Hellraiser on Hulu || Discussion Thread (Out 10/7)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
All the characters suck after the second movie; the films rely on the legacy of Pinhead/Cenobites to carry the franchise like most horror franchises do when they're trying to milk series.

Most of the movies past 5 weren't originally "Hellraiser" movies. They were direct to DVD films repurposed to keep the franchise going.

So they'd literally just add Pinhead and the Cenobites to a random movie. Which is why shyt gets wacker and wacker as the franchise goes on.

may just re-watch the series before this one drops
mad quotables in first few

jesus..... wept

and to think..... i hesitated :ohlawd:

there is a secret song at the center of the universe.... and its sound... is like a razor through flesh :banderas:

the Garden of Eden. a Garden of Flesh

Pinhead and the Cenobites had bars. More bars than any other horror movie antagonist.

Fred.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Most of the movies past 5 weren't originally "Hellraiser" movies. They were direct to DVD films repurposed to keep the franchise going.

So they'd literally just add Pinhead and the Cenobites to a random movie. Which is why shyt gets wacker and wacker as the franchise goes on.

Pinhead and the Cenobites had bars. More bars than any other horror movie antagonist.

Fred.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
this scene here has enough quotables for the entire series

didn't open the box, what was it the last tine, didn't know what the b0x was, an yet we do keep finding each other don't we

so eager to play, so reluctant to admit it

perhaps you're teasing us, are you teasing us?

Please , feel free, explore , we have eternity to know your flesh

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Basically ,
this is my reaction to a smash or pass / dyme thread and its actually a real woman and not T-Set
well, up to bout 45 seconds the rest of the scene is some wild shyt

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
mHzwHWi.gif

l120QG3.gif

GA1Bsj2.gif

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge

They have been consistently turning out trash on this series for years. H2 was my favorite, maybe watched a couple after that.

Was a big Clive Barker fan early on, not a fan of torture and gore horror but will give this a watch.

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
They have been consistently turning out trash on this series for years. H2 was my favorite, maybe watched a couple after that.

Was a big Clive Barker fan early on, not a fan of torture and gore horror but will give this a watch.
This series has suffered greatly to the original company trying to keep the rights and just adding the characters to any horror script to make a movie just too get one out.
I honestly havent re watched any afyer the first 4 but have seen them all

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
I tapped out on the Hellraiser franchise when Doug Bradley stopped playing Pinhead. I'm guessing I didn't miss anything good in the last two movies :pachaha:
you ain't miss a damned thing

some of them makes me shake my damned head while i am watching them

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
We got some reviews. The Hollywood Reporter and Deadline reviews are very different, while IGN says it's great. I wasn't aware that they got the director of The Ritual and The Night House to helm this. I liked The Ritual more than The Night House, despite it probably being a worse movie.

I didn't really care for The Night House, and I like Rebecca Hall and they had Sally from Barry in there too. My expectations were high because of the praise it got with it being a rare ⭐⭐⭐ horror movie; I was disappointed and would not rewatch. :yeshrug:

I'm hoping there's an "it's Uncle Frank" type moment in the new one. For some weird reason, that moment, from the original, is one of the most memorable quotes / scenes in a horror movie.

4af7d337-873c-4796-a3d8-ed644b9f8457_text.gif

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This was pretty underwhelming to me, but also felt better than anything after the first two Hellraiser films. Addiction was an underlying theme in the OG, and I dug how Bruckner brought it to the forefront here. I just wish the script and characters were better because everything else hits.

The lead protagonist offers little to no redeeming qualities at all. I know some addicts can come cross as unsympathetic, but I still found myself actively rooting against her. On the other hand, Jamie was very solid as Pinhead and I wish we got more dialogue from her.

The lore change in this reboot undercut a lot of what made the cenobites so alluring to me. The prey upon desire. They’re just shooting the shyt here. Most of the victims weren’t even asking for anything, and didn’t mess with the box at all. I actually didn’t mind the design change for them though, it still felt grotesque yet fascinating.

The way Trevor easily lets Riley stab him knowing full well what’s gonna happen was…...odd.

If it ever comes out, I’m hoping the HBO series can one-up this and flesh (heh) its story out better in an episodic format.

Last edited: