Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Based on what? Yesterday I saw the Romo of old. Last week I saw a better Romo than I saw in week 1. He's took minor step in showing he was coming back week to week from week 1 to 3. Yesterday, he looked like he was never hurt. Moving around in the pocket, making the longest scramble of his career and not turning the ball over. If we get this Romo going forward, they are the team to beat.
Romo didn't look like romo of old. He threw at least 4 ducks and he wasn't getting his hips behind them throws. Romo isn't the same. Hes not stepping into his passes consistently. He's gotten better but still not the same. He still throwing a lot of passes with no zip on it. Romo is good now and maybe short term in the future but we need to start grooming our future qb. Like Gb did with favre and Rodgers.

The day when we can't protect romo with game planning and balanced playcalling will be bad day. I don't think he can carry offense like he did last year against the broncos. If we ask him to do too much I'm positive he'll have another 3 interception game.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
:russ:

gI4oZBC.png

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mjlol:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Only thing McClain has over Lee is intensity and durability but then again even McLain has missed the half the games this season. But Lee is just as good in gap responsibility and run support and Lee is the best cover lb in the league. But like somebody said Lee ain't laying nigguh's out.

Put it like this. Lee is Duncan(in his prime) but McClain is blake or stat.
Well said.

I think Lee is the better overall player, but McClain brings something to this defense we just don't have, and haven't had in recent years. He brings a nastiness and intensity that clearly set the tone yesterday. It was great to see our players feeding off him and being more aggressive.

Lee is more in the DeMarcus Ware mold. Great player, but leads by example. Soft-spoken, and lets his play do the talking. More finesse and cerebral than brute strength or aggressiveness.

I have no problem with Sean Lee (other than being constantly injured), but McClain is a much needed asset on a defense that has been a collective pushover the last several years.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well said.

I think Lee is the better overall player, but McClain brings something to this defense we just don't have, and haven't had in recent years. He brings a nastiness and intensity that clearly set the tone yesterday. It was great to see our players feeding off him and being more aggressive.

Lee is more in the DeMarcus Ware mold. Great player, but leads by example. Soft-spoken, and lets his play do the talking. More finesse and cerebral than brute strength or aggressiveness.

I have no problem with Sean Lee (other than being constantly injured), but McClain is a much needed asset on a defense that has been a collective pushover the last several years.
Lee and McLain is one of them Good type of problem we have. I'm pretty sure marinelli can find a way to get both of them on the field whenever the problem presents itself.

One thing i didn't like way the fact that niche. Lost a lot of playing time yesterday. He had an aight game last week and we should've gave him a chance to build on that. We have a solid rotation of McClain, Lee, carter, durant, and hitchens to come. If only we could've had Holloman. At least we don't have to worry about seeing Wilbur on the field anymore soon

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
McClain > Lee. McClain has size, speed, power & just like Lee he can read a defense, Lee is outstanding when healthy but he's too fragile. On a side note did y'all see Mike Wilbon acting like a bytch when talking about the Cowboys on PTI? Dude was extremely salty:russ:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So my nikkas we really in here throwing the GAWD sean lee to the bushes like that :wtb:

Talking bout McClain is more talented :wtb:

I gotta see a whole season of McClain before i fully jump on that wagon :wtb: Because Lee doest usually make it a full season :pachaha:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
McClain > Lee. McClain has size, speed, power & just like Lee he can read a defense, Lee is outstanding when healthy but he's too fragile. On a side note did y'all see Mike Wilbon acting like a bytch when talking about the Cowboys on PTI? Dude was extremely salty:russ:
Thank u breh. We need goons on this team. Teams try and punk us way too much over the years. Ill take intensity and durability over a finesse player anyday. Best case scenario we extend bruce and mclain and we have a lb corps of lee-mclain-carter :wow:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
MO done for the season :to:

Romo didn't look like romo of old. He threw at least 4 ducks and he wasn't getting his hips behind them throws. Romo isn't the same. Hes not stepping into his passes consistently. He's gotten better but still not the same. He still throwing a lot of passes with no zip on it. Romo is good now and maybe short term in the future but we need to start grooming our future qb. Like Gb did with favre and Rodgers.

The day when we can't protect romo with game planning and balanced playcalling will be bad day. I don't think he can carry offense like he did last year against the broncos. If we ask him to do too much I'm positive he'll have another 3 interception game.
Where do you come up with stuff bruh? Did you even watch the game? (serious questions)

They had a segment on Romo not being able to step into his throws earlier in the season when he had to "swing" his leg around. Then they should him last night firing them hoes, He was 22 of 29 and didn't "miss" on a throw where you would said, "DAMN ROMO USUALLY MAKES THAT THROW"

Yeah he's getting up there and we need a backup QB but he'll suffice for a little longer. Grooming a QB is a luxury. I wouldn't even look at a Qb in the first round until 16.

lol. He had 7 incomplete passes, 4 ducks? They woulda stood out bruh. Hell the only 3 I can remember him missing on was overthrowing Dez when NO sent the house twice. The lob pass to Street and the one he threw at Dunbar

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Romo being done has been greatly exaggerated by many cowboys fans. 67% completion, 980 yds 7tds and 98 qb rating for a 34 yr old qb coming off back surgery :wow:. He looks better to me right now than he did at the beginning of last season when we were dinking and dunking all the time. Romo has 3 more yrs if this line continues to protect him.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MO done for the season :to:

Where do you come up with stuff bruh? Did you even watch the game? (serious questions)

They had a segment on Romo not being able to step into his throws earlier in the season when he had to "swing" his leg around. Then they should him last night firing them hoes, He was 22 of 29 and didn't "miss" on a throw where you would said, "DAMN ROMO USUALLY MAKES THAT THROW"

Yeah he's getting up there and we need a backup QB but he'll suffice for a little longer. Grooming a QB is a luxury. I wouldn't even look at a Qb in the first round until 16.

lol. He had 7 incomplete passes, 4 ducks? They woulda stood out bruh. Hell the only 3 I can remember him missing on was overthrowing Dez when NO sent the house twice. The lob pass to Street and the one he threw at Dunbar
Calm the fukk down. Romo ain't romo. He's just playing his role efficiently, but he's clearly not himself pre back injury and I doubt he ever will be. Dnt mean he can't have good seasons just can't rely on him to carry the team like that anymore. Two of them all out blitzes were on shotgun formations.and romo of old would've called an audible hot route over the middle and killed that shyt.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Calm the fukk down. Romo ain't romo. He's just playing his role efficiently, but he's clearly not himself pre back injury and I doubt he ever will be. Dnt mean he can't have good seasons just can't rely on him to carry the team like that anymore. Two of them all out blitzes were on shotgun formations.and romo of old would've called an audible hot route over the middle and killed that shyt.
I'm super calm. I just don't get where the bold comes from. What makes you think he can't carry the team? I don't think he SHOULD but I think he can. You're making an argument for something based off week 1. There's no way you watched the same game everyone else watched on Sunday night and came to that conclusion.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
So my nikkas we really in here throwing the GAWD sean lee to the bushes like that :wtb:

Talking bout McClain is more talented :wtb:

I gotta see a whole season of McClain before i fully jump on that wagon :wtb: Because Lee doest usually make it a full season :pachaha:
I remember Lee shutting Shady down in Philly almost singlehandedly last year.

I can't wait to see Lee and McClain on the field together. Might only be 3 games but those 3 games are gonna be :whew: