Hisense - 100" Class U76 Series QLED 4K Google TV..$2000 with install from Best Buy

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
It's not "sensationalism and zealotry", it's an informed opinion backed by research and first hand experience. Before I bought my first OLED I did tons of research. I am an AVSForum nerd, and anytime I go somewhere they sell TVs, I go look and I'm not even looking to buy any. The GOOD brands of LCD don't hold a candle to OLEDs. Hisense, like the other Chinese budget brands, are mediocre at best, but mostly trash.

The 100"? No. Unless there is some new secret sauce in that model, I have an idea, and it doesn't compare to an OLED. It really isn't possible due to the technology.
Ok but I wanted a 100 inch TV for my theatre/living room and the 100 inch OLED ones are $30,000...It was ether this TV or the 100 inch projector

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Ok but I wanted a 100 inch TV for my theatre/living room and the 100 inch OLED ones are $30,000...It was ether this TV or the 100 inch projector
If you had to have a screen that size, i would have gone for the projector, but if you like it, cool. My OLED is 77", I can't wait until the 83 and up sizes are affordable. :wow:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Anytime I hear folks talk about "OLED or nothing", I assume they really don't know much about video displays.
Or...they care about advanced features and picture quality? If you care about your home theater experience, and have the bread, why wouldn't you, unless you need some massive screen, in which case a projector is probably your best bet.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Picture quality isn't a replacement for image size. A 65" OLED isn't the same as a 100" LCD TV. If so, more people would notice just how crappy the image is when you pay $15 for a movie ticket.
I got bad eyes so the bigger the screen, the better. I can't see 4k that well anyway unless I had glasses on :mjlol:

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not caring about OLED is the mistake. If you give a shyt about picture quality and aren't on a budget, there is no alternative. I can NEVER go back. I see LCDs and it feels like my vision is fukking up.

the difference isn't that serious unless you've only used garbage IPS panels high end VA panels aren't OLED good but they aren't far behind and thats what Hisense uses ....LG Nanocell and low end samsung and sonys are really bad cause they want you to cop an OLED

I use my shyt as a pc monitor so OLED ain't it because of burn in also the text looks off on W-OLEDs