Hellraiser on Hulu || Discussion Thread (Out 10/7)

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
This was......mid-
but not bad at all (think of it as an alternate universe Hellraiser and it will go over better
it was too long , almost 2 hours, if it was 25 minutes less and this would have been a lot better
Icared nothing for any of the protagonists, i wanted them all to die :russ:
it was too dark , all the scenes the blood looked like black ink except at the very end
I really did not like the the changes to the mythology of the box and what happens after you open it.
No quotables ( but i was watching in between meetings so i may need to re -watch )

the Cenobites were the best thing about the movie , but they are not in it nearly enough.
good kills, good fx, great CGI on the box movement
its like they took what they liked out of the first 2 movies and he sprinkled some Hellseeker in it .
Definitely the best Hellraiser since 1988.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
This was good, not fantastic or anything but I think it's a great intro/refresh for the Hellraiser series, waaaaaay more approachable than the OG (or any of the OG's really) and they laid out the concept for how.the lament configuration works in an understandable way. Gay brother got done extremely dirty :skip:
Main chick was somehow atrocious looking and sexy at the same time.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Got this on deck but won't be able to watch until Monday.

Fred.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
:manny:

I agree that the characters didn't make you root for them.

I actually had to pause the movie to see if it was PG-13 because they kept cutting away before the people died on screen.

Everything time I heard Pinhead speak I couldn't stop think about how her voice sounded like Him from Powerpuff Girls. I don't think that's a bad thing tbh.

The cenobites were cool and I liked the way the architecture/scenes changed. If you watched Night House you'd expect that to be a strong point in this film and it delivered.

The movie is too long but I don't think it's a complete waste of time.

Main chick was somehow atrocious looking and sexy at the same time.
Riley is the dirtiest final girl ever. I bet she doesn't shower much. Her butt looked nice but still :mjlol:

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
As a fan of the first 2 movies in the series and Hellraiser : Bloodline, I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

c398d5fa6d215e2e07dc0d3c7393506c3c3c3ead.gif

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Not earth shattering but a return to form. I don't think they dropped the ball with MC because that ending was kinda about how she ended up choosing a kind of suffering anyway. The way Pinhead kinda phrased it/approached her it felt like they were dapping her up too. Like she choose one of the worst ones (living with guilt and shame for what she wrought). Having her deal with her darkness in this explicit way kinda felt like a call back to 1/2 Kristy where she was trying to get a handle on her teenage/young desires too.

Slick movie.

xRBhR5C.gif

Last edited:

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
I really loved the Cenobites, their technology, the new lore behind the Lament Configuration (and rest of the puzzle box shapes if you don't want to give it the old name), the practical effects, and the unsettling soundtrack. Leviathan coming down from the sky was jaw-dropping.

However, there was an exact point where the movie became a dumb slasher when they were trying to escape through the gate and the Cenobites just attack them on foot for some reason instead of invading their minds