Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
-Romo looked like someone who's been out of football with two back surgeries.

-The online looked decent and Murray ran the ball well behind them

-Playcalling still has to do better. It's like they're tryna get stats for their favorite players opposed to playing the game like it's intended to be played. (Case in point not running the football down at the goal line)

-No one in the secondary is gonna make plays. Wilcox might not be the person that we want him to be.

-The font seven looked surprisingly good. Melton, Mincey, McCain and Carter played well.

I expect them to bounce back. Titans and Rams are about as must win as weeks 2 & 3 can be.

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
- I think Romo is done.....dude has no zip on his passes.....

- Murray is a beast....

- If the O-Line plays like that every game....and Romo makes better decision....we could seriously have an elite offense..

- T.Will needs to stop body catching....other than that...dude is nice...

- Defense is alot better than I thought they would be...

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Post game thoughts?

For me is the defense plays solid. Would like to see more man next week cuz our zone looks horrible. Players look outta place in the zone or just not in position to make an sort of play on the ball.

On offense feature the running backs more. Give the backup some carries if u don't want to run Murray into the ground. I'd like to see more Hanna/ Escobar get chances.

Tyron smith looked just aight today. He wasn't a liability but I heard his name today than I did all of last season.

I wasn't a big fan of Linehan's playcalling but it's only the first week and romo did look like garbage.

don't be fooled breh the defense was and is complete garbage, if the game had been closer and the niners were in obvious running situations.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

-The online looked decent and Murray ran the ball well behind them

-Playcalling still has to do better. It's like they're tryna get stats for their favorite players opposed to playing the game like it's intended to be played. (Case in point not running the football down at the goal line)

-No one in the secondary is gonna make plays. Wilcox might not be the person that we want him to be.

-The font seven looked surprisingly good. Melton, Mincey, McCain and Carr played well.

I expect them to bounce back. Titans and Rams are about as must win as weeks 2 & 3 can be.
Carr didn't play good.....

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW

Playcalling has been trash since 2008, and will continue to be so. fukk you expect with Jason Garrett? I don't even get mad anymore. Passing the ball when you're less than 5 yards away from a TD when Murray has been averaging over 7 yards a carry is par for the course with this moribund "coach," if you can even call him that.

Romo looked like complete a$$hole. Quite possibly the worst I've ever seen Romo play. He missed Dwayne Harris WIDE OPEN in the end zone on the play he tried to force it to Witten and threw pick. And on the play where Dez got body slammed, he missed Terrance Williams WIDE OPEN beating his man on a Post route streaking to the end zone.

shyt was just absolutely abysmal. Usually I'm bytching about Jason Garrett and how fukking stupid and clueless he is. And no doubt, he displayed all of the typical Jason Garrett ineptitude today. But Romo really showed me a dark side I've never seen before.

We all know Romo gets tunnel vision and forces passes to certain targets no matter the coverage, with the most notable culprit being Jason Witten. But today was a completely different level. This dude was looking like a 12 year old playing Madden, trying to force the ball to predetermined WRs/TEs no matter the coverage.

We need a new QB. And MUCH sooner than I thought. I don't see Romo playing this badly again in the near future, but at the same time, his 31TD-10INT days seem behind him.

Overreact over 1 game, brehs :skip:
:to:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
- Romo and Garrett would be my first two targets in a purge

- O Line played solid

- Defense not as terrible as I thought, though it's still bad

- Secondary is and and always will be trash

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fixed it. I meant Carter, he made more plays today than he did all of last season.
Durant played well too.

Wilcox is definitely not there. I wonder if it's the coaches or what cuz he looks as pedestrian as every other safety we bring up on our own. The best safeties we had the last decade have been free agents. The ones we drafted have all looked like Wilcox where they just lack instinct on the field. It's time today where Wilcox was in a zone that wasn't in the field and just wasn't any factor on the play. Specifically in zone. He has no sweet spot on the field. Even when they bring him close to the LOS he can't make a play in the field.