Hip Hop Is Delicious Poison. Glorification Of Murder Is My Issue With Hip Hop. No Boundaries Exist - Dee-1

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This is why I don’t respect Dee-1 (in addition to being revolted by a lot of religious music personally) clout chasing instead of counter-programming with quality music. Dee-1 has no quality music.

All he can do is mask his critique is presumed unearned superiority.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
this conversation is about rap and how it affects Black people, really Black youth. not relevant to you.
I’m black. I agree rap affects black youth.

Why can’t Dee-1 make “quality” music that resonates?

Kanye had to make Jesus Walks…and I DESPISE religious music of any form

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
(Steering the conversation back to the posted interviews) Which is exactly what Dee-1 and other activist rappers are trying to do by speaking to the youth, condemning the murder of Black people, promoting education, calling out the promotion of Black genocide to impressionable youth, and other activities.
Unfortunately, like you said in an earlier post, that message & those messengers are "corny".
Maybe Dee-1 and people with a similar message should stop actually standing for something and just give away turkeys instead.
Dee-1 should probably stop rapping. I agree.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
This is why I don’t respect Dee-1 (in addition to being revolted by a lot of religious music personally) clout chasing instead of counter-programming with quality music. Dee-1 has no quality music.

All he can do is mask his critique is presumed unearned superiority.
The thread topic isn't about whether or not you like Dee-1, Kendrick Lamar, Mos Def or any other rappers that you feel the need to tell us that you don't like.
This thread is about the glorification of negativity and it's effects.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The thread topic isn't about whether or not you like Dee-1, Kendrick Lamar, Mos Def or any other rappers that you feel the need to tell us that you don't like.
This thread is about the glorification of negativity and it's effects.
If Dee-1 is still an active rapper, and he can’t counter-program with quality music, then I dont care about his opinion.

There are two jobs he can have:
  • Rapper
  • Activist
If he can’t be a successful rapper, leave the music to the pros and just be a full-time activist and talking-head. All this other shyt is covering for the fact he can’t make better music.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
If Dee-1 is still an active rapper, and he can’t counter-program with quality music, then I dont care about his opinion.

There are two jobs he can have:
  • Rapper
  • Activist
If he can’t be a successful rapper, leave the music to the pros and just be a full-time activist and talking-head. All this other shyt is covering for the fact he can’t make better music.
I'm not here to defend Dee-1, and he's not the subject of the conversation. If you want to just talk about him or your opinion of his music, then you should create a new thread.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
"People" =/= your personal taste(s).
YOU may not like the music, but don't portend to speak for everybody. Also, like I said in my last post, this thread isn't aboit your personal tastes. Let's stay on the topic.
So why does Dee-1 speak for “hip hop” then?

This is my problem with backpackers. They love speaking and gate-keeping because they can’t produce shyt anyone wants to hear.

Yes, music is influential and can have negative messages. So where is Dee-1’s music?

OBJECTIVELY, his shyt is largely trash. But we’re not allowed to say that because yall think his message, of music you dont listen to, is more important.

How does this make sense to you?

Again, Kanye made Jesus Walks. Thats the complete example of how to do this and guys like Dee-1 would rather whine to the refs about how unfair entertainment is.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

This is my problem with backpackers. They love speaking and gate-keeping because they can’t produce shyt anyone wants to hear.

Yes, music is influential and can have negative messages. So where is Dee-1’s music?

OBJECTIVELY, his shyt is largely trash. But we’re not allowed to say that because yall think his message, of music you dont listen to, is more important.

Again, Kanye made Jesus Walks. Thats the complete example of how to do this and guys like Dee-1 would rather whine to the refs about how unfair entertainment is.
Again, you want a conversation about your personal likes & dislikes. That's not the topic of this thread. We are talking societal/cultural issues, not who's on your playlist.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm pretty sure you can look up dee 1 music :pachaha: