk of guaranteed money and a nice long-term deal that gives him financial safety will compensate for the 2-3mil AAV he'll give up to play with the star on his helmet.

:blessed:

But whatever it takes. If it takes $16-18mil per, Jerry has to do it. If I ever see Dez play in another jersey during his prime, I'd seriously reconsider my devotion to being a Cowboys fan.
True about Fitz n Calvin....I can see Dez taking a little discount if the guaranteed money is straight. But no matter what he gonna get paid

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
:whoa:

I love Dez more than anyone but I love the Cowboys more than Dez. Anything above 15 mill then we need to hold off talks for another year or contemplating trading him. I'm not trying to get into another financial mess.

I agree with you tho, Dez is Dallas, period. He will take a hometown discount and get somewhere around 12 mill IMO.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Terrance Mitchell will be a sleeper from our 7th rd picks. I was listening to Will McClay's interview with Norm and he said Mitchell has impressed him most from all our 7th rd picks. Dude has all the alpha traits that Mo lacks.

XwWLirC.png

Here's the interview with McClay...I'm really impressed with this guy. https://player.fm/series/sportsradio-1310-the-ticket/norm-will-mcclay-interview

OXNARD, Calif. -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of Dallas Cowboys training camp:
  • i
    The offense brought it to the defense in team drills, especially in the running game, which has to be concerning. Running backs DeMarco Murray and Lance Dunbar were able to get through the line unscathed in team run and situational work. Guard Zack Martin flattened safety Barry Church while pulling to give Murray a big gain, drawing oohs and aahs. Dunbar was able to gain the edge against the second-team defense with his speed, racing by cornerback DaShaun Phillips. Ryan Williams took a toss for a long gain, too.

• The Cowboys D stuck with a seven-man front against the offense, which might have accounted for some of the big gains, but the line was unable to get off blocks.

• One play that Jason Garrett will assuredly show his players was the work of Dez Bryant in team drills. A Tony Romo pass to Bryant was deflected at the line of scrimmage with linebacker Bruce Carter in position for his first interception of training camp. Bryant quickly backtracked, jumped over Carter and flicked the ball away to prevent the turnover. That a player of Bryant's stature made that kind of hustle play will not go unnoticed with the way Garrett likes to use his best players as teaching points.

• Garrett offered up play-by-play in the one-on-one drills between the receivers and corners. At one point he said the defense was being "bludgeoned." After an Orlando Scandrick pick, he gave the defense two extra points. Passing game coordinator Scott Linehan responded with, "Do we get two points for a touchdown?"

• Wide receiver Dwayne Harris suffered a left ankle sprain in one-on-one drills with cornerbacks when he was rolled up by Terrance Mitchell. Mitchell was chastised by Dez Bryant and others for being too aggressive and not staying on his feet. The Cowboys don't believe Harris' injury is serious. Defensive tackle Ben Bass left practice early with a hamstring injury. The Cowboys are down five defensive linemen (Amobi Okoye, Bass, DeMarcus Lawrence, Anthony Spencer and Terrell McClain) and could be forced to sign a reinforcement to ease the load off the rest of the group. Cornerback Sterling Moore and guard Brian Clarke did not practice because of a groin injury. With only five healthy corners, practice was shorter than normal.

• The Cowboys are off on Friday and will return to practice on Saturday.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I think some of ya'll are on drugs. Sandrick being consistent :heh:

The only thing you could count on from him until recently is for him be being glued to the receiver just to get caught on. He was always in position to make plays but never made plays. He use to get applauded for not giving up YAC cause he made tackles right after he was caught on. I remember him getting his extension and 94.7% of the board was :sadcam:

With that being said, he's come around recently and has been a "bright spot" in our secondary but I still can't see in the tunnel :hmm:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

The only thing you could count on from him until recently is for him be being glued to the receiver just to get caught on. He was always in position to make plays but never made plays. He use to get applauded for not giving up YAC cause he made tackles right after he was caught on. I remember him getting his extension and 94.7% of the board was :sadcam:

With that being said, he's come around recently and has been a "bright spot" in our secondary but I still can't see in the tunnel :hmm:

He's gotten better over the years. I think he gets more props though simply for staying healthy. And because corners get hurt so much being able to play on the outside and in the slot is a need.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

He's consistent. He had more picks than Clai last year. He's a better tackler, which you have to be in this scheme. He's versatile, can play outside and inside on nickel downs. And most importantly he NEVER gets hurt. I've made a 180 on scan. Breh is a professional, I know why the team wanted to lock him up. The problem with him getting turned around is on the coach IMO.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
He's gotten better over the years. I think he gets more props though simply for staying healthy. And because corners get hurt so much being able to play on the outside and in the slot is a need.
He's consistent. He had more picks than Clai last year. He's a better tackler, which you have to be in this scheme. He's versatile, can play outside and inside on nickel downs. And most importantly he NEVER gets hurt. I've made a 180 on scan. Breh is a professional, I know why the team wanted to lock him up. The problem with him getting turned around is on the coach IMO.
I agree, he's gotten better over the years and having more picks than Clai ain't really an accomplishment. In years pass he had to learn to tackle cause of all the passes being caught on him. Again, he's gotten better over the years and at best he should be a 3rd corner. He's nice in the slot and that's where he belongs. Given the current state of the CBs, that's why he's more appreciated. CJ Wilson ass niggga. Just because the cats on the depth chart above you aren't good, doesn't make you better. He just happens to be better looking of the turds