Hi-Fi RUSH (PC, Xbox Series X|S, PS5) (January 25, 2023)

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
One of the more innovative games I've played in recent memory. Everything platformy moves to a beat and the action requires you to move to the rhythm of the music playing to get higher score ratings. Think Devil May Cry meets PaRappa the Rappa (sounds crazy, but it strangely works in this game :ohhh:)

Last edited:

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Aye yo... Sticky this heat.

Just passed the lava stage. Breh, this is a game made by a team of people who love gaming.

Breh, I said the same thing to myself.

I'm not even that far, but once it started to "click" and I could see the world being on beat...I was like who made this game, they're genius.

The fact that dodging and jumping can also sync with the beat and have slightly different properties, like chaining the dodge dashes as I walk around...insane

:whoo:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Breh, I said the same thing to myself.

I'm not even that far, but once it started to "click" and I could see the world being on beat...I was like who made this game, they're genius.

The fact that dodging and jumping can also sync with the beat and have slightly different properties, like chaining the dodge dashes as I walk around...insane

:whoo:
Facts, even walking around and being idle is on beat. It's not the first of it's kind, but the execution is beautiful

I didn't play metal hellsinger tho, that's another music based game

Tribaligenesis

All Star
Daps
Still can't believe they played a Flaming Lips song during the rekka fight (albeit a cover)..that band were ahead of their time.:wow:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Everyone says this is 8 to 12 hours but I'm 6 hours in and apparently less than halfway through the game at stage 5

Either I'm going slow or this is really a 20 hour game. I'm not perfect in collectibles but I'm getting most of them and taking my time