HEY...lets ruin our favorite tv show/movie with common logic *THE SEQUEL*

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
:dahell:....if she's in the movie she's part of the story...

lol the movie was a story about a man vying for the love and admiration of his son with another man...she is not expected to be in the movie once the boy has grown up because she is not part of the story...its an intimate story with few character interactions besides the boy and the two men

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
lol the movie was a story about a man vying for the love and admiration of his son with another man...she is not expected to be in the movie once the boy has grown up because she is not part of the story...its an intimate story with few character interactions besides the boy and the two men

:dahell:

so by your logic...just cause a character is not a main the impact they have in a movie goes out the window?...:heh:

she wasn't a main but she did have a big role in the movie...she kept C in check...she gave dinero a reason to question if the money C got could be kept despite it bein from a gangster....she was pertinent to the vision of a stable family life that C came from....she wasn't a 2 second character...if she was it wouldn't seem so weird that she vanished from the second half of the story with no explanation....

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
:dahell:

so by your logic...just cause a character is not a main the impact they have in a movie goes out the window?...:heh:

she wasn't a main but she did have a big role in the movie...she kept C in check...she gave dinero a reason to question if the money C got could be kept despite it bein from a gangster....she was pertinent to the vision of a stable family life that C came from....she wasn't a 2 second character...if she was it wouldn't seem so weird that she vanished from the second half of the story with no explanation....

I see your point. But I still don't feel as though she was an important variable for the latter half of the movie because De Niro, who directed, wanted it to be solely focused on the struggle for the son's love between the men...everything that C did was because of these 2 men. That was the key to the story imo

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
a Bronx Tale...

i mentioned this on the origial HLROFTMWCL thread...but where the fukk did C's/Dinero's mother/wife go??...she was all involved until little C became big C and she just vanished?... :dahell:....no storyline...no "we got divorce...or she died...." nothin....just keep the movie goin like she wasn't there?

cheated on De Niro, ran off and married Artie Bucco. :manny:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Any series of movies/shows with a recurring immortal character.

They need to make up some kind of excuse on why the immortal characters appear to age a few seasons into a show. This is usually a problem with vampire shows, i.e. Angel and The Vampire Diaries.

Angel was 26 years old when he was turned into a vampire but at the start of Buffy actor that plays him is already 28. Yeah, he can pass but it's obvious he's not looking like he's in his late twenties at the start of his own series. As Angel goes on he starts to look the age of the actor more than the one he's supposed to be frozen at.

As for The Vampire Diaries

"I've been 17 since 1864..."

:dead:

nikka please.

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Any series of movies/shows with a recurring immortal character.

They need to make up some kind of excuse on why the immortal characters appear to age a few seasons into a show. This is usually a problem with vampire shows, i.e. Angel and The Vampire Diaries.

Angel was 26 years old when he was turned into a vampire but at the start of Buffy actor that plays him is already 28. Yeah, he can pass but it's obvious he's not looking like he's in his late twenties at the start of his own series. As Angel goes on he starts to look the age of the actor more than the one he's supposed to be frozen at.

As for The Vampire Diaries

"I've been 17 since 1864..."

:dead:

nikka please.
:what: that's not reasonable at all. That's lame whining

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:what: that's not reasonable at all. That's lame whining

I'm not docking points off these shows for doing that. But it is weird when they portray these 30+ actors as immortal adolescents. They could run into problems if say a show runs for more than 5 seasons. It could run into problems if the show turns into a long runner.

Last edited:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
I think I mentioned this in the OG thread on the :hamster:, but in the G1 Transformers show, the humans really fell in with the Autobots way too quickly. Sure, they proved that they were the good guys and all, but these are still giant transforming robots from another planet. It's not that the humans more or less sided with the Autobots; it's that it happened so quickly.

For that matter, the Autobots were way too willing to let Spike and Sparkplug fight on their behalf. Transformers Prime did a much better job of showing how out of their element humans are when they get involved in a war with giant transforming robots.