Hereditary (2018 Horror Film) Official Thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
:whoa:
Within reason man. I want no parts of that.

Edit: I lied the last movie that fukked me up was Audition.
maaaaaaan! me and girl be having fukked up horror movie battles sometimes!
we probably seen every fukked up movie ever made!
and i aint no sicko or no shyt. its just the whole curiousity of the shyt!
I watched Grotesque after reading some reviews and was like, "maaaaan please!! this aint THAT bad!"

it was!
:francis:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
thats all i've been askin for for years breh.....these horror flicks and hype are so weak and watered down...i damn near need a paranormal entity to come out of my tv while i'm watchin and grab me in order to actually be scared by these flicks....:francis:

Maybe it’s you and not the flicks then man. That’s no diss either. Eventually we outgrow shyt or we’ve seen so much of it we become desensitized or our tastes change and evolve. I thought last year was awesome for horror. And we’ve gotten several gems since 2010. What’s the last flick you saw that you liked?

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Maybe it’s you and not the flicks then man. That’s no diss either. Eventually we outgrow shyt or we’ve seen so much of it we become desensitized or our tastes change and evolve. I thought last year was awesome for horror. And we’ve gotten several gems since 2010. What’s the last flick you saw that you liked?

It could be me for that very reason.... :manny:

I had to escape the American horror films for a while and started watching a lot of Asian horrors.... Last one to get to me was Noroi: the curse.... Left goosebumps on the back of my neck.... but even the Asian horrors are losing their steam....imo the cookie cutter formula is what's killing the genre... :francis:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I had to escape the American horror films for a while and started watching a lot of Asian horrors.... Last one to get to me was Noroi: the curse.... Left goosebumps on the back of my neck.... but even the Asian horrors are losing their steam....imo the cookie cutter formula is what's killing the genre... :francis:

Yeah it could just be your taste man. Nothing wrong with that. It happens. There’s a lot of good horror out there just gotta find it. Check out a couple horror podcasts and peep their recommendations. It may help.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Classicly scary movies are normally garbage anyways. Generally all reliant on the same ole stupid blood and gore and jump scare tactics. Give me the stuff that will fukk with your head.
Again A24 has been part of the indie horror Resurgence of the past few years.
These films feel more like horror films from the 60s and 70s imo

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If Japanese horror movies are getting too tame, you might just be dark as fukk breh:yeshrug:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
maaaaaaan! me and girl be having fukked up horror movie battles sometimes!
we probably seen every fukked up movie ever made!
and i aint no sicko or no shyt. its just the whole curiousity of the shyt!
I watched Grotesque after reading some reviews and was like, "maaaaan please!! this aint THAT bad!"

it was!
:francis:
Bet u watched that "a Serbian film" too huh, nasty ass nicca:scust:

Last edited:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
If Japanese horror movies are getting too tame, you might just be dark as fukk breh:yeshrug:

tumblr_myzm3iulIj1reo772o9_250.gif

i'm open to recommendations.....:feedme:

• Dap
Reactions: Jx2
Daps
thats all i've been askin for for years breh.....these horror flicks and hype are so weak and watered down...i damn near need a paranormal entity to come out of my tv while i'm watchin and grab me in order to actually be scared by these flicks....:francis:
I think a lot of folk don't have the ability to separate what scares them, and what's actually scary. Meaning I don't have to actually be scared by something, to identify that it's scary. And I don't necessarily mean jump scares, or anything that's abrupt and/or horrific visually, I'm talking subtext and the fear of the unknown. We're visual creatures for a reason.

Because the monster is always scarier, if you never get to see it.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
I think a lot of folk don't have the ability to separate what scares them, and what's actually scary. Meaning I don't have to actually be scared by something, to identify that it's scary. And I don't necessarily mean jump scares, or anything that's abrupt and horrific visually, I'm talking subtext and the fear of the unknown.

This is true.... Which is why no matter how many people try to down play "The Ring" I always give it its props.... U never really saw samara until the very end but the dialog and psychological play on who she was and how she became is what got to me when I first saw it.....that adrenalin rush made me respect the film..... not too many horror flicks capture that now and it sucks..... :francis:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think a lot of folk don't have the ability to separate what scares them, and what's actually scary. Meaning I don't have to actually be scared by something, to identify that it's scary. And I don't necessarily mean jump scares, or anything that's abrupt and/or horrific visually, I'm talking subtext and the fear of the unknown. We're visual creatures for a reason.

There’s an article I read on BD the other week that made me think of this place

[Editorial] Horror Doesn't Have to Scare YOU to Be Horror - Bloody Disgusting

Example I always use is the Friday the 13th series. It’s not scary to me. Not at all. But that doesn’t mean it’s not horror

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm too old to be scared. I just like well made movies, with hopefully new premises. It's why I liked "It Follows" and "The Babadook". Neither was GOAT level shyt, neither scared me....but they were well made and wasn't something I'd seen before.

@Blankthawtz peep some thrillers I guess. Those are basically "adult horror". Peep "I Saw The Devil".

Fred.