Hereditary (2018 Horror Film) Official Thread

Daps
Going to a screening next week. Let's hope it lives up to the hype.
Apart from exposition issues (in the third act), and a few loose ends - it comfortably lives up to the hype. Some of the best haunting storytelling I've seen in a while. I do suspect it'll get the same reception as A24's It Comes at Night and The Witch did from the general public - those of you be warned!

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Apart from exposition issues (in the third act), and a few loose ends - it comfortably lives up to the hype. Some of the best haunting storytelling I've seen in a while. I do suspect it'll get the same reception as A24's It Comes at Night and The Witch did from the general public - those of you be warned!
How was the god Colin Stetson's musical score?

Daps
How was the god Colin Stetson's musical score?
tenor.gif

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Saw this yesterday. At a sold out preview screening.

If you like slow creeping dread this will work for you. I personally found it pretty scary as it touches on things and scares that will feel real to a lot of people.

I always count on how effective a film is if you're thinking about it as you turn off the lights to go to sleep. This film has so many unforgettable images and sounds. especially one simple sound in particular that gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

Can't wait to see it again.

Last edited:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw this yesterday. At a sold out preview screening.

If you like slow creeping dread this will work for you. I personally found it pretty scary as it touches on things and scares that will feel real to a lot of people.

I always count on how effective a film is if you're thinking about it as you turn off the lights to go to sleep. This film has so many unforgettable images and sounds. especially one simple sound in particular that gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

Can't wait to see it again.
giphy.gif