Help!!

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm tired of feeling like crap about myself. Sometimes I wake up feeling good, but then I look in the mirror and end up feeling sad again. My bday is in a couple months and don't want to begin my 20th year of life feeling like this. I've seen the pic thread so I know y'all are pretty and probably don't deal with this, but are there anyways I can get my self-esteem up??

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Just always work on a better you for yourself and not for the sake of others, especially for a guy.

If you want to improve your personality, image, career, ect, you have to want it bad enough for yourself otherwise the sentiment will be faux. As long as you are progressing you will gradually feel more positive and motivated.

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just always work on a better you for yourself and not for the sake of others, especially for a guy.

If you want to improve your personality, image, career, ect, you have to want it bad enough for yourself otherwise the sentiment will be faux. As long as you are progressing you will gradually feel more positive and motivated.

My biggest issue is worrying about others opinions and what they think of me. I feel like no matter what I do or accomplish I'll never be good enough.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
My biggest issue is worrying about others opinions and what they think of me. I feel like no matter what I do or accomplish I'll never be good enough.

That's very natural and ironically I have anxiety which makes me worry about the judgement of others as well. At the end of the day tho you have to tell yourself that other people ain't shyt, especially when it comes to doing what's best for yourself. You're extremely young so you have a lot of room for error meaning time. There are a lot of resources you can use from the Internet so take advantage of that and learn what NOT to do through other people's life experiences and choices.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Is there anything about you think you don't like when you look in the mirror you can change/work on?

Daps
I hear you girl and I know the feeling...its hard but my advice to you is this....ask yourself why you feel like you do when you get down on yourself. If you look in the mirror and feel ugly ask yourself why and I know this will sound cray cray but answer that question out loud. I feel like (blank) because(blank) and be truthful. We can give you advice and tips for improving yourself esteem, and while helpfull and useful you've got to start looking at you for the answers. Confidence starts with you...and only you can give it to you...once that happens what people think and or say won't hold as much weight on you because can't nobody take away something you gave yourself. Another thing that helped me personally is I made sure I looked my best when I knew I would be around people who make me feel self concious. You can't help but feel better about yourself when you know you've put in a little extra effort. I may have been a wreak inside but fixing my hair, making sure my clothes looked nice gave me a little extra something to lean on. I know I'm long winded but another thing is fake it til you make it hun! Head high, shoulders back and smile, even if it's false now it will become natural and no one knows your not feeling yourself if you don't show it. Trust me on this, you give off that vibe and people will believe it

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I can't really change anything without plastic surgery

Are you comfortable enough to say what those are on here?

I have some things about my face I don't really like and sometimes I wake up and feel ugly. I use to feel ugly all the time. But now I just have days sometimes where, like you I feel sad. But 1 thing is, I accept myself for who I am. I never wanted to get surgery to change myself. If I thought I was ugly I just accepted that, my flaws I just accepted that and went on about my life. That is what you have to do. Don't dwell on it and don't let it stop you. Work on what you can improve and accept the rest. The first step to self esteem is acceptance after that is self love.

Another thing is a lot of the time, we are our harshest critic. Things you don't like probably aren't as bad as you think. Sometimes we look at ourselves and only see the negative things. We look over our positives and our best features. Find the things about you, that you love and focus on those. You may see someone you think is pretty and you compare yourself against them and see what you don't have. Never, ever compare yourself to other people. Focus on becoming your best self not your best compared to someone else.

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I have some things about my face I don't really like and sometimes I wake up and feel ugly. I use to feel ugly all the time. But now I just have days sometimes where, like you I feel sad. But 1 thing is, I accept myself for who I am. I never wanted to get surgery to change myself. If I thought I was ugly I just accepted that, my flaws I just accepted that and went on about my life. That is what you have to do. Don't dwell on it and don't let it stop you. Work on what you can improve and accept the rest. The first step to self esteem is acceptance after that is self love.

Another thing is a lot of the time, we are our harshest critic. Things you don't like probably aren't as bad as you think. Sometimes we look at ourselves and only see the negative things. We look over our positives and our best features. Find the things about you, that you love and focus on those. You may see someone you think is pretty and you compare yourself against them and see what you don't have. Never, ever compare yourself to other people. Focus on becoming your best self not your best compared to someone else.

I have a lot of things about my face I don't really like and sometimes I wake up and feel ugly. I use to feel ugly all the time.

I hate to say it, but I don't really like my "black features" which is why I don't want to change them, but accept and learn to love them. I tend to compare myself to girls on Instagram a lot. There is a certain look that is praised constantly, and I know I don't look anything like that so I end up feeling like crap.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
but are there anyways I can get my self-esteem up??
Hmmmmm try getting good at a bunch of random hobbies. Or get great at a single one.
Also, dont interact with people that encourage you bad habits

In case ya didnt get it the first time:ohlawd:
Edit: Heh

Last edited:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I hate to say it, but I don't really like my "black features" which is why I don't want to change them, but accept and learn to love them. I tend to compare myself to girls on Instagram a lot. There is a certain look that is praised constantly, and I know I don't look anything like that so I end up feeling like crap.

What are "black features"? Instagram an not the place to compare yourself it is alot of smoke and mirrors. Most of the pics you see those people don't even look like that IRL. or they had surgery. It breeds insecurity. You should probably take a back from that and focus on loving yourself.

Hmmmmm try getting good at a bunch of random hobbies. Or get great at a single one.
Also, dont interact with people that encourage you bad habits

In case ya didnt get it the first time:ohlawd:

That was a typo ya jerk. I'm at work so sometimes I start replying but if it gets long I continued in word pad. and paste. This time, I didn't see what I had originally typed. I edited mine can you edit?

Last edited:

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What are "black features"? Instagram an not the place to compare yourself it is alot of smoke and mirrors. Most of the pics you see those people don't even look like that IRL. or they had surgery. It breeds insecurity. You should probably take a back from that and focus on loving yourself.
Skin tone, nose(biggest insecurity), hair type ...this might sound weird but I don't like my eyes/eyelids,They're small and hooded so eye makeup don't look good on me... Lastly hereditary dark circles that I can't get rid of now matter what I use...I've been trying to stay off of Instagram, but it's addicting :mjcry:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Skin tone, nose(biggest insecurity), hair type ...this might sound weird but I don't like my eyes/eyelids,They're small and hooded so eye makeup don't look good on me... Lastly hereditary dark circles that I can't get rid of now matter what I use...I've been trying to stay off of Instagram, but it's addicting :mjcry:

Looks are subjective, there is no real standard of beauty. What society/white supremecy has tried to push as the standard is not the turth. There is something beautiful and special about melanin.It protects us, it is rich, and alows us to age better. Any amount you have is beautiful. You should embrace your flaws. there are a ton of people who don't like their nose (most of the time it's never at bad as they think), and those who have dark circles, and hooded eyeslids which a lot of people think are sexy. If you asked this sub forum I am sure we all even the people you said are pretty, would have a list of thinks they want to change. Stop trying to change them and embrace them.

You really need to accept yourself. You can't do that on instagram, all you are going to do is compare yourself. ask someone to change your password and delete the app. That was its not as easy to go to. Give yourself a chance.