Hisense - 100" Class U76 Series QLED 4K Google TV..$2000 with install from Best Buy

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Or...they care about advanced features and picture quality? If you care about your home theater experience, and have the bread, why wouldn't you, unless you need some massive screen, in which case a projector is probably your best bet.
Breh, I was deep in the AV industry for 15 years. I got ISF certified in 2006, and went to CEDIA expos yearly. I've sold most of the major brands people here know like Samsung, Panasonic, Pioneer, Sony etc, as well as brands folks here don't know like Sampo, Loewe, Runco, Faroudja, and Digital Projection. While OLED may be the overall best Display tech for consumer TVs today, it primarily excels at having the lowest black levels. It's not the king of widest color gamut, or brightness. In the era of HDR brightness is just as important as having the lowest black levels. Back to the scope of the discussion size is just another factor in choosing the correct TV. I would never call something a home theater with any display less than a 100". I personally think home theaters really start at 120". No projector less than $20k will hang with an OLED, but none of those $5k projector owners will trade in their 150" screen for an 80" OLED even if you added in $2k in cash. It just doesn't have that WOW! factor.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Breh, I was deep in the AV industry for 15 years. I got ISF certified in 2006, and went to CEDIA expos yearly. I've sold most of the major brands people here know like Samsung, Panasonic, Pioneer, Sony etc, as well as brands folks here don't know like Sampo, Loewe, Runco, Faroudja, and Digital Projection. That's all good, but that isn't going to make me not believe my own eyes. While OLED may be the overall best Display tech for consumer TVs today, That's what I'm saying, so I'm not sure why you're intent on arguing me down, but okay it primarily excels at having the lowest black levels. It's not the king of widest color gamut, or brightness. In the era of HDR brightness is just as important as having the lowest black levels.LG has made huge strides in brightness in the past 4 to 6 years, and it doesn't matter all that much in a controlled or semi-controlled room. IMO, the pros FAR outweigh the cons Back to the scope of the discussion size is just another factor in choosing the correct TV. I would never call something a home theater with any display less than a 100". subjective, but at those sizes would take a projector over an LCD 10/10 times I personally think home theaters really start at 120". No projector less than $20k will hang with an OLED, but none of those $5k projector owners will trade in their 150" screen for an 80" OLED even if you added in $2k in cash. It just doesn't have that WOW! factor. subjective , PQ wows me more. My 77" OLED is wonderful until I go 83 or higher. I have blackout curtains, it looks amazing. I'm a serious gamer as well, so OLED is everything I want.

Mikeatris

Supreme Mathematik
Daps
Reppin
My City
I would pull the trigger but I have an 86" LG in the bedroom and I do not need to go bigger than that. If I was to get the 100", then I would put it in the bedroom and move the 86" to the gameroom and the 75" from there to the living room and keep shuffling. I am good with what I have right now

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Is this the U6K?

Wow bro, I was just about to make a thread asking if this was a good tv, the 75 inch is on Amazon for 650$ right now and my 70 inch Samsung went bad a few weeks ago.

So you think this is the best TV on the market for that price range? I watched a couple videos and read a couple comparisons with similar Samsung and Sony TV's, this Hisense absolutely fukks them over as far as features (240hz panel, Google tv, ect).

Should I go ahead and order it since I can get it tomorrow before the game?

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the difference isn't that serious unless you've only used garbage IPS panels high end VA panels aren't OLED good but they aren't far behind and thats what Hisense uses ....LG Nanocell and low end samsung and sonys are really bad cause they want you to cop an OLED

I use my shyt as a pc monitor so OLED ain't it because of burn in also the text looks off on W-OLEDs
I had 2 different Samsung QLED TV's both go bad in under 18 months and didn't buy a warranty for either of them smh. I'll never buy a Samsung entry level TV again.

I read that Hisense TV's are known for reliability and always lasts 6+ years so I had to go this route this time. And I got a warranty so I should be good now.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Is this the U6K?

Wow bro, I was just about to make a thread asking if this was a good tv, the 75 inch is on Amazon for 650$ right now and my 70 inch Samsung went bad a few weeks ago.

So you think this is the best TV on the market for that price range? I watched a couple videos and read a couple comparisons with similar Samsung and Sony TV's, this Hisense absolutely fukks them over as far as features (240hz panel, Google tv, ect).

Should I go ahead and order it since I can get it tomorrow before the game?
Pull the trigger..just make sure you have it professionally mounted...I have pics I just need to upload to imgur..been at capacity

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Pull the trigger..just make sure you have it professionally mounted...I have pics I just need to upload to imgur..been at capacity
Fasho. Placed the order a little over an hour ago, shyt will be here tomorrow.

I got a think for smooth motion on TV's, and I love the soap opera effect that people always talk about. Both Samsung QLED's I had prior to this one was horrible with motion, no matter the source. I got an old ass Insignia tv from like 2007 that still works, the motion on that TV made both of my QLEDS look like some 30hz type of shyt.

How good is the motion smoothness on this one?

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
It's really crazy that this thread just happened to be on the first page the day I decided to start looking for a new TV. I had been researching shyt all night, when I found this one and thought about asking y'all nikkas if it was good, I just so happened to see this thread.

If that's not a clear "hurry up and buy" indicator then I feel sorry for your mother.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Fasho. Placed the order a little over an hour ago, shyt will be here tomorrow.

I got a think for smooth motion on TV's, and I love the soap opera effect that people always talk about. Both Samsung QLED's I had prior to this one was horrible with motion, no matter the source. I got an old ass Insignia tv from like 2007 that still works, the motion on that TV made both of my QLEDS look like some 30hz type of shyt.

How good is the motion smoothness on this one?
The smoothness is great, especially if you using an antenna over the air...the signal comes in pure 1080p no compression with 1440hz refresh rate

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Hisense makes some of the best high end tv’s out there quiet as kept.
Thank you, in addition to the specs, the TV's software flows real good..No buggyness or nothing like that..very simple and intuitive

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Thank you, in addition to the specs, the TV's software flows real good..No buggyness or nothing like that..very simple and intuitive
Yes and cats can’t tell me nothing in here because I have 2 65 inch LG OLED’s and been on the OLED wave before most posters on this site.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
$3,800 for a 83" LG OLED :lupe:

$30,000 for a 97" LG OLED :lupe:

In a few years we might be able to get a 100" OLED for under $5,000 :wow: