Hip Hop Is Delicious Poison. Glorification Of Murder Is My Issue With Hip Hop. No Boundaries Exist - Dee-1

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
When I was young, knowledge of self and Black pride were attractive to me because that's what my favorite rappers promoted. I wore my Black medallion, read Malcolm X, and studied Black history because of rap music. Chuck D taught me who Assata Shakur is. Brother J taught me about Imhotep & Isis. Brand Nubian, Wu-Tang, & Poor Righteous Teachers taught me Supreme Mathematics. Kid & Play taught me to dance. Big Daddy Kane taught me how to be fly. The Fresh Prince inspired my sense of humor. De La and Tribe taught me that it is cool to be myself. Rap taught me all of that.
If I (and other kids) could be attracted to those positive things by rap, then it is also understandable that today's youth can be attracted to the steady diet of drugs, bytches & nikkas, smoking on opp packs, stupidity, materialism, ratchetness, and negativity that their music is pushing to them. :yeshrug:

Can't wait to hear the rebuttals to this.
I guess the first question is, in addition to gravitating towards knowledge of self and Black pride due to that being what your favorite rappers promoted, did your circle have anything to do with that as well? Meaning your parents, rest of the family, and teachers? I ask because you said "Rap taught me all of that" Because although those positive images were present, there were also negative images present at that time. NWA was active. Ice Cube. Kool G Rap. Yet you chose to emulate the positive ones. Why? Could it be that those responsible for raising you made sure you understood right from wrong?

You mentioned Wu-Tang as one of your positive influences. Hold up. Is this the same Wu-Tang that had members who regularly talked about drug dealing and killing? Yet you gravitated to the positive aspects of their music. They were both.

Why and who is responsible for teaching you it was ok to emulate the positive things you heard in rap but understand the negative was for entertainment purposes and not for you to copy?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I guess the first question is, in addition to gravitating towards knowledge of self and Black pride due to that being what your favorite rappers promoted, did your circle have anything to do with that as well? Meaning your parents, rest of the family, and teachers? I ask because you said "Rap taught me all of that" Because although those positive images were present, there were also negative images present at that time. NWA was active. Ice Cube. Kool G Rap. Yet you chose to emulate the positive ones. Why? Could it be that those responsible for raising you made sure you understood right from wrong?

You mentioned Wu-Tang as one of your positive influences. Hold up. Is this the same Wu-Tang that had members who regularly talked about drug dealing and killing? Yet you gravitated to the positive aspects of their music. They were both.

Why and who is responsible for teaching you it was ok to emulate the positive things you heard in rap but understand the negative was for entertainment purposes and not for you to copy?
You're answering his question with a question. It's damn near a strawman.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

My parents did an excellent job of raising me, teaching me our history, immersing me in Black culture, and instilling a sense of Black pride in me since I was a old enough to remember. They also instilled in me a moral code at an early age.
Major props to them.
My upbringing isn't the subject of the thread, though. I only used examples from my youth in response to somebody else who had asked me a direct question, and that was all that I needed to say about it.
Was there anything you wanted to discuss about the videos in the OP?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nobody has said black people should want anything. Does rap music turn non killers into killers? Does rap music turn people into career criminals? This is the question you need to answer

The crack gold rush and pr to make guys like the chambers Brothers. 20/20 on rayful Edmunds.
Did turn people into criminals.
When nwa showed up on 20/20. Overnight nikkaz now wanted to be something they were not. Then took that green guy shyt out in the streets out for fame. In Chicago being in a gang had a popular gym shoe thing going on as well.

Seeing as any mainstream pr permeated gangs.
are an actual paid for government constructS. Which all have basis rooted in discovery zones.
to create applied knowledge to harm us as black people.
Along with anyone or any other group.
they decide it can be engineered against.

Not to mention yes they marketed and bred our women in general.
into all being a victim to the ideal of the divorcee auntie with a bag or dope girl wife.

So there effective marketing Did work.

It was a perfect storm of purposeful applied knowledge.
where it worked on us as black people.

Then they used the same gateway drug disco gateway drug game discovery zone. Modified into crack.
Creating povertous condition purpsoefully.
to now create and perpetuate the prison industrial economy complex. Now it is All rolled into the migrant industrial complex.

It is a purposeful game.

Where We are rhe discovery zone guinea pig. Plus drug down Into the depths of socioeconomic hell as well. In a country based on capitalism.

Art Barr

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
You're answering his question with a question. It's damn near a strawman.
Use your critical thinking. If the issue is the harm caused by rap music vs. the good, then my question is really a commentary on that. He explains the positive things in rap that got him moving one way, and that he can see why the negative images of today got the kids moving a different way. My question is really an answer - his upbringing may have more to do with that than rap music.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
My parents did an excellent job of raising me, teaching me our history, immersing me in Black culture, and instilling a sense of Black pride in me since I was a old enough to remember. They also instilled in me a moral code at an early age.
Major props to them.
My upbringing isn't the subject of the thread, though. I only used examples from my youth in response to somebody else who had asked me a direct question, and that was all that I needed to say about it.
Was there anything you wanted to discuss about the videos in the OP?
My post was directed at your comment that you can understand why the youth of today get caught up in the negative images they see/hear in current rap. Basically you seemed to be saying there were more positive images in rap when I was growing up, so I turned out good. And that you can see why the kids today are attracted to a more negative lifestyle because its in the music that "their music is pushing to them".

Basically I'm saying that maybe its more about your upbringing that led you to a more positive life and not the music you listened to. So maybe that's what todays youth is missing - the positive upbringing part. Obviously you were confronted by negative images too, but you didn't indulge in that lifestyle.

I have an issue with too much blame being put on music for our communities current status. I believe the music is a reflection of us, not the other way around.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
My post was directed at your comment that you can understand why the youth of today get caught up in the negative images they see/hear in current rap. Basically you seemed to be saying there were more positive images in rap when I was growing up, so I turned out good. And that you can see why the kids today are attracted to a more negative lifestyle because its in the music that "their music is pushing to them".

Basically I'm saying that maybe its more about your upbringing that led you to a more positive life and not the music you listened to. So maybe that's what todays youth is missing - the positive upbringing part. Obviously you were confronted by negative images too, but you didn't indulge in that lifestyle.

I have an issue with too much blame being put on music for our communities current status. I believe the music is a reflection of us, not the other way around.
I know why you directed your comment towards me, but I am not the subject of the thread. If you want to discuss the topic, we can do that.

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
I was just listening to a pod about 2Pac and it brought up the Dan Quayle/pac/ice t thing where rap lyrics were blamed for killings. It’s crazy to realize that was 30 years ago.

Ultimately…they was right bruh :francis:

Just not literally. Wrong target but right thought. Lyrics weren’t literally responsible but it’s true that hip hop has veered folk off a certain path. It’s been a slow drift but when you zoom out you see the drift is much steeper than you think. Modern rap is everything he’s saying it is
what pod?

Crumple

All Star
Daps
This nikka is a complete novice as a rapper.

He is one of these new safe terms. To not say someone is wack.
Like a church rapper and not an emcee.

Stop.
nikka huff as hell.

All these ol extra face ass terms nikkaz got for what is supposed to be a skilled emcee and it is cap.

You can not fool me with these homebody sheltered wanna he's and toys.

they need to stop this shyt.
nobody is fooled.
By these fake ass wannabe's.
all these I watched eight mile face asss nikkaz black white or Asian. Gon the fukk on somewhere.

You are not talented.

I do not care how much you try to fake like you are..

Or try to follow the same steps.

No one in the know is fooled.

by you sheltered homebody face ass rappers.

Art Barr

I respect everything you said. He isn't a tenured emcee. I will say at least he is for empowerment of the right things so far.

I'm curious who are your top 5 emcees of all time?

My list changes but as of now

Method Man
Kool G Rap
Kool Keith
Gza
Prodigy

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I respect everything you said. He isn't a tenured emcee. I will say at least he is for empowerment of the right things so far.

I'm curious who are your top 5 emcees of all time?

My list changes but as of now

Method Man
Kool G Rap
Kool Keith
Gza
Prodigy

I am the protece to juice breh.

I do not think about a top five like that. When I am who everybody wants to really be breh.
I only think about me.

Art Barr

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I am the protece to juice breh.

I do not think about a top five like that. When I am who everybody wants to really be breh.
I only think about me.

Art Barr

I like your music can you link me to your page again?

Crumple

All Star
Daps
@Art Barr your track "Crown me" is dope.

I liked your music from before to.

I appreciate you and honestly think you're a leader in hip hop.

You maintain that very, very rare purity.

You know of that purity and essence where the 4 elements intersect.