Hello Darkness, My Old Friend: The Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Most of those examples are guys who were surrounded by talented teammates and had a championship culture. We haven't had that in over 30 years.
Yeah. Why build anything. Why try. Why be a leader and try to change the culture or institute a paradigm shift. Why win.

Get. That. Bag.

Am I doing this right?

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Yeah. Why build anything. Why try. Why be a leader and try to change the culture or institute a paradigm shift. Why win.

Get. That. Bag.

Am I doing this right?
Nah you're doing it wrong. Why try when the guy pulling the strings and building these teams has shown that the only thing he cares about is the brand and himself?

So yea, in a sport where you're one play away from ending your career, why not maximize your earnings if the owner has shown he isn't serious about building a championship contender?

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You’re giving Jerry far too much credit.

This angle makes no sense. Nobody is letting Jerry off the hook. Jerry is not a victim lol. It’s a consensus among 100% of Cowboys fans that Jerry Jones is awful.

You can’t find one cowboys fan that wants Jerry to remain in control of this franchise.
Hell nah I never said Jerry is the victim. I meant Jerry was the one that field this roster and selected the coaching and dragged all off season not wanting to pay anybody to make excuses for being cheap. And some of the fan base now is pointing fingers at the players instead of Jerry.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
This team needs a bad season. maybe the whole regime changes. even if it does, I dont trust a good coaching hire. Zeke contract was so egregious that they didnt value Henry. Lets be real about that part. Thats why Jerry gave the too expensive reply..

Dallas bringing back Zimmer and Zeke. Just ridiculous. Dak cant elevate this team. I will watch but losses dont bother me no more

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Dak stans defending a guy for scamming the franchise when he will damn near be a billionaire when it’s all said and done.

@BlueHeffner you’re right. It’s a cult.

1. Jerry is a terrible negotiator and GM.
2. Dak’s play and contract demands are very problematic.

Both of those things can be true. The mental gymnastics these stanleys are doing to absolve Dak of any culpability here is comical.

When the defense plays like shyt and clearly lacks talent, it’s open season on the DTs, the LBs, Micah, DLaw, Marinelli/Nolan/Quinn/Zimmer.

When the offense plays like shyt, it’s open season on Zeke, Dez, CeeDee, Amari, OL, Moore/Linehan/McCarthy.

When Dak plays like shyt and/or we try to have a discussion about his contract hamstringing the franchise, it’s “b-b-b-b-b-but JERRY!!! GET YOUR MONEY DAK”

foh

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps

OLine sucks and gives him no pocket to throw comfortably from. WRs can’t create separation. Only CeeDee and Ferguson are starting caliber skill players and one was an active terrorist yesterday.

We couldn’t even call or text Henry because we can’t afford him.

Obviously the team, personnel, and coaching being ass isn’t entirely or even majority on Dak. But do you Dak defenders not realize that setting the market at a record $60mil AAV precludes your team from being able to surround you with the OLine to protect you and skill players to complement you and defense to keep you in games?

KG took record money with the Wolves in the 2000s and his team couldn’t do shyt.

ARod took record money with the Rangers in the 2000s and his team couldn’t do shyt.

Wall and Beal took max contracts and hamstrung the team with injuries. Wizards never did shyt.

I’m sure this guy who falls flat every January and getting $60mil AAV will help us build a quality team around him…

fukk him. He can die behind that OL for all I care. He wanted this mess. He created this mess. I promise you a lot of us Cowboys fans wouldn’t have this level of smoke for Dak if he was being paid $40-45mil AAV like a Kirk Cousins, which is basically his comp. Even $50mil would be palatable and give us more wiggle room for personnel decisions?

$60mil AAV? Yeah, he can get Andrew Luck’d for all I care. He wanted his cash, he got his cash. Now he can suffer with the moribund players the team is relegated to putting around him.

We couldn’t afford Henry because of Jerry and Stephen they played around all offseason till the last week and paid the going rate that’s on them

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
They have to keep the cap space to roll over to next year so they can afford all these extensions and the upcoming deal they’re going to give Micah.
That’s the problem they aren’t smart enough to manipulate the cap in our favor teams have signed hella players with big contracts everywhere the eagles do it every year.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing I won't do is be mad at an NFL player getting all they can get. Especially with the nature of the NFL and how they throw players to the bushes. It might fukk up the opportunity to sign positions that they need, but you're always just a play away from it all being over in a blink of an eye. So get your $$$. We as fans gonna still be there no matter what.
That ain’t the issue. I agree get your paper. The cowboys issue is the same issue they’ve had since Jerry took over. They never know when to let their players walk. They hold on them too long. The only time they let em walk or get rid of the.m is when Jerry or Stephen is mad(Amari, TO) they got this mindset that every player they draft is a lifer, when in reality every player ain’t lifers.

Thats the advantage that every team in the league has over us. Theyre willing to move on. A team would’ve been moved on from DLaw, Witten, Tyron,etc . At least with DLaw he took a pay cut

The Pats during their peak years always traded away players at heir maximum value. The Eagles just traded away Reddikk last year. If he was on Dallas, He would’ve been the best overall linebacker on our squad and no way Jerry have traded him away like Philly did. Nope it would been another dragged out dramatic negotiation like we’ve been used to the last decade that would’ve concluded with Reddikk becoming the highest paid player of his position. That’s the advantage that all the other teams have over us. Stop waiting till these players are flabby to move on. Its aight to trade them for assets

The jets are about to fleece a team for Reddikk before the deadline

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s the problem they aren’t smart enough to manipulate the cap in our favor teams have signed hella players with big contracts everywhere the eagles do it every year.
The agents won’t let the cowboys front office manipulate the cap with some savings like other teams do. The most they can do is void years which really helps out the players more than the team. No players that’s really good help out the Cowboys. The only one that comes to mind is Sean Lee. DLaw only restructured his deal into a cheaper one because the cowboys were going to release him and move on

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
The agents won’t let the cowboys front office manipulate the cap with some savings like other teams do. The most they can do is void years which really helps out the players more than the team. No players that’s really good help out the Cowboys. The only one that comes to mind is Sean Lee. DLaw only restructured his deal into a cheaper one because the cowboys were going to release him and move on
No I disagree the agents know Stephen and Jerry are stupid enough to pay even overpay to keep “their guys” that’s the issue. Why have urgency when you know it’s a bluff just do what dak and ceedee did and wait it out make them pay top dollar. No player willing helps out the team it’s all bs the teams just know not to pay them as much as they do

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No I disagree the agents know Stephen and Jerry are stupid enough to pay even overpay to keep “their guys” that’s the issue. Why have urgency when you know it’s a bluff just do what dak and ceedee did and wait it out make them pay top dollar. No player willing helps out the team it’s all bs the teams just know not to pay them as much as they do
Have you see. Jalen Hurts extension? The big money is also baked into his old contract. There’s no killer big one year deal(relative to his position) like we had with Dak or most teams have with their extension. I kept asking on CZ where the big cap hit season that were sued to seeing and nobody could answer it

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps

Prime example of the Jerry and Stephen stupidity. Waste a draft pick on a guy who couldn’t do anything in the most qb friendly offense in the league hoping dak sees that bum as his replacement and when that fails you paying both dudes 5 million each which means you can’t get Henry and have to go sign a dude you let go because you knew he washed